Lug nut for Kmc wheels

Tko13

I have a 13 jk with a set of xd wheels. I recently picked up a set of Kmc beadlocks. Will the same lug nuts work? What about some locking lugs for a litile security. Any help would be appreciated haven’t had many aftermarket wheels.

JeepFan

Hooked
I have a 13 jk with a set of xd wheels. I recently picked up a set of Kmc beadlocks. Will the same lug nuts work? What about some locking lugs for a litile security. Any help would be appreciated haven’t had many aftermarket wheels.
The factory acorn lug nuts are junk.
These will work nicely.

MCGARD 64029 Black Bulge Cone Seat Style Lug Nut Set (1/2"-20 Thread Size) - Set of 4 https://a.co/d/2rEQPmm

Locking lug nuts are a pita! Lol

jesse3638

Hooked
Locking lug nuts seem like an increased risk factor while off-road on the trail.
If you forget the key they are a PIA, however a 20 or 21mm 12 pt socket and a BFH will help you get them off in a pinch. Just don't plan on ever using that socket again as it will have a locking lugnut stuck in it...haha

Tko13

Yes I would agree but you can’t get to the trail if some low life steals your wheels. Now I’ve never had that happen but I’ve never had this much money tied up in wheels and tires. Kmc grenades with 37” nitto trail grapplers.

Yes I would agree but you can’t get to the trail if some low life steals your wheels. Now I’ve never had that happen but I’ve never had this much money tied up in wheels and tires. Kmc grenades with 37” nitto trail grapplers.
So you expect that one morning you will emerge from your tent and find your Jeep on blocks (or on the ground) with no wheels?

Perhaps you might find much of your engine removed as well?

Tko13

So you expect that one morning you will emerge from your tent and find your Jeep on blocks (or on the ground) with no wheels?

Perhaps you might find much of your engine removed as well?
This really has nothing to do with the original question but it could happen anywhere? I stay in hotels when I travel not a tent so it could happen in the parking lot.( I’ve had my truck broke into at a hotel). I’ve seen more than one vehicle sitting with no wheels on them over the years.

desertrunner

I bought some gorrila lug nuts on amazon when i got my trail readys. the stock ones were not long enough. Specifically how long you need for you KMCs im not sure i got the 1.9" ones for mine (i think stock is just shy of 1.5) They are a good brand that lots of guys here use when they go to 1 tons and they do offer some locking versions as well. I didnt go with the locking ones so cant speak to that but i like the quality of them.
Surprisingly not cheap though but i guess if you spend 3k+ on wheels and complain about $100 lug nuts then you in the wrong hobby

Top Bottom