Napalm's Billet Steel! The 2016 JKU Sport Build Thread and Picture Diary

Went and had Steel's alignment rechecked this morning after feeling some left pull. They realigned it and said everything looks good!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473436939.395960.jpg

Yes sir.. Very much so. It's unfortunate we don't have more die hard Jeepers in the area wanting to make better deals to help us sport/Sahara guys out!

That may be your best bet. $600 for some almost new ones sounds like a good price.

You guys have way better deals in the south. :)

Yes, they are much more aggressive than even my last pair on Onyx it seems like. Surprisingly enough, very smooth though. In a good 20-25k miles I'll be ready for a good set of 35s :) and thank you!! Looking forward to wheeling with you again brother!!

After a long night at the FD, pulled the sunrider back and cruised home. This picture actually turned out great because of the sunrise and is now my new favorite of Steel!
View attachment 221833
Met a new friend at the gym in the form of a super clean topless TJ.
View attachment 221834

All in all, I am loving Steel with the new tires and aligned properly. Driving nearly identical to stock, and looking great for what I am going for in Stage 1. It's almost complete! Now I just need to see how she wheels :)

looking good man , I can see why that one would become a favorite for sure , but somehow I have the feeling that once you get out and do some wheeling and snap a few pics you might have a new favorite or two :cheesy: .. ive taken quite a few since my trip in june and you know my favorite one still is this one just sitting by the dewey bridge when I was getting ready to run top of the world trail DSC_3315.jpg

Did an actual coat of Turtle Wax this morning since the weather was so nice. Great results and my finish is looking great!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473707614.582599.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473707626.250511.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473707638.960223.jpg

I did all that to do this!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473707665.090120.jpg

It's been WAY too long since Steel has been stripped down. With the influx of the great fall weather we've been having, I couldn't resist any more. We've still got showers in the forecast, but I'm hopeful I can dodge and stay away from them. Feels great!!!

Looking good. You doing mine next

Negative, mine is next.

Nathan, shouldn't take you too long to clean up this lil' ol' 2 door :crazyeyes:

Steel looks good, the upgrades turned out nicely. Jealous of your ability to strip it down, it's still miserable here.

Spent a little time working on Steel today. Had a decent amount of surface rust on my rear frame and EVO D ring mounts, so decided to pull them off, throw some paint on, and mount them back up. These things are just as much of a pain to pull off as they are to get on. One of them I couldn't even get out of my frame.
Paint prep!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474478413.384751.jpg
While waiting for things to dry, I threw on my bikini top. Adverse weather is coming this weekend, plus the dew on my seats this morning at the firehouse made for a moist drive home.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474478474.607588.jpg
And done! I also added in the washers I forgot to install on the inside the first time I installed them.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474478507.276821.jpg

If I ever have to do this again, I'll mask the bolts and spray them on the Jeep. A 30 minute job turned into a 3 hour job just getting these things on and off! Boo!

Spent a little time working on Steel today. Had a decent amount of surface rust on my rear frame and EVO D ring mounts, so decided to pull them off, throw some paint on, and mount them back up. These things are just as much of a pain to pull off as they are to get on. One of them I couldn't even get out of my frame.
Paint prep!
View attachment 223537
While waiting for things to dry, I threw on my bikini top. Adverse weather is coming this weekend, plus the dew on my seats this morning at the firehouse made for a moist drive home.
View attachment 223538
And done! I also added in the washers I forgot to install on the inside the first time I installed them.
View attachment 223539

If I ever have to do this again, I'll mask the bolts and spray them on the Jeep. A 30 minute job turned into a 3 hour job just getting these things on and off! Boo!

just dropped of my rails down your way at ace powder coating , why not just powder coat em heck he gave me a killer price on the rails , those would prolly run you like 40 tops if that , do em once and be done with em

Perfect weather this morning! All the storms have passed and the forecast is looking like perfect Jeep weather!

EDIT: Picture did not work:(

Perfect weather this morning! All the storms have passed and the forecast is looking like perfect Jeep weather!

EDIT: Picture did not work:(

Try attaching the picture, then close the window. Web should still leave the attachment file for viewing even though it won't embed into the post. It's been working for me. :idontknow:

Paint prep!
View attachment 223537
View attachment 223538
View attachment 223539

Looks good... I try to not paint the bolts, but I'm too lazy to pull everything appart each time I touch up... :cheesy:

Finally able to post pictures again!

Big things are fixing to happen with Steel! Picking up a set of 35inch(315/75/16) BFG KO2s and MB wheels from tdoughtery1 this Sunday. However, the only problem I had was the brand new set of Rubicon wheels and tires I just bought. Luckily, my Fire Chief was just fixing to buy tires for his wife's anvil JKU, and I made him a great deal on my wheels and tires plus his old ones. We met up this morning for the swap!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475171725.924905.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475171736.519765.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1475171745.639304.jpg

I'm heading to Houston Sunday evening to pick up my new meats! This is a huge upgrade.. and against everything I said before. But, they are a great deal, and will really get Steel where I want her to be. Plus, you can't beat a BFG KO2, and tdoughtery1 has kept them looking great.

Finally able to post pictures again!

Big things are fixing to happen with Steel! Picking up a set of 35inch(315/75/16) BFG KO2s and MB wheels from tdoughtery1 this Sunday. However, the only problem I had was the brand new set of Rubicon wheels and tires I just bought. Luckily, my Fire Chief was just fixing to buy tires for his wife's anvil JKU, and I made him a great deal on my wheels and tires plus his old ones. We met up this morning for the swap!
View attachment 224896
View attachment 224897
View attachment 224898

I'm heading to Houston Sunday evening to pick up my new meats! This is a huge upgrade.. and against everything I said before. But, they are a great deal, and will really get Steel where I want her to be. Plus, you can't beat a BFG KO2, and tdoughtery1 has kept them looking great.

Sweet man :thumb:

Top Bottom