Kickoff to Summer Sierra Camping Trip: May 26th - 28th

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can believe it.. :(

yeah, well hopefully it comes in and blows out early.
just so crazy that it hasn't snowed up there in weeks if not over a month and now that we're going up, it's gotta start coming down :naw:

BONDSY

I hope Tioga Pass doesn't close down. Of course, the weather forecast has changed every day. Yesterday it was a 20% chance for Saturday, today it's 50%. The reports point out that what ever it does, it will be light. But who knows for sure.:crazyeyes:

On another note, I noticed last year you all made a visit to the Deli for breakfast. Are we doing that again? Just asking so I can pack accordingly.

JTLen

Ok, leaving 5am on Friday morning......:eek:! See you there. Will I need an extra jerry can of gas, or will I have enough for with whatever we're doing? I got a 2-door, so less than most of you. Jeep packed and gassed. Just need some food, and some more warm clothes!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I hope Tioga Pass doesn't close down. Of course, the weather forecast has changed every day. Yesterday it was a 20% chance for Saturday, today it's 50%. The reports point out that what ever it does, it will be light. But who knows for sure.:crazyeyes:

On another note, I noticed last year you all made a visit to the Deli for breakfast. Are we doing that again? Just asking so I can pack accordingly.

just checked noaa for tioga pass and it looks like they will get measureable snow on friday - less than an inch mind you but, it will be there.

regarding breakfast, that was kind of a spur of the moment thing - i wouldn't count on it but, it could happen again.

Ok, leaving 5am on Friday morning......:eek:! See you there. Will I need an extra jerry can of gas, or will I have enough for with whatever we're doing? I got a 2-door, so less than most of you. Jeep packed and gassed. Just need some food, and some more warm clothes!

you should be fine on gas. just pack warm cloths, food, water and wood for sure.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BTW - for those of you coming up on saturday, there is always a chance that our camp spot may be taken. if that happens, just keep going up the road as we will try our best to find something in that area.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
just checked the weather again and it looks like we are definitely gonna get some snow on friday - less than an inch but, it's expected to stick. saturday should be hit or miss but by sunday, we should be looking at beautiful 70° sunny weather again - so crazy. :crazyeyes:

just checked the weather again and it looks like we are definitely gonna get some snow on friday - less than an inch but, it's expected to stick. saturday should be hit or miss but by sunday, we should be looking at beautiful 70° sunny weather again - so crazy. :crazyeyes:

It will definitely be an adventure! Good thing we have ---> :honey:

MTG

Caught the Bug
wayoflife said:
:cheesy: indeed - this makes 3 years running. might have to officially change the name from "kickoff to summer" to "winter finale" :crazyeyes:

If you change the name it will stop snowing.

MTG

Caught the Bug
So a low of 26 degrees on Saturday night and a red flag warning. I'm borrowing a tent from Sharkey and he just scoffed at me when I asked if it was heated.

JeepFan

Hooked
:cheesy: no problem.

if you're interested, we'll most likely head up to lone pine on thursday night and do breakfast at the alabama hills cafe on friday morning at about 7:30 am. if you have the will to get there that early, we'd love to have you join us. :cool:

There's a good chance we'll see you 7:30 in the morning. Friday! :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sharkey said:
Very bummed I can't make it. Have a blast everyone...and send MTG on a snipe hunt for me.

Snipe? I was going to be busy looking for jackalope and chupacabre. I hear this is their prime breeding ground. No?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Too far north for chupacabre and too high in elevation for jackalope. Definitely prime for snipe though...happy hunting. :)

Top Bottom