My WJ Build

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Spacers on. I need bigger tires! Definely changed it up a bit. Now I got to deal with my rear upper A arm.

IMG_20210306_172418891.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Spacers on. I need bigger tires! Definely changed it up a bit. Now I got to deal with my rear upper A arm.

View attachment 360108

What's up with the rear upper a arm? Whatever you do, if you replace the ball joint or bushings, only use Mopar! I went cheap aftermarket on both and had to re-do it a short time later. Pain in the ass.

900 miles on this crown one and press fitting came apart:

DSC03824.jpg

Last edited:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I missed what your dealing with the upper control arm? Your Jeep looks great dude

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I got some rattle I've narrowed down to the boomerang a arm. It fucking sucked installing the spacer when I did the lift. Now I'm just gonna replace the whole unit with new bushings and ball joint.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
What's up with the rear upper a arm? Whatever you do, if you replace the ball joint or bushings, only use Mopar! I went cheap aftermarket on both and had to re-do it a short time later. Pain in the ass.

900 miles on this crown one and press fitting came apart:

View attachment 360112

Ugh! Not good. I'll probably end up in the same predicament you did. I am not looking forward to it it totally fucking blew. It's kind of funny when I was doing the spacer I was thinking to myself shit I should just get a whole brand new unit. Were you getting some rattle in the ass end as well? I went over everything I've tightened everything and that is the only thing left.

WJCO

Meme King
Ugh! Not good. I'll probably end up in the same predicament you did. I am not looking forward to it it totally fucking blew. It's kind of funny when I was doing the spacer I was thinking to myself shit I should just get a whole brand new unit. Were you getting some rattle in the ass end as well? I went over everything I've tightened everything and that is the only thing left.

I had a shop replacement the ball joint and bushings for preventative maintenance. They used aftermarket. Ball joint failed shortly after so I bought Mopar and did it myself. A month or two later, there was a weird noise that I heard and found with a prybar: the bushings were moving around in the arm. I don't know if the tech fucked up or if the bushings weren't correct. Either way, I put a small bead of weld on the bushing sleeve and it held up. Within a year or two, both bushings were cracked and torn anyways because of the Chinese rubber. So one day, I pulled the whole arm and pressed new Mopar bushings in. No issues afterwards. I don't know if your ball joint is causing the noise but wouldn't be surprised. You could always buy the entire Mopar arm assembled but I think it's like 700 bucks.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I had a shop replacement the ball joint and bushings for preventative maintenance. They used aftermarket. Ball joint failed shortly after so I bought Mopar and did it myself. A month or two later, there was a weird noise that I heard and found with a prybar: the bushings were moving around in the arm. I don't know if the tech fucked up or if the bushings weren't correct. Either way, I put a small bead of weld on the bushing sleeve and it held up. Within a year or two, both bushings were cracked and torn anyways because of the Chinese rubber. So one day, I pulled the whole arm and pressed new Mopar bushings in. No issues afterwards. I don't know if your ball joint is causing the noise but wouldn't be surprised. You could always buy the entire Mopar arm assembled but I think it's like 700 bucks.

Yeah, I bought a compete arm with bushing and a separate ball joint. Not looking forward to it It is such a pain in the ass. If it fails I might just get an IRO rear arm. Core4x4 is comin g out with one, I've been impressed and happy with their arms so far.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
This was not a fucking 6-hour project. Replaced my heater core and even though my evaporator core was you're working order I replace that too. I had a difficult time connecting the evaporator core wouldn't line up finally got it to work. I really realize my heater core was leaking when I felt the floor on the passenger side. Was not looking forward to this project I went the long way and took it off in three different stages. Even though it took a long time to do it I'm still pretty satisfied so far. My carpet still drying I might just purchase a new rug and I got most of my dash in at the moment. I was also pumped on trying the white gauges but when I plugged them in it did not light up so I'm going to take it back.

So I'm very stoked about my heat now it's really hot just like my JK was and I used one of those charged kits for the freon and nothing's leaking it's doing pretty good so I'm pretty happy with the whole project right now.

Attachments

• received_147360884064250.jpeg
    received_147360884064250.jpeg
    232.9 KB · Views: 7
  • received_862981694283033.jpeg
    received_862981694283033.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 7

WJCO

Meme King
This was not a fucking 6-hour project. Replaced my heater core and even though my evaporator core was you're working order I replace that too. I had a difficult time connecting the evaporator core wouldn't line up finally got it to work. I really realize my heater core was leaking when I felt the floor on the passenger side. Was not looking forward to this project I went the long way and took it off in three different stages. Even though it took a long time to do it I'm still pretty satisfied so far. My carpet still drying I might just purchase a new rug and I got most of my dash in at the moment. I was also pumped on trying the white gauges but when I plugged them in it did not light up so I'm going to take it back.

So I'm very stoked about my heat now it's really hot just like my JK was and I used one of those charged kits for the freon and nothing's leaking it's doing pretty good so I'm pretty happy with the whole project right now.
Fuck that shit. Glad it worked out.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

That has got to be one of the worst jobs. Glad you were able to get it done and now have real heat.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Lol. Yeah I'm glad a had a few days off for this shit. Before I even had to replace this I did the the cheat way for the blend door repair. Now it seems like my motor for the left side which is through the glove box will not move. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom