JL Wrangler Hard Top Blemish - What Would You Do?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just got a call from the dealership and was told that they ordered us up a brand new hard top! Lead time on it will be 2-3 weeks but of course, that's no big deal to us. Way to go Carson City Jeep :thumb:

JAGS

Hooked
Just got a call from the dealership and was told that they ordered us up a brand new hard top! Lead time on it will be 2-3 weeks but of course, that's no big deal to us. Way to go Carson City Jeep :thumb:

Perfect. That seems like a fair and solid solution. Not like they blemished the top on purpose. Glad it all worked out.

Love that side decal BTW. [emoji6] Of course, I just ordered the larger version for the windshield. After seeing Tony's, it grew on me. Well, at least for right now. Lol.

TRLJNKY

Glad they're taking care of you guys. They prob will paint it and pass the costs to some poor sob buying a sport and call it an upgrade lol

Last edited:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Eddie, tell FCA to kiss your ass if they say they won’t replace it, painting it wouldn’t be an option if it was me, I’d request to speak with the owner of the dealership immediately! Is it going to hurt his multimillion dollar pocketbook to give you a new top if FCA won’t? They sold you a damaged vehicle, the dealership needs to make it right if FCA won’t!!! Rant over...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Easy cujo.

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
I think he’s trying not to be “That Guy”. Anyway, what’s wrong with repainting, by a professional at the dealership? You know they are painted black, right?

Agreed. Paint is paint. When they did mine I literally could not tell at all. And I’m pretty particular about details like that. Even my wife couldn’t tell the difference and she’s OCD. Of course now I have a ton of scratches from riding thru trails but they tell a great story.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Being what guy, shelling over your hard earned money for a damaged vehicle and not asserting yourself so it’s made right, fuck that, Mr. multimillion dollar owner is making a fortune. I hear what your saying about having it repainted, however for me personally, when I purchase a new vehicle or motorcycle I want it delivered as it should be from the factory, new top please! I sold Chrysler products along time ago, behind closed doors dealers are always looking to fuck you any way they can without vaseline!

“Being what guy” how about being the explosion guy? “Damaged vehicle” come on, it’s a scuff on the paint. Don’t get me wrong, I would not accept it and said as much at the beginning of this thread. However, I see little value in burning the dealership to the ground. A little diplomacy can go along way to retain the good relationship that he has with his dealership, salesman AND still get what is right.

From what I read, everything is worked out and nobody had to kick down any doors.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Agreed. Paint is paint. When they did mine I literally could not tell at all. And I’m pretty particular about details like that. Even my wife couldn’t tell the difference and she’s OCD. Of course now I have a ton of scratches from riding thru trails but they tell a great story.

I’m glad to hear that worked out for you!

Zevulin

“Being what guy” how about being the explosion guy? “Damaged vehicle” come on, it’s a scuff on the paint. Don’t get me wrong, I would not accept it and said as much at the beginning of this thread. However, I see little value in burning the dealership to the ground. A little diplomacy can go along way to retain the good relationship that he has with his dealership, salesman AND still get what is right.

From what I read, everything is worked out and nobody had to kick down any doors.

I agree with you 110%! That’s some funny shit, burning the dealership to the ground! Reminds me of Paris burning down in The Hunchback of Notre Dame.[emoji631]

Wow Eddie, that's good to hear that they will replace it! Strange that they didn't see it there, they usually have a cleaning/detailing dept that goes through cars before they are sold. :thinking:

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I’m glad they are going to replace it for you guys!

Maybe this will lead to JL hard top removal, quick one over of the design changes and installation in a new installment of the JL journal! Just hoping....

Top Bottom