Lucile, and no, not the bat.

Verificatory

So I was finally able to start building the jeep, she was bought with a pro-comp lift. It’s gonna stay for now, but change to evo coil overs one day. But I finally got a front bumper and a winch. They’re for now, and until I hopefully change jobs and start making close to $10k more a year. But it’s the Smittybilt XRC bumper. That thing is heavy! Like it a lot, but I want to add a stinger to it. Good thing I know a guy who can Fab that! And I got the Smittybilt XRC 9500lb waterproof winch. It is a slow thing, y’all are right. But for now, I can deal.

What should I do next? Let’s hear the opinions of the wise! I’m thinking some small light cubes, to mount and then run to the factory switch. But that’s a small thing I can do! Let’s hear y’all’s thoughts!!!

IMG_1114.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

So I was finally able to start building the jeep, she was bought with a pro-comp lift. It’s gonna stay for now, but change to evo coil overs one day. But I finally got a front bumper and a winch. They’re for now, and until I hopefully change jobs and start making close to $10k more a year. But it’s the Smittybilt XRC bumper. That thing is heavy! Like it a lot, but I want to add a stinger to it. Good thing I know a guy who can Fab that! And I got the Smittybilt XRC 9500lb waterproof winch. It is a slow thing, y’all are right. But for now, I can deal.

What should I do next? Let’s hear the opinions of the wise! I’m thinking some small light cubes, to mount and then run to the factory switch. But that’s a small thing I can do! Let’s hear y’all’s thoughts!!!

View attachment 295844

What is your goal and planned use for the Jeep? It's hard to know what may be best without knowing you intended use. Also I've never been an "it'll do for now" purchase guy unless it's a bandage to get me home. I don't like spending more money in the long run. IE..buying a bumper to change it out later. I prefer to save and get what I want.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
What is your goal and planned use for the Jeep? It's hard to know what may be best without knowing you intended use. Also I've never been an "it'll do for now" purchase guy unless it's a bandage to get me home. I don't like spending more money in the long run. IE..buying a bumper to change it out later. I prefer to save and get what I want.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I look to make it a eventual trailer queen crawler. It’s my daily for now. She’s going to be set up to hit MOAB, rubi trail, AOP black diamond trails, choccolocco black diamond, as well as a trail out here in the Appalachians. Basically what Wayalifes rig is.

Chasing Moby

Glad to hear your able to start your build. Chasing Moby is very ambitious:thumb:. If your doing a few upgrades along the way, I would do things that won’t be a waste down the road (chasing axle, gear ratio, transfer case etc.). Those are expensive and have incremental benefits to eventually get to 40’s+. IMO underside armor is a must with the kind of wheeling you are talking about and if done properly, it’s a mod that remains timeless. Roll over protection (sport cage/full weld in) would also serve you well no matter what you do. Best of luck to you on your build:rock:

Glad to hear your able to start your build. Chasing Moby is very ambitious:thumb:. If your doing a few upgrades along the way, I would do things that won’t be a waste down the road (chasing axle, gear ratio, transfer case etc.). Those are expensive and have incremental benefits to eventually get to 40’s+. IMO underside armor is a must with the kind of wheeling you are talking about and if done properly, it’s a mod that remains timeless. Roll over protection (sport cage/full weld in) would also serve you well no matter what you do. Best of luck to you on your build:rock:

I’m looking into the armor after I do the swaps, I’d love dynatrac and or currie 60s with the Currie anti rock. I’m looking to go 538 gears because I’m going to move to 37s for sure, maybe 40s. I’m looking at the evo cage or rock hard. Those are the big mods, but seeing as down in the south the best things we have are choccolocco and Adventure Off-road Park, just the winch, and bumper and lockers could do those black diamonds here. I’m looking-at elocks and then the compressor for just tires. I can do an e locker myself. And I’ve heard so so reviews on air lockers.

Top Bottom