Mesh Door Pocket Replacement: Any good ideas?

dillard09

I’ve seen these products and know the guy that makes them. They look like a good solution to the problem. I don’t personally have or need them, though, because my 2010 is pre-sagging pockets.
I agree. Have seen them in person and a solid product made in the U.S.A.!! Something you can put stuff in without if sticking out the holes, falling out, or sagging. No sagging sack.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Do people actually use those pockets? A hard pocket is dumb. I don’t use the ones in my half doors for anything besides trash and the pockets in my truck just hold trash too. Stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

Do people actually use those pockets? A hard pocket is dumb. I don’t use the ones in my half doors for anything besides trash and the pockets in my truck just hold trash too. Stupid.

I have the slickrock pockets now and use them for my tire gauge and air chuck. The one in front of the shifter holds my phone while it’s plugged in. I think they’re better than the saggy tit mesh shit that was there.

dillard09

I have an 08 so I dont have the nets and i use mine to hold 1/4" ratchet a couple small sockets and a couple common used end wrenches. Dont think those would stay very well in the nets.
And of course trash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app

sparks

My pockets aren’t sagging but I was getting out and got the lace hook on my work boots caught in the net, causing me to fall out of my Jeep and look like a drunken fool at work about 2 weeks ago.

So I have a big hole in the middle of the pocket, great info on this topic to find a suitable replacement.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I have the slickrock pockets now and use them for my tire gauge and air chuck. The one in front of the shifter holds my phone while it’s plugged in. I think they’re better than the saggy tit mesh shit that was there.

seen these in person, look almost like factory. I have an 07 so can’t speak to the doors but for the center council I would order one if they were made for pre 2011 so I could do away with the netting that only holds my sunglasses.

BlackKnight

The Smittybuilt MOLLE ones are no longer made. I havn't seen any other ones for MOLLE. Mine are "barely" used, a pack of gum here or there. But I have at least a dozen times gotten my hiking boot caught on the mesh getting out of the Jeep (Those Speed lacing hooks). I want to take them off at the minimum, if not replace with a MOLLE one...

whispike

Theres these pockets made by Slickrock Gear. They seem to be what you're looking for. driver-front-1__48428.1512167834.jpg

Attachments

• driver-front-1__48428.1512167834.jpg
    driver-front-1__48428.1512167834.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 198
Top Bottom