LOBSTAH QUEST Part 3 : JL/JT Experience - Mabell Massachusetts

bkac

Caught the Bug
One last comment! I’d say these videos really speak for the Ultimate Dana 60s. True testing at its finest in my opinion. Lots of wheel soles, high horsepower, lots of hard hits, and massive air time with big slams at high wheel speeds. Couldn’t ask for much more torture for testing purposes.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

JAGS

Hooked
Great video. Great series so far.

28:35

maybe the patagonias only work if the owner wears yoga paints. [emoji848] aside from that, folks were really going after it. Awesome to watch.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Love these videos and the way you capture what it was really like. Keep up the great work.
25:45

Thanks! Being that you were actually there to see it all, we'll take that as a compliment :)

I was there and running the same tires. They do suck but I also think Skyjacker was way over inflated for them to even have a chance to bit. I ended up going to 5 psi after day one just to try and not embarrass myself with my tire choice. With that said others were running some higher pressures too but a much better tire. At one point I wanted to just go over to his rig and let another 15 pounds out of his tires lol.

I'm pretty sure Durham was running a ton of air too. Granted, he does have his tires custom cut and he probably struggled more than he would have had he let some out.

With that said, I pretty much ran the whole week at about 15 psi and I mean, I never aired up during that time. Day one I think I was running about 20. :crazyeyes:

One last comment! I’d say these videos really speak for the Ultimate Dana 60s. True testing at its finest in my opinion. Lots of wheel soles, high horsepower, lots of hard hits, and massive air time with big slams at high wheel speeds. Couldn’t ask for much more torture for testing purposes.

Couldn't agree more. With the abuse we were putting our rigs through, It really wouldn't have surprised me in the least if at least one UD60 suffered a failure of some kind. They they all came through without any issues is a real testament to how well they're made. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video! Super fun to watch. It just goes to show short trails might not be easy!

Yup. Length of a trail doesn't mean squat :crazyeyes:

Great video I’ll stick with the desert.

LOL - I do love me the desert and really, there's plenty hard out there - it's just different.

Another great video [emoji106] Watched as soon as I got home from work, those axles are tough as nails ! Can’t wait for part 4. My guess 28:35 l]

I should note that this is just one of the many trails we ran all week. That they all made it through to the end spoke volumes for me. :yup:

Great video. Great series so far.

28:35

maybe the patagonias only work if the owner wears yoga paints. [emoji848] aside from that, folks were really going after it. Awesome to watch.

:cheesy: Maybe so :crazyeyes:

Jaybird 11

Caught the Bug
Im surprised nobody broke anything with all the heavy throttle that was used. I would have been looking for a tire shop to ditch those china tires. 24:11 for part 4

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Andy5160

Hooked
Great video. You guys did a lot of dancing on that trail. Looked awesome. Poor Skyjacker It just hurts watching

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Im surprised nobody broke anything with all the heavy throttle that was used. I would have been looking for a tire shop to ditch those china tires. 24:11 for part 4

Honestly, I think we were all talking about the possibility of a break. Certainly, it wouldn't have been a surprise to any of us. The wheeling was really that hard and with a LOT of skinny pedal. The fact that not only our JT came through a week of wheeling like this and without any issues but ALL the other rigs with UD60s as well is a true testament as to how well they're made. I know that Exodus suffered a u-joint break on his but after what I've seen, I have to think that's he's the exception and NOT the rule.

As far as those china tires go, I would have too. They really sucked and you'll see more of it in our upcoming videos. In spite of what the influencers will have you believe, they down right suck.

Great video. You guys did a lot of dancing on this trail. Looked awesome. Poor Skyjacker It just hurts watching

Thank you, we're so glad you enjoyed it and yes, I think we were all feeling bad for Skyjacker. Again, it's not like Lonnie doesn't know how to drive or that his rig wasn't built well - his Milestar Patagonia tires just sucked.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
How could you not ask the Boston guy to say park the car?!? WTH! You had one job. Lol

Oh, other than that, nice video, enjoyed it. East coast wheeling looks so easy in videos and pictures when you live out west. It’s not, and this shows it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
How could you not ask the Boston guy to say park the car?!? WTH! You had one job. Lol

:doh: Doh! I am a failure :grayno:

Oh, other than that, nice video, enjoyed it. East coast wheeling looks so easy in videos and pictures when you live out west. It’s not, and this shows it.

Oh yeah, it's the real deal out there. The obstacles may not be as big and steep as what we have out west but the slickness on even the smallest rocks make everything a crazy challenge. I liked it a lot but hated feeling like a break could be coming at any moment. Giving so much skinny pedal on everything was way out of my comfort zone.

Ddays

Hooked
Ok, so when the next guy asks me "how in the hell did you bend another axle flange?", I'm gonna just direct them to these videos for backup. Thanks! :thumb:

benatc1

Hooked
Another great edition, that short trail was no joke. I see what your saying now about no traction what so ever on tube skyjacker truck. All that wheel spin for pretty much everyone does speak to quality of the axles too.

Sent from my SM-N960U using WAYALIFE mobile app

TrailHunter

Hooked
Nice How To Video.... “How to Polish Rocks with your Jeep.” Holy Crap! The fact that the tires were always slipping had to help prevent some breaks?... no way you could wheel like that on the west coast for a week and not snap some shit .. Fun Series!

31:13

Bear_JT

Hooked
That was a really cool video. It was a good example of how tough the UD60’s are, and how crappy the Patagonia’s are.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome video, thanks!

So glad you enjoyed it :)

Ok, so when the next guy asks me "how in the hell did you bend another axle flange?", I'm gonna just direct them to these videos for backup. Thanks! :thumb:

:cheesy: Like I always say, speed will break shit more than rock crawling could ever hope to. Granted, you may not be moving very fast back east but your tires will be spinning and bouncing around like they are. :crazyeyes:

Another great edition, that short trail was no joke. I see what your saying now about no traction what so ever on tube skyjacker truck. All that wheel spin for pretty much everyone does speak to quality of the axles too.

Seeing is believing. Could you imagine how scary they would be to run up here in the winter time? :shock:

The wheel spin, tire hopping, wheels coming to hard stops as they land and find traction... yeah, I'd say they held their own quite well. Again, if it were just one Jeep that was testing out these axles, that'd be one thing but to have most of the Jeeps on this trip testing them out all at the same time and on the same terrain, the odds of a failure was that much higher. All came through a week of this shit and without any issues. :yup:

Top Bottom