My WJ Build

catahoula

Caught the Bug
She's looking great! You've definitely had a brutal few weeks getting things right. Hopefully it's at a point that you can enjoy driving it now.
Thank you. Running good....heat is way better. My evaporator core is holding charge. The wife kinda asked in a nice time if I was putting on the front bumper again I'm thinking I'm digging the mad max look.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I also installed these and playing with them. I really like the electroluminated gauges. They're off a 2002 only bad thing is that the airbag and the seat belt light stays on. I could take it apart I guess and put some tape behind it. The mileage is about 158,000 on the gauges and I'm at about 162,000 on my rig. To calibrate from the Steelership it would cost me $500 I was quoted. Fucking bullshit. I either might get rid of these and just get your basic white ones and change the light bulbs. Any thoughts from anybody? IMG_20210512_193121909.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Those gauges look cool Pete. Do you have to get the cluster calibrated? Shame to waste $500 on something like that. Not like its showing 32k miles.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Those gauges look cool Pete. Do you have to get the cluster calibrated? Shame to waste $500 on something like that. Not like its showing 32k miles.
$500 to calibrate from dealer!!!! Gauges cost me $55.my rig has 162,000 cluster 159,000. Not much off. Still looking at other options. Worst case I'll just put the new ones in with upgraded bulbs. On another forum some one had them calibrated somewhere else. Just gotta find where. How have you been?

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
On another note I think I fixed my clunking in the ass end ..for now. Changed out with a bigger bolt, torgued and no clunking. I want to do the gladiator Rubicon shock mod I found. It uses adapters for the top and bottom. They gotta be better than those Zone shocks. Not too happy with those.

Ddays

Hooked
$500 to calibrate from dealer!!!! Gauges cost me $55.my rig has 162,000 cluster 159,000. Not much off. Still looking at other options. Worst case I'll just put the new ones in with upgraded bulbs. On another forum some one had them calibrated somewhere else. Just gotta find where. How have you been?
Still on the green side of the grass but been busy AF. Hope those Antifa knuckleheads are leaving you alone....

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Scored these for $60 bucks. Gonna install with brackets and slight modification.

Attachments

• IMG_20210717_080927504.jpg
    IMG_20210717_080927504.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 5

catahoula

Caught the Bug
You stole those! Great score!!
Thanks! Then I found some Overland sliders for $55. The only thing I have a 2000 I'll have to drill all the holes I'm not sure if I want to do that because my body is in really excellent shape....my Jeep that is lol! I think it might look pretty cool if I powder coated in black and painted the plastic on the end caps. What's your thoughts?

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Thanks! Then I found some Overland sliders for $55. The only thing I have a 2000 I'll have to drill all the holes I'm not sure if I want to do that because my body is in really excellent shape....my Jeep that is lol! I think it might look pretty cool if I powder coated in black and painted the plastic on the end caps. What's your thoughts?
I think that would look good.

Top Bottom