Metalcloak Drag Link

Zeus

Hi Guys

I would appreciate some advise.

I had to centre my steering wheel and the jam nuts was a pita to get loose, ended up with a big shifting wrench and a rubber mallet and job was done.

Now I am scared I maybe damaged the Metalcloak ball joint at the pitman arm while banging on the wrench. So lying under the Jeep and someone turns the wheel left and right there is absolutely no movement at all, joint is still tight and moving the drag link up and down is still stiff as always. But if I put my hand on the joint and pitman arm I can feel a small knock when changing directions.

Not knowing if its coming from the steering box or ball joint.

Is this normal or not.

Much appreciated

Cheers

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
More than likely, the TRE is fine. If you're feeling something like a knock, give the TRE at the knuckle and the TREs for the tie-rod a look. Could be something as simple as the tie rod rotating a bit and translating the noise through the entire steering system. Either way, if you're not feeling any problems while driving, I'm still gonna bet you're fine.

Zeus

Thanks Eddie

Luckily there is no sound you can just feel it when you put your hand on the drag link TRE at the pitman arm, it's like you feel something moving inside but very faint.

Jeep drives 100%

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Eddie

Luckily there is no sound you can just feel it when you put your hand on the drag link TRE at the pitman arm, it's like you feel something moving inside but very faint.

Jeep drives 100%
Well then, I'd say not to worry about it (y)

Top Bottom