My life with a Brick

JKbrick

Seger's awesome! Looks like a blast. Man I haven't been to a concert for a long time. I used to go to 5-10 a year back in the day. My favorites were Hank Jr and Molly Hatchet.

I am not a huge big crowds concert going guy but I just had to go to this one, I’ve seen Hank jr before too

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Seger's awesome! Looks like a blast. Man I haven't been to a concert for a long time. I used to go to 5-10 a year back in the day. My favorites were Hank Jr and Molly Hatchet.

I am not a huge big crowds concert going guy but I just had to go to this one, I’ve seen Hank jr before too

Jealous. Bet those were awesome concerts.

I’m headed to see George Strait in a couple weeks.

Exodus 4x4

Jealous. Bet those were awesome concerts.

I’m headed to see George Strait in a couple weeks.

You’re going to be disappointed. I saw him 20 years ago and was let down. He can sing like a motherfucker but he’s not a showman. I get wanting to see him though.

Garth Brooks however was probably one of the best I’ve ever seen even though I’m not a big fan. Saw him back in his prime when he was doing 7 shows in every city he stopped in.

Ddays

Hooked
You’re going to be disappointed. I saw him 20 years ago and was let down. He can sing like a motherfucker but he’s not a showman. I get wanting to see him though.

Garth Brooks however was probably one of the best I’ve ever seen even though I’m not a big fan. Saw him back in his prime when he was doing 7 shows in every city he stopped in.

I loved early Garth. Older Garth I personally find to be kinda dickish & preachy (Kinda like all entertainers/actors with an assload of money guess), but as far as his music the guys a beast. His shows are phenomenal - he wasn't entertainer of the year for like 50 years in a row for nothing.

JKbrick

Saw Garth last year in Indianapolis, I’m not a fan of his but my wife had it on her bucket list, had more fun after the show in downtown that weekend

metalic

I've seen Garth twice be abuse my wife is a huge fan. I listen to a wide variety of music and been to a lot of concert with Garth putting on probably the best SHOW I've been to. I thought about taking the wife to Ohio in June to see George but I've been told it's a terrible SHOW.

JKbrick

I've seen Garth twice be abuse my wife is a huge fan. I listen to a wide variety of music and been to a lot of concert with Garth putting on probably the best SHOW I've been to. I thought about taking the wife to Ohio in June to see George but I've been told it's a terrible SHOW.

If your close to Indy I think Florida Georgia Line is playing at the speedway this coming summer

Exodus 4x4

It’s true. I was never a huge fan of Garth Brooks but he definitely put on an intense show. The problem with George Strait is that he just stands there and sings. There’s no theatrics whatsoever. As long as you go into it knowing you’ll be sitting down during the whole concert, then you might not care. I saw him in ‘95 right around the time he made that movie and that’s how it was. Same with Willie Nelson. I saw him 10 years ago and even then he looked like a zombie on stage. Strait is definitely a bucket list though just to say you did it.

Only concert I regret not seeing was Chris Cornell. He came to Austin not long before his suicide and I really wanted to go, but said I’d check it next time. Learned my lesson on that one.

jesse3638

Hooked
It’s true. I was never a huge fan of Garth Brooks but he definitely put on an intense show. The problem with George Strait is that he just stands there and sings. There’s no theatrics whatsoever. As long as you go into it knowing you’ll be sitting down during the whole concert, then you might not care. I saw him in ‘95 right around the time he made that movie and that’s how it was. Same with Willie Nelson. I saw him 10 years ago and even then he looked like a zombie on stage. Strait is definitely a bucket list though just to say you did it.

Only concert I regret not seeing was Chris Cornell. He came to Austin not long before his suicide and I really wanted to go, but said I’d check it next time. Learned my lesson on that one.

A friend of mine saw Willie last year as it was a bucket list concert. He said it was really bad and actually kind of sad. He likened it to the scene in Back to the Future where Marty (MJ Fox) is playing Earth Angel and begins to disappear and can't play right.

With regards to Chris Cornell, a former coworker of mine said the same thing about Janis Joplin and the Doors.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

98XJ06LJ

George strait is one that I have never seen in concert so all this talk got me to thinking that it would be a bucket list thing to see him at the Houston rodeo as it it advertised as the world's largest rodeo and he is arguably the “ King” of country music.......
Screenshot_20190118-095406.jpg

Nah..... I'll pass..

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using WAYALIFE mobile app

fiend

Caught the Bug
A friend of mine saw Willie last year as it was a bucket list concert. He said it was really bad and actually kind of sad. He likened it to the scene in Back to the Future where Marty (MJ Fox) is playing Earth Angel and begins to disappear and can't play right.

With regards to Chris Cornell, a former coworker of mine said the same thing about Janis Joplin and the Doors.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I saw Willie Nelson last year. The guy is 85+ years old. What kind of theatrics are people expecting from him? At this point, it’s just about seeing a living legend. His band was good, Willie played his hits well enough, and he was gracious to the crowd. Good enough for me. Some of the lead in acts were really solid. Sturgill Simpson was awesome. If you get a chance to see him live, take it.

98XJ06LJ

George strait is one that I have never seen in concert so all this talk got me to thinking that it would be a bucket list thing to see him at the Houston rodeo as it it advertised as the world's largest rodeo and he is arguably the “ King” of country music.......
View attachment 319224

Nah..... I'll pass..

Screenshot_20190118-100224.jpg

These are the very top row. Head against the ceiling and back to wall noise bleed seats....

Exodus 4x4

I saw Willie Nelson last year. The guy is 85+ years old. What kind of theatrics are people expecting from him? At this point, it’s just about seeing a living legend. His band was good, Willie played his hits well enough, and he was gracious to the crowd. Good enough for me. Some of the lead in acts were really solid. Sturgill Simpson was awesome. If you get a chance to see him live, take it.

No theatrics expected, but he literally looked like he was about to die on stage. It’s just not how you see a legend go out. That’s how I’ll always remember him now and would’ve preferred not too.

TheGrendel

No theatrics expected, but he literally looked like he was about to die on stage. It’s just not how you see a legend go out. That’s how I’ll always remember him now and would’ve preferred not too.

no doubt. i'm completely shocked he's still out there at all. i saw him in 2007 at Chilifest and he was an effing zombie. couldn't play. couldn't sing. truly thought he was 1 foot in the grave. then, i have a coworker that saw him a couple of months ago and said he was great.

Top Bottom