Morimoto Sealed7

JAGS

Hooked
You guys in cahoots? :thinking:;) Go get a pair of trucklites and be done. :yup: I've never seen or heard of these^^^. Why "try" something with your hard earned money.

Last edited:

TNuggs13

You guys in cahoots? :thinking:;) Go get a pair of trucklites and be done. :yup: I've never seen or heard of these^^^. Why "try" something with your hard earned money.

I've always liked the look of this type of light. I do like the Trucklights and obviously they are tried and true but just looking at other options.

Flyer

I did not like the Trucklites and set them back. I recently got a pair of Cibie Euro-Code lamps to try. If I don't like them, the Morimotos will be the next one.

TNuggs13

I did not like the Trucklites and set them back. I recently got a pair of Cibie Euro-Code lamps to try. If I don't like them, the Morimotos will be the next one.

I think you are the first person that I've heard that didn't like the Trucklights. What didn't you like about them?

jeeeep

Hooked
the truck-lites light is so much better than anything I've tried...but they have an X pattern that's annoying the hell out of me.

I should have sent them back but I thought I might get used to it...nahhh my eyes at night get too tired and the X makes it worse...

I did adjust them upwards a little and it seems to make the X fade so for now it's not as annoying. I'll get the side to side adjusters and try that, I used wedges and it did seem to help more with the X pattern

Other than that, they put out some great lighting

I'll add that I did look at morimoto but seems like a lot of work to get the JK housing apart...maybe I didn't see any good tips

Flyer

The X patterns became annoying. Also, while they were bright enough, the area really close to the front of the Jeep was too reflective/bright and there was no transition. It is like they built the beam to the old photometric standard of sealed beams but a dirty version. It became distracting enough to where I had to take them out. A Jeeper I ran into had the Cibies and it was a much better beam pattern that was perfectly clean with a really sharp cutoff, so I went with those- just have not had the time to put the X-Pel film on and install them. Once I do, I'll have a rough comparison. I also have some Koitos coming in (also E-Code) and will sell the ones I like less.

I use LED lights for mountain biking. They are expensive (German-made Lupine, so the Euro conversion is also unpleasant) but really bright (1600 or 1800 Lumens) and have very clean beam patterns. I was expecting the TLs to be like those- not in quality but in basic beam pattern. Still, the TLs are definitely brighter than stock and should be fine for most.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked

If they are Adam will sniff them out..;). I want to drive a rig at night with trucklites to see how I'd be affected by the "X-pattern" people talk about.

jeeeep

Hooked
No cutting, may need to move the horn ..

no cutting? it looks like the stock dome needs to be removed and the back cut to fit the larger lens tube since it also sticks out further...did I miss something easy?

Do you have pics?

JAGS

Hooked
If they are Adam will sniff them out..;). I want to drive a rig at night with trucklites to see how I'd be affected by the "X-pattern" people talk about.

I notice the X or XY deal, but honestly not enough to bother me. I only see it when turning and something is in front of the turn like sense brush or home, etc. as said, not a big deal really. Maybe because enough people posted about it that I was expecting more. Same thing for the "flicker".... not noticeable.

- Jason

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I think you are the first person that I've heard that didn't like the Trucklights. What didn't you like about them?

Im not a big fan of them either. They are great compared to stock, and IMHO, against the JWs, but they aren't as good as a proper HID retrofit. My buddy has them on his JK, and I don't like the spread of them. Just my .02.

I don't have the Sealed7s (weren't out at the time) but they are essentially the same...difference is the Sealed7s are an all new housing using D2S bulbs (the most common OEM setup.)

They also look killer IMHO.
attachment.php

Last edited:

TNuggs13

I'm not in cahoots with anyone. Just asking questions and getting some great advise. I agree with checking out the x pattern too. 👍👋

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I'm not in cahoots with anyone. Just asking questions and getting some great advise. I agree with checking out the x pattern too. 

Honestly, I dont know about running them in Cali....although they have a completely OEM beam pattern, I wouldn't want to get hassled by cops all the time or inspections.

TNuggs13

Im not a big fan of them either. They are great compared to stock, and IMHO, against the JWs, but they aren't as good as a proper HID retrofit. My buddy has them on his JK, and I don't like the spread of them. Just my .02.

I don't have the Sealed7s (weren't out at the time) but they are essentially the same...difference is the Sealed7s are an all new housing using D2S bulbs (the most common OEM setup.)

They also look killer IMHO.
attachment.php

Pic won't load. Is it one of the pics you posted in the other thread when your mentioned them?

TNuggs13

Honestly, I dont know about running them in Cali....although they have a completely OEM beam pattern, I wouldn't want to get hassled by cops all the time or inspections.

Don't have to worry about inspections and have some cops friends that could help me out if I had problems.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Don't have to worry about inspections and have some cops friends that could help me out if I had problems.

Yes I believe it is....it's the copperhead JK with orange accents behind the projectors. If you have cop friends that will handle it for you then you'll love them. You can run OEM Philips or osram d2s bulbs with 55w ballasts and you'll be able to read at a book at a football field's distance (not exaggerating, I tried it.)

TNuggs13

Yes I believe it is....it's the copperhead JK with orange accents behind the projectors. If you have cop friends that will handle it for you then you'll love them. You can run OEM Philips or osram d2s bulbs with 55w ballasts and you'll be able to read at a book at a football field's distance (not exaggerating, I tried it.)

Haha. Thanks. You've had some great info on this topic.

Top Bottom