My heater is blowing cold air

rubicrawl

Anybody know what to check for or how to fix the heater it's blowing cold air my son was freezing felt bad thanks brothers

WJCO

Meme King
These guys are killing you ! LOL. Seriously check that coolant is circulating into the heater core. Use a laser thermometer and check the two hoses on the firewall, see if you have consistent temperatures. If not you could have blockage inside or possibly a heater control valve not allowing flow to the heater core. (Assuming JKs have heater control valve).

jedg

Anybody know what to check for or how to fix the heater it's blowing cold air my son was freezing felt bad thanks brothers

With the engine warmed up.

Check that both heater hoses going through the firewall are hot. If one is and one isn't then your heater core is plugged.

If both are hot, that's good news. (you really don't want a bad heater core)

This means it's likely the mixer (blender) or the controls. Not sure how to test for either.

If blender - Post #9 - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?21076-Blend-Door-Actuator-(heating-and-cooling)

HVAC controls - It's the module directly behind the knobs... went out in mine, but the symptom was it would flash the defrost light on the right-most knob.

Devallee

I know mine did that after I had to change my thermostat. I think it could happen if there's any air in the system because as soon as I "burped" the system is blew hot again. Maybe try that. Quick google search will let you know how to do that

JakeJK

There you go! Just plug a space heater in to that. What amperage is that circuit rated for? :D

If it's 3 phase .75 amps

Edit pretty sure it isn't .75 amps haha I tried to do the math but it's not a transformer and I'd need the resistance to calculate the current of the circuit

Whoops

Last edited:

SilverBack

If you have automatic climate control there is a sensor to the right and just below the steering column. Check to make sure the tiny fan inside turns freely etc.

rubicrawl

Oh crap this is too funny hahahaha ok thanks brothers I'll check those hoses when I get home my co worker told me the same check the hoses and let you guys know and it's a 2010 rubi FYI

SaddleTramp

Shit, been too long since I've been on the forum, just getting caught up. Low Carl, looks like the locals busted your balls from the start...:cheesy:

t8er

There's a tsb from Chrysler about this. Look for metal residue in your overflow tank. If you see it there's left over welding slag in your cooking system and you need to flush and replace it. Hope you're under your 3/36 or have a max care vsc. Otherwise it's 10.5 hours to replace just the hearted core.

Top Bottom