Mauser gets some EVO swag!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stopped by America's Tire today to have the Nittos balanced. The worst wheel took about 5oz while the best wheel took less than 2oz of weight.

Smooth as butta now! :)

Also, let all of the air out of the tires to check the torque on the Slab rings. On average, I would say there were 8-10 bolts per wheel that were not quite to torque. They were by no means loose, however, they did turn a bit before the torque wrench clicked.

Aww man those slabs look nice. I hadn't read up on ur thread since u were waiting on the slabs. Great work on your rig!!! it's looking real good.

Thanks for sharing rock light mounting ideas and locations. I like the simple brackets you made, I had not thought of that before.

Mauser finally got his first taste of snow! Working our way up to Crater Lake earlier today:

1428385275957.jpg

1428385311917.jpg

Enjoying a beautiful sunset as we keep heading north

1428385328821.jpg

I'm up to about 450mi on the new gears and all I can say is wow! Don't hesitate to go 5.13s! I wavered for a bit between 4.88s and 5.13s and I am very glad I stuck with the recommendations of sticking with 5.13s. Driving back from LA last night was a night and day difference from the drive down. Only a few hills required the transmission to drop down to 4th and only one really steep grade on the Grapevine required 3rd for a brief period. In contrast, driving down to LA, even the slightest grade would cause the trans to drop into 4th, and anything more than a slight grade would often cause the trans to drop all the way into 3rd.

What I notice now is the downshift from 5th to 4th (~2700-->~3200rpm) puts the engine in a very nice power band and will rarely require the further downshift the 3rd. Whereas with the 4.10s, the shift from 5th to 4th only got the engine up to about 2800-2900RPM. This resulted in the further downshift to 3rd which is a much more aggressive downshift and resulted in engine RPMs in the high 3s nearly 4k.

As a side note, while we were at it, I had ORE install a new J.E. Reel 1350 front drive shaft. On the way home, I quickly noticed a slight, high frequency, oscillating vibration above 50mph. Last alignment shows caster was at 4.8*. Just ordered a set of EVO Front Lower Control Arms and hopefully just a small tweak in the caster will get the pinion closer to an acceptable, no vibrating angle.

Is your Jeep a manual? How do you know what gear your shifting in and out of? I've been trying to keep track of mine but I have an auto and I lose track. Right now I'm running 35's with 4.88's so I'm trying to keep track of the rpm's because I want to jump to 37's but want to be in the same rpm range.

Is your Jeep a manual? How do you know what gear your shifting in and out of? I've been trying to keep track of mine but I have an auto and I lose track. Right now I'm running 35's with 4.88's so I'm trying to keep track of the rpm's because I want to jump to 37's but want to be in the same rpm range.

Mine is an Auto. I have always been pretty keen to engine rpm and shift points so I think over time, I have just figured out which gear is which.

With 35s and 4.88s, you are probably turning almost identical rpms to mine with 5.13s and 37s. Your rpms will slow down a bit if you jump to 37s, but I think you will still be happy with the 4.88s. Definitely not worth the cost of another regear in my opinion.

Hope this helps!

Phew! Just got done swapping out two Trail Grapplers courtesy of Discount Tire Direct. :)

From day 1 with the TGs, I had a steering wheel shake. Narrowed it down to a front tire and confirmed it on the balancer. Moved that tire to the spare and went on my way. Well, after 3000mi, America's Tire did a four tire rotation and the steering wheel started shaking again. Determined the front left tire had a wobble to it and it wasn't really noticeable until the tire made it to the front axle.

Huge thanks to Discount Tire Direct! We are now shake free!! Woo hoo! :)

Now Mauser is ready for a road trip tomorrow for the Norcal Grapes and Grub! :thumbup:

Not directly related to the build perse, but this should sure make things easier in the future, both in the garage and on the trail!

1431755247788.jpg

A 30% off flash sale at Zoro yesterday sure came in handy!

Not directly related to the build perse, but this should sure make things easier in the future, both in the garage and on the trail!

View attachment 143386

A 30% off flash sale at Zoro yesterday sure came in handy!

Picked one of these up a couple months ago- awesome!. I've used it a lot more than I thought I would because it makes things so much easier & faster, so I haven't been procrastinating on work needing done

Been quiet the past couple of weeks since my wife and I closed on our first California home and wanted to share what we've been up to with the Wayalife crowd!!

Within a couple of hours of closing, we had already gutted the kitchen. Within a few days, we had filled a 20yd dumpster with pretty much the entire interior of the house (doors, trim, cabinets, carpet, linoleum, etc.)

We are now about 10 days into the renovation and hopefully tomorrow the first coat of primer goes on the ceilings. Woo hoo! :thumbup:

A HUGE thanks to Panda and K.D.C.H for stopping by and putting in a few hours of hard work pulling up an old subfloor!! :):)

1432533522884.jpg

Anyways, here are a few pictures of the progress:

1432532983750.jpg

1432533008443.jpg

Soffit gone and prepping to build a full sized refrigerator set back.
1432533029849.jpg

1432533087795.jpg

New pantry roughed in:
1432533110444.jpg

Had to update the fireplace:
1432533146813.jpg

1432533175442.jpg

1432533200351.jpg

1432533231793.jpg

Mauser enjoying the sunset next to a nearly full dumpster:
1432533260340.jpg

Rough in electrical and plumbing inspection passed so drywall started going back up. And my boys helping with the clean up effort:
1432533303110.jpg

New solid core doors with jams and casing went back in today:
1432533372927.jpg

Hoping to give Mauser some attention in the coming weeks to get ready for the Wayalife Rubicon Run! :thumbup:

Thanks for looking!

Always a pleasure to come help out my Wayalife family. I'm sure bill be dropping by in the next couple days to check on the progress of the house and see if there's anything left to destroy.

Also I'm a little disappointed to see you covered up the kitchen skylight. I really thought you had put your foot down on that addition :cheesy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom