KMC 17x9 Black Tank Beadlock Wheels

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As some of you may know, Nitto was kind enough to send Cindy and I a set of their brand new 38x12.50R17 Ridge Grapplers for testing and review and while we could have just installed them on JET's XD231 beadlock wheels, we decided to use the opportunity to change things up a bit. If nothing else, we wanted to ditch the wheel spacers that were needed to clear our EVO coilover system and really, it's been a long time since we run an all black wheel. Needless to say, here are a couple of shots of the all black, KMC KM236 Tank Beadlock Wheels that we just bought from Off Road Evolution.

20210731210542-3ce458a4-me.jpg

20210731210545-d358d4de-me.jpg

I think they're gonna look great on JET and I can't wait to get them installed! :cool:

Dale72

Hooked
As some of you may know, Nitto was kind enough to send Cindy and I a set of their brand new 38x12.50R17 Ridge Grapplers for testing and review and while we could have just installed them on JET's XD231 beadlock wheels, we decided to use the opportunity to change things up a bit. If nothing else, we wanted to ditch the wheel spacers that were needed to clear our EVO coilover system and really, it's been a long time since we run an all black wheel. Needless to say, here are a couple of shots of the all black, KMC KM236 Tank Beadlock Wheels that we just bought from Off Road Evolution.

20210731210542-3ce458a4-me.jpg

20210731210545-d358d4de-me.jpg

I think they're gonna look great on JET and I can't wait to get them installed! :cool:
I like those

Great looking wheels!

What kind of back spacing are your current wheels and did you have issues with rubbing prior to coil overs?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great looking wheels!

What kind of back spacing are your current wheels and did you have issues with running prior to coil overs?
Our current XD231's have 4.75" of back spacing. This caused the rear sway bar link ends to make contact with the sidewalls. That was our main problem. 3.5" will clear everything.

AZVAJKU

Hooked
Those are some good looking wheels! I think they would look great on the wife’s Firecracker Red JT……. Is that black powder coat or some other finish?

I really like the drain holes that come on certain KMC models. I think it makes maintaining the wheel much easier. Less problems with corrosion on the lock-ring bolts.

jesse3638

Hooked
Those are some good looking wheels! I think they would look great on the wife’s Firecracker Red JT……. Is that black powder coat or some other finish?

I really like the drain holes that come on certain KMC models. I think it makes maintaining the wheel much easier. Less problems with corrosion on the lock-ring bolts.
Don't think they're intended to be drain holes. They are good looking wheels though.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

The wheels are defintiely powder coat but I'm not 100% sure of the rings. They definitely have a slightly different look to them.
Don't think they're intended to be drain holes. They are good looking wheels though.
Actually, they are in fact drain holes.

Andy5160

Hooked
Wow
These look really sharp. I would definitely buy them.I also like the fact that they come with the center cap.

Last edited:
Top Bottom