Measuring Lift

RCVRY

I bought my 2011 used and the previous owner did some work to it. I'm fairly certain the suspension is aftermarket because the springs are red and the shocks are Fox 2.0.
Is there a point which could be measured to determine the size of the lift?

Sent from my SM-G930T using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

Look up stock clearances of your vehicle, such as frame rail, gas tank, transfer skid. Then measure them and compare. Not an exact science to be sure, but ballpark at least. There may be markings on the springs, or a code on the shock, but that too would be ballpark on the shock

Sent from my SM-N910V using WAYALIFE mobile app

FallonJeeper

Well, wish I had done it before I lifted the wife's Rubicon, but you could find a stock Jeep, with stock tires and measure to frame or bottom of the door and compare to yours. You'll also have to account for the difference in tire size if your tires are bigger than stock.

The difference would then be your effective lift.

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

RCVRY

I found these dimensions:

Shock- 22.5
Coil- 13.375
Bump Stop- 8"

So it would appear the lift is 3 to 4", but the control arms appear to be stock as do the end links. The pinion angles are also parallel with the drive shaft.
With the exception of springs and shocks it all looks stock. Is that possible?

BaddestCross

I found these dimensions:

Shock- 22.5
Coil- 13.375
Bump Stop- 8"

So it would appear the lift is 3 to 4", but the control arms appear to be stock as do the end links. The pinion angles are also parallel with the drive shaft.
With the exception of springs and shocks it all looks stock. Is that possible?

Follow the diagrams posted up for measurement locations and compare them to what you have. The difference is your effective lift. No way you have 8" bump stop extensions... The pads on the axle are what you need to look at as those are not factory. Looks like 2" from the photo you posted, but hard to say. The only manufacturer that does red components that I'm aware of is Rancho, but I could be wrong.

Is the front driveshaft in the pictures stock? Am I also supposed to have a trans skid plate from the factory?

The shaft looks to be stock. Jeep took off the trans skid plate and replaced it with a bar somewhere along the line. What year is your Jeep?

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

This bracket
Image1501033117.089707.jpg
Looks like how BDS lowers the sway bar, it looks like the front sway bar links are the short stock ones. I do see front bump stop extensions, a stock front driveshaft, and your front brake lines look really tight. You should take them out of the brackets by the bottom spring perch

Edit: what does the rear trackbar bracket on the axle end look like?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

RCVRY

This bracket
View attachment 269835
Looks like how BDS lowers the sway bar, it looks like the front sway bar links are the short stock ones. I do see front bump stop extensions, a stock front driveshaft, and your front brake lines look really tight. You should take them out of the brackets by the bottom spring perch

Edit: what does the rear trackbar bracket on the axle end look like?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'll get more pics when the sun comes up. Thanks!

JKbrick

Top Bottom