KingCopperhead's Build Thread

KingCopperhead

Trektop NX installed yesterday. Damn that was a tight fit! Love the look of it though.

Attachments

• 1461099596267.jpg
    1461099596267.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 1461099612161.jpg
    1461099612161.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 183

TennJK

I feel the same way. Installed mine on Saturday. I never thought it was going to be that tight of a fit

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Looks great buddy! I assume you're keeping the hard top stored until winter and then switching back?

KingCopperhead

How was the install on that tie rod? I have been considering it for when I go hydro.

For me it wasn't bad. Everything was really straightforward. I did watch a few videos and read some write ups before I approached it since I'm kind of a noob mechanic.

I read online that *some* people who bought these rod ends had to ream out the knuckle. I did not have to do this. I contacted RSE prior to my install and they told me that for some reason folks with a Rubicon 44 up front (which we both have) do not have to ream. While some sport owners do. I found this to be kind of odd being that both axles use the same knuckle. Maybe there was an inconsistency on the production line.

As to the durability of the tie rod itself : I haven't gotten to wheel it yet. Going to Rausch in may and or June so I'm sure I'll have some feedback then.

Either way, should be an easy job for you considering all the work you've done on both of your Jeeps. I was literally reading your build thread just before I saw your post.

You should have pulled that tech's leg a little longer :) I once had a service manager try to tell me that the aftermarket CAI on my old Camaro SS was making my serpentine belt squeal, and that they wouldn't warranty it. Fun times.

KingCopperhead

It's been a hot minute since I've posted (or been wheeling for that matter.) life got a little crazy as it generally will and I had to focus on other things. While things aren't just fine and dandy quite yet, I am finally able to start having some fun with my JK again!

So I figured I'd join the 37 club.
37x13.50r17 installed today. No rubbing at full lock but I think I may end up making contact under the right conditions when stuffed.

Evo hinged tire carrier/3rd brake light relocation bracket is on the way as well.

Got a jigsaw, a dremel, and a Sawzall ready to chop the factory flares and my trigger finger is itching to order some evo inner liners because I hate the way the stock liners look with cut flares.

My initial impression of these tires went from "I can't believe they don't rub" directly to "Holy shit these are quiet." they ride super nice on the street with 27psi so far, and coming from a set of chewed up and cupped kumho kl71's they simply look massive.

I'll have some more pics later on but here's a few quick shots since I had to go to work today. 20180512_174713.jpg 20180512_174737.jpg 20180512_145738.jpg 20180512_145442.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Tires look massive! You’re right about eating up all your lift. Nothing a trim won’t fix. I like it!

desertrunner

Did you go 13.50 width or 12.50? (Profile says 13, post says 12) I'm prepping my 2dr for 37s and really want the 13.50 but at 4.5" backspacing I'm thinking I'll need spacers or new wheels.
Do you know how much actual lift you got out of the mopar lift?

Sent from my SM-G950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Did you go 13.50 width or 12.50? (Profile says 13, post says 12) I'm prepping my 2dr for 37s and really want the 13.50 but at 4.5" backspacing I'm thinking I'll need spacers or new wheels.
Do you know how much actual lift you got out of the mopar lift?

Same issues here. Not sure if I'm gonna have problems with the 13.5s with my 4.5BS wheels. I don't really want to run spacers and I'm not ready to buy new wheels.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

catahoula

Caught the Bug
It's been a hot minute since I've posted (or been wheeling for that matter.) life got a little crazy as it generally will and I had to focus on other things. While things aren't just fine and dandy quite yet, I am finally able to start having some fun with my JK again!

So I figured I'd join the 37 club.
37x12.50r17 installed today. No rubbing at full lock but I think I may end up making contact under the right conditions when stuffed.

Evo hinged tire carrier/3rd brake light relocation bracket is on the way as well.

Got a jigsaw, a dremel, and a Sawzall ready to chop the factory flares and my trigger finger is itching to order some evo inner liners because I hate the way the stock liners look with cut flares.

My initial impression of these tires went from "I can't believe they don't rub" directly to "Holy shit these are quiet." they ride super nice on the street with 27psi so far, and coming from a set of chewed up and cupped kumho kl71's they simply look massive.

I'll have some more pics later on but here's a few quick shots since I had to go to work today. View attachment 301371 View attachment 301372 View attachment 301373 View attachment 301374

Very nice!:rock:

KingCopperhead

Sorry for the typo. I went 13.5 on the width. 4.5" backspacing. I never measured my actual lift height because I was a loser and bought the lift and the jeep at the same time and let the stealer ship install it. 20180512_145653.jpg

desertrunner

Sorry for the typo. I went 13.5 on the width. 4.5" backspacing. I never measured my actual lift height because I was a loser and bought the lift and the jeep at the same time and let the stealer ship install it. View attachment 301887

Gotcha have you cycled the suspension yet? I'm curious how close it is to rubbing at full stuff in a turn. Being that the mopar stage 3 is a 3" and has a 2dr specific option your probably at 3-3.5" of lift. I'm trying to run those tires right at 3" of lift with stock cut fenders just don't know how that 4.5" backspacing is gonna work at full turn and stuffed. That's a lot of tire to fit up in there Haha. Looks great though love seeing 37s on a 2dr!

KingCopperhead

I haven't gotten to do that yet due to being slammed at work and having some "life stuff" get in the way. I won't be wheeling for a month or so but I'll have it all ironed out by then. I will definitely keep the thread updated once I figure out what's what. I'm anticipating the possibility of some contact at full stuff so we will see how close it is and hopefully address it.

Top Bottom