Measuring Lift

RCVRY

I'm sorry I can't tell what brand it is for sure, but am glad to see the rear track bar bracket hooks to the axle for reinforcement. Some earlier brackets didn't. Will keep looking

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
That's cool. I've been digging, too, but can't seem to come up with nothing. Judging from the condition of the components, I would guess they're from 2011 or 2012.

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

quertyman

Not trying to threadjack but I measured the lift on my jeep and it is confusing how I have under 2 inches of lift but am running 37s. It started as an AEV 2.5" lift but we put a 1.5" spacer above all the springs which should net 4" of lift. Right now I am sitting right under 2" of lift if those specs were correct. Anyone know why my lift height is so low?
IMG_6542.jpg IMG_6545.jpg IMG_6546.jpg

Last edited:

RCVRY

Not trying to threadjack but I measured the lift on my jeep and it is confusing how I have under 2 inches of lift but am running 37s. It started as an AEV 2.5" lift but we put a 1.5" spacer above all the springs which should net 4" of lift. Right now I am sitting right under 2" of lift if those specs were correct. Anyone know why my lift height is so low?
View attachment 270152 View attachment 270153 View attachment 270154
Hmmm...conspiracy, maybe?[emoji54]

I have no idea. I'm going to start a new thread to address other specific issues. I need to drop this lift back to stock height and I need to figure out how.

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

View attachment 270152 View attachment 270153 View attachment 270154

Springs look pretty sagged to me. Friends AEV 2.5 did the same thing.
Maybe you got a 2.5 for a two door?
Also looks like you are or are very close to bottoming out those shocks based on the dirt marks.

quertyman

Springs look pretty sagged to me. Friends AEV 2.5 did the same thing.
Maybe you got a 2.5 for a two door?
Also looks like you are or are very close to bottoming out those shocks based on the dirt marks.

The lift was definitely a 2.5 for the 4 door and at a good height originally. And yea the shocks were bottoming out right when I got the shocks but the bump stops have been changed to stop that.

BaddestCross

The lift was definitely a 2.5 for the 4 door and at a good height originally. And yea the shocks were bottoming out right when I got the shocks but the bump stops have been changed to stop that.
Holy shit... What do you have, like 1.5-2" of up-travel? Either those springs are toast, your shocks are too long, or both.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeffd

Your top 4 coils are fully compressed. That's not a good thing.

they are triple rate coils and on a new set that I just installed the top 3 coils are compressed like that under the weight of the jeep with stock bumper and no winch so that part might be normal for aev, what is not normal is the rest of the coils sagging so bad. AEV will replace those coils under warranty because unless he is really loaded down he should get an honest 2.5" without the spacers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom