MOAB EJS 2024 Concept Jeeps - Let Us Know what you Think!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Every year since about 2007, Jeep had utilized the Moab Easter Jeep Safari as a way to show off a host of new concept vehicles and to tease us with what the future may have in store. That said, Jeep typically released all kinds of teaser illustrations about a month before the week long event and then made a big to do with videos and photos of what they came up with and would be showing off, on the Thursday before.

That said, for 2024, this one single post that Jeep made on IG today is the ONLY thing I've seen so far...
IMG_4424.PNG

While I was hoping to make this post, like I've always done for years and with the hopes of hearing what you thought about the concept rigs they would be highlighting, today I have nothing :(

That said, I would still like to hear what your thoughts are about Jeep as a brand, as a company and how you feel about the future of it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I would like to add a slight correction to my original post. Not sure why I never saw anything posted on Jeep's social media sights but I did find these (2) two illustrations on the Stellantis sight and using my media login :unsure:

March 14, 2024 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - The Jeep® Performance Parts (JPP) by Mopar design team returns to the annual Easter Jeep Safari in Moab, Utah, March 23-31, 2024. Two new, one-of-a-kind, rock-crawling, terrain-traversing concept vehicles will take four-wheeling to the next level on some of the toughest trails in the world and prove why there’s nothing quite like legendary Jeep 4x4 capability.

CN024_004JPkhtfaedr5eur2k4q6lpvb2u0jm.jpg
CN024_005JPgrs5himato79hmljsfmjss0bko.jpg

Really strange that they haven't been making a bigger to do about this but being that this is Sunday and that EJS is officially under way. Either way, I would love to hear what you think about these renderings and hopefully to get your take on actual pics of them if and when they become available.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
On another note, I just double checked to see if Stellantis was going to be doing any shows or events this year and on their website, 2023 is still the last one still showing. In fact, when you click on it, they showed posts leading all the way up to SEMA and with the last of which being about 2 weeks before the show and then, they cancelled everything 3 days later.

That said, I'm hoping they'll still make it out to EJS with at least these 2 JPP Wranglers but... I'm not holding my breath.

Not exactly on topic, but I see Stellantis laid off 400 engineers last week.

They say it’s due to making way for electric vehicles. Don’t know if that means there’s added costs coming up or they no longer need mechanical engineers or what…

Saw some employees say that Stellantis is just outsourcing engineering to India.

I’m sure it’s both. Either way, it’s too bad.

I was definitely looking forward to modifying my current JK and future JLs for the next 35 years. Would suck if that option goes away.

In other words, if it takes them 100 years to figure out how to make a reliable and capable electric jeep wrangler and they pull support for gas jeeps, that’s gonna suck.

Bear_JT

Hooked
I see Gumby as representing a flex fuel setup or some system like that given the charge gauge in the picture. I’m really not happy with Jeep or any other manufacturer going this route and the changes being made in general. EJS was always fun to look forward to being able to see the new concepts and now here we are with relatively nothing. It almost makes me feel empty inside. Aw well, I’m just gonna go drive my gas powered Gladiator to cheer me up. 🤪

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It sucks. I’m not bought into the EV thing and especially not for a vehicle I want to work in the backcountry where help is not around the corner. At this point it is hard for me to imagine I will buy another brand new Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's so weird. Cindy went looking a lot harder to see if Jeep may have posted anything else up anywhere else and, apparently they did on FB about 10 days ago but... with the exception of the Gumby green one, they were all OLD concepts and more than a few were JK's :rolleyes:

"concepts that captivate"? Really??
Screenshot 2024-03-24 163932.png

jeeeep

Hooked
gumby colored wrangler, cool... hybrid EV, no thanks.

EV on a vehicle that's supposed to be for offroad use, take all that jarring and impacts... too much shit to fail.

392 final farewell... too bad.

Last year's EJS display didn't have the energy of previous times, they had EV test drives but during the times I was there looking around, no one was in line waiting for a test drive; hell, I was asked by 4 different jeep reps if I wanted to take an EV for a test drive 😂

IMO Stellantis does not want the costumers that built the Jeep brand, too much resistance to changing what makes a Jeep a Jeep.

They want the "green" minded, goosestep marching customer that embraces losing the masculinity of what made Jeep so popular.

Top Bottom