My heater is blowing cold air

Josh27

I know mine did that after I had to change my thermostat. I think it could happen if there's any air in the system because as soon as I "burped" the system is blew hot again. Maybe try that. Quick google search will let you know how to do that

This problem just happened to me a few weeks ago. At idle (engine warmed up) no warm air would blow out of the vents. But when driving some warm air would come out. After searching I determined I was low on coolant and my radiator cap was leaking so I went and bought a cap and a jug and filled up the radiator. This fixed my heater problem but my engine randomly started over heating for only about a minute at a time then it went back to Normal temperature. While it was over heating no warm air would blow out but when the temp got back to normal it blew warm again. So next I immediately thought thermostat and replaced that. Then filled up the coolant again making sure to burp the system so there was no air in it this time. I did not burp it the first time so that may have been the cause of my overheating. But after a new thermostat and burping the system my heater blows extremely hot and it does not over heat.

One thing I cannot figure out is before I had this problem and still after I fixed my issue, I hear a rushing water sound when the blower motor is turned on for a couple of seconds then it goes away. Anybody know what that could be?

dwvninety

This problem just happened to me a few weeks ago. At idle (engine warmed up) no warm air would blow out of the vents. But when driving some warm air would come out. After searching I determined I was low on coolant and my radiator cap was leaking so I went and bought a cap and a jug and filled up the radiator. This fixed my heater problem but my engine randomly started over heating for only about a minute at a time then it went back to Normal temperature. While it was over heating no warm air would blow out but when the temp got back to normal it blew warm again. So next I immediately thought thermostat and replaced that. Then filled up the coolant again making sure to burp the system so there was no air in it this time. I did not burp it the first time so that may have been the cause of my overheating. But after a new thermostat and burping the system my heater blows extremely hot and it does not over heat.

One thing I cannot figure out is before I had this problem and still after I fixed my issue, I hear a rushing water sound when the blower motor is turned on for a couple of seconds then it goes away. Anybody know what that could be?

Sounds like you still have an air bubble in the system.

Top Bottom