LOBSTAH QUEST Part 3 : JL/JT Experience - Mabell Massachusetts

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just like the desert, but different. [emoji23]

Enjoying the trip so far... Thanks for bringing us along! [emoji482]

So whaddya think about those China tires? [emoji41] At least Skyjacker sounded badass while he was failing.

Next episode: 28:39

:cheesy: I think seeing the china tires in action or should I say, lack there of speak volumes and all on their own. But, like you said, at least the Jeep sounded badass :)

Nice How To Video.... “How to Polish Rocks with your Jeep.” Holy Crap! The fact that the tires were always slipping had to help prevent some breaks?... no way you could wheel like that on the west coast for a week and not snap some shit .. Fun Series!

31:13

It's be hard to even get your tires to spin like this in the west. The slimy rocks made it possible for big wheel spin and as you'll notice, the tires bouncing on them causes momentary instances of traction. This is where breaks occur. Also, if you watch carefully, Skyjacker, slid to the side and hit the rock walls hard and that brought their tires to a stop as well. Again, this is the kind of stuff that breaks things.

That was a really cool video. It was a good example of how tough the UD60’s are, and how crappy the Patagonia’s are.

After seeing both do their thing for a week on the JL/JT Experience, that's what I came away with. Seeing is believing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, and because I know the fanboys will be coming on sooner or later to accuse me of hating on Milestar Patagonias because they wouldn't give me a set for free, I'd just like to point out that they couldn't pay me to run china tires. Also, while I love the Trail Grappers that we're running now and found them to get the job done, I actually think my old STT Pros may have hooked up better on this stuff. At least, I always found them to hook up the best in snow and ice or at least, for a mud terrain.

64fabius

Great video!:clap2: But two questions are coming to my mind. The first one: all of you have installed on vehicle big tyres but I've seen that they turned out to be inappropriate on slicks rocks. Would it be better to choose tyres like Couragia MT ? In my opinion Couragia MT tyres could be useful to raise on those so slippery rocks. The second one: during the attempts to raise the rocks, did all of you engage 4L or only 4H ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video!:clap2: But two questions are coming to my mind. The first one: all of you have installed on vehicle big tyres but I've seen that they turned out to be inappropriate on slicks rocks. Would it be better to choose tyres like Couragia MT ? In my opinion Couragia MT tyres could be useful to raise on those so slippery rocks. The second one: during the attempts to raise the rocks, did all of you engage 4L or only 4H ?

LOL - I see you're from Italy so I'll assume you've never wheeled on rocks like this before. I think nothing short of studded tires would have offered more traction. And, so that it isn't missed, there were Nitto Trail Grapplers, Ridge Grapplers, Mud Grapplers, a set of BFGoodrich MTs and Milestar Patagonias that all took on these slippery rocks. Of them all, the Milestar Patagonias did the worst and I would argue that the Mud Grapplers did the best.

Also, there was nobody running 4H. Everyone was running 4L but in a higher gear.

benatc1

Hooked
So glad you enjoyed it :)

:cheesy: Like I always say, speed will break shit more than rock crawling could ever hope to. Granted, you may not be moving very fast back east but your tires will be spinning and bouncing around like they are. :crazyeyes:

Seeing is believing. Could you imagine how scary they would be to run up here in the winter time? :shock:

The wheel spin, tire hopping, wheels coming to hard stops as they land and find traction... yeah, I'd say they held their own quite well. Again, if it were just one Jeep that was testing out these axles, that'd be one thing but to have most of the Jeeps on this trip testing them out all at the same time and on the same terrain, the odds of a failure was that much higher. All came through a week of this shit and without any issues. :yup:

Oh, no question it would be down right dangerous. Sure the people who buy into the hype will disagree though..

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

rmccown

Great video. Fun seeing you guys wheeling a few short miles from my house.

"Just like the desert, but different."

Next vid: 24:50

longarmwj

Every time i see somebody post their guess at the next videos time, it keeps reminding me of Bible verses.

“That shall not run thy Chinese tires, for this does not please the Lord. Thy Chinese tires shall display foolishness in the eyes of the saved and shall banish thy driver to the eternal mud pit of fire” Wayalife 23:47

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. Fun seeing you guys wheeling a few short miles from my house.

"Just like the desert, but different."

Next vid: 24:50

How cool is that! You live in a beautiful area :)

Every time i see somebody post their guess at the next videos time, it keeps reminding me of Bible verses.

“That shall not run thy Chinese tires, for this does not please the Lord. Thy Chinese tires shall display foolishness in the eyes of the saved and shall banish thy driver to the eternal mud pit of fire” Wayalife 23:47

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

64fabius

LOL - I see you're from Italy so I'll assume you've never wheeled on rocks like this before. I think nothing short of studded tires would have offered more traction. And, so that it isn't missed, there were Nitto Trail Grapplers, Ridge Grapplers, Mud Grapplers, a set of BFGoodrich MTs and Milestar Patagonias that all took on these slippery rocks. Of them all, the Milestar Patagonias did the worst and I would argue that the Mud Grapplers did the best.

Also, there was nobody running 4H. Everyone was running 4L but in a higher gear.
What does it mean 4L in a higher gear? Did you gear on 1 and 4L or D and 4L?

boardsurfer

HAHA!! Nailed it. :cheesy:

A.J.

Couragia’s are made by Federal tire. Another China tire company so they must be garbage. Won’t get any traction here. (Pun intended)

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Awesome video! The wheeling is definitely a challenge from over here on the west. I have to say I believe it was synergy if I remember from last night that just kicked ass on that hard obstacle on the power line road pretty awesome! The differences between the two styles of Nitto’s is crazy each showing their potential with each obstacle... both though work better than the China tires like everyone said lol.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Couragia’s are made by Federal tire. Another China tire company so they must be garbage. Won’t get any traction here. (Pun intended)

LOL - Just because a lot of us would never run a china tire doesn't necessarily mean they'd be garbage. However, SEEING how these Milestar Patagonia did out on the JL/JT Experience was enough for me to they are.

Awesome video! The wheeling is definitely a challenge from over here on the west. I have to say I believe it was synergy if I remember from last night that just kicked ass on that hard obstacle on the power line road pretty awesome! The differences between the two styles of Nitto’s is crazy each showing their potential with each obstacle... both though work better than the China tires like everyone said lol.

Glad you enjoyed it and it really is fun to see how everything is working. Kinda the whole point of a trip like this. :yup:

Ddays

Hooked
As in, 4LO on the transfer case but a higher gear on the transmission. I think most were running 2nd or even 3rd to get more wheel spin.

Did you notice the stability & traction control programs kicking on in the JLT's like they do on the JL's?

WJCO

Meme King

I've seriously never heard of these things. I look at hundreds of defective tires per day but these ones must not fall into my venue. If they're anything like the video-featured Milestar Tampongonias, I'd stay far away from them. I already knew the Tampongonias were shit tires just by using critical thinking, but it was refreshing to see the video evidence prove it when all the other rigs running real tires made it up the same obstacle. Sure glad Milestar doesn't make rubbers where real hardcore friction comes into play.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you notice the stability & traction control programs kicking on in the JLT's like they do on the JL's?

Are you referring to how the power cuts out on big climbs when the transmission is not in manual? If so, yes, I did have that problem on the gatekeeper. You can kind of see and hear it. Of course, I was also struggling with the t-case staying in gear [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

Top Bottom