Let’s see those Tools and Tool Boxes!!

Couldn’t quite tell from the picture. Do you have clearance for those sockets? Might need a hub nut or lock nut or whatever the hell they are called socket.

Edit to add picture of example....
IMG_0443.JPG .

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Couldn’t quite tell from the picture. Do you have clearance for those sockets? Might need a hub nut or lock nut or whatever the hell they are called socket.

Edit to add picture of example....
View attachment 319250 .

I was wondering that when I bought it. The 2 1/4” fits exactly perfect inside. Literally zero room to fit something bigger. I saw those hub sockets but they looked about as thin as a spark plug socket so I didn’t buy it. I wasn’t sure from the pictures. Luckily it fits though.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

I was wondering that when I bought it. The 2 1/4” fits exactly perfect inside. Literally zero room to fit something bigger. I saw those hub sockets but they looked about as thin as a spark plug socket so I didn’t buy it. I wasn’t sure from the pictures. Luckily it fits though.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Those hub sockets work, but I would rather have a strong one and if it's a little too big, grind it down some. It is still way stronger.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Those hub sockets work, but I would rather have a strong one and if it's a little too big, grind it down some. It is still way stronger.

The spindle nut sockets are surprisingly strong. I have on a couple of occasions (highly caution against this) used a 4" one on a 1" drive gun to brake nuts free. And in the case it's being used for actual spindle nuts then you are never putting it in a high torque situation anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jdofmemi

The spindle nut sockets are surprisingly strong. I have on a couple of occasions (highly caution against this) used a 4" one on a 1" drive gun to brake nuts free. And in the case it's being used for actual spindle nuts then you are never putting it in a high torque situation anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

My problem, from my Toyota days, I changed so many Birfield joints I rounded the edges off of mine.

Glad to be upgraded from those days

Bierpower

Hooked
Good Lord. This thread hasn't been posted on in over a year.

BUMP

Here is a rack for pliers that I've gotten a lot of comments on. Keeps everything neat and easy to find. IMG_20200408_131519.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom