July 15. Denver Crew, Red Cone is open! Let's Go!

IIQ450T.jpg

Great pics. As usual, I did not take enough and those I did take are pretty much duplicates of some of these. Great day, OUTSTANDING TRAIL!

Ugh. I hate that I missed this. Looks awesome. I may organize another run of this later this summer.

How was the pucker factor on the way down?

How was the pucker factor on the way down?

Looking at it is worse than driving it, IMO.

It was pretty sketchy IMO. Luckily there were birms on the sides, so I never felt like I was going to fall off the mountain. Although I heard you aren't supposed to use brakes, I had mine on the whole time like a little bitch, almost like instinct. I was going about 0.00005 mph and never slid once. My wife left imprints on the passenger grab handle.

It was pretty sketchy IMO. Luckily there were birms on the sides, so I never felt like I was going to fall off the mountain. Although I heard you aren't supposed to use brakes, I had mine on the whole time like a little bitch, almost like instinct. I was going about 0.00005 mph and never slid once. My wife left imprints on the passenger grab handle.
I know you didn't take it, but does her Wrangler have Hill Descent Assist? It's awesome and would be perfect for that

:cheesy::cheesy:

I know you didn't take it, but does her Wrangler have Hill Descent Assist? It's awesome and would be perfect for that

It does. How does it work? Regardless, she already told me that she wouldn't take it on that trail, there was a decent amount of big rocks in the first section.

I will say that on two of the other steep downhills, I just left mine in 4lo 1 and engine did all the work, no braking at all.

I actually got a little off on one of those birms as I was looking up at the facing Radical Hill, and started slipping sideways. Got my attention real quick. Real squeeshy over there on that shoulder! Hard to explain. Reality check.

It does. How does it work? Regardless, she already told me that she wouldn't take it on that trail, there was a decent amount of big rocks in the first section.

I will say that on two of the other steep downhills, I just left mine in 4lo 1 and engine did all the work, no braking at all.
Put it in 4 low, keep the speed low (1-2mph), and press the button. You'll feel it take over. It controls the gas and braking and keeps you at a constant 2-3mph. I used it this past week. Took my feet off all the petals and just steered. It was awesome.

EDIT: I think you can engage it while stopped actually

Last edited:
Top Bottom