JL Wrangler Hard Top Blemish - What Would You Do?

JAGS

Hooked
Thanks for the support everyone. I really hate being "that guy" and was trying to convince myself that the blemish wasn't a big deal but it was beginning to be the only thing I could see every time the garage door opened. :icon_crazy:

Hoping to hear from my dealership today.

You could back Jet into the garage. That way it wasn't the first thing.[emoji6] [emoji12] I've got to think they'll take care of it and in quick order. [emoji106]

duktrx

They should give you half off the sticker price, for the inconvenience.

But really the blemishes on our Jeeps tell our stories, what does that blemish do in your story. You bought the blank notebook, you don't want it to start as a mystery novel.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Thanks for the support everyone. I really hate being "that guy" and was trying to convince myself that the blemish wasn't a big deal but it was beginning to be the only thing I could see every time the garage door opened. :icon_crazy:

Hoping to hear from my dealership today.

I don’t like to be, “that guy,” either, but that’s a lot of money to spend for something that isn’t as perfect as it can be.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

RockingK

🙄

It will all work out in the end, my sister had an an ugly ass birthmark on her face and my folks had it removed but not until she was 4. Now there is a whole section in her baby book showing this blemish. Sorry but that’s all we could look at for four years. You don’t want Jet Li to be known for the Jeep with the blemish!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Got a call from Carson City Jeep and they told me to bring our JL down so that they can take pics and submit a claim to FCA. They're hoping to just get a replacement top but said there's a chance FCA might want to just have it painted. Either way, they said getting it fixed shouldn't be a problem. In the mean time, we get to drive with what we've got until we hear back from them.

IMG_3451.jpg

:thumb:

Zevulin

Got a call from Carson City Jeep and they told me to bring our JL down so that they can take pics and submit a claim to FCA. They're hoping to just get a replacement top but said there's a chance FCA might want to just have it painted. Either way, they said getting it fixed shouldn't be a problem. In the mean time, we get to drive with what we've got until we hear back from them.

View attachment 292359

Eddie, tell FCA to kiss your ass if they say they won’t replace it, painting it wouldn’t be an option if it was me, I’d request to speak with the owner of the dealership immediately! Is it going to hurt his multimillion dollar pocketbook to give you a new top if FCA won’t? They sold you a damaged vehicle, the dealership needs to make it right if FCA won’t!!! Rant over...

HoosierWolf

I don’t like to be, “that guy,” either, but that’s a lot of money to spend for something that isn’t as perfect as it can be.

This. Especially if you are selling the top but even if you aren't, I know I'd spend some time like you did trying to convince myself it isn't a big deal and it wouldn't be if I did it but for it to come that way, I'd be pissed.

Sounds like it will work out in the end so that's good news.

Willys17

You were most definitely in the right for contacting them to fix the issue. Aside from the fact it should be delivered to you in perfect condition, perhaps now that they are aware of the situation they can take a look at what may have caused it (something the porter did when cleaning) and prevent it from happening to another customer.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
Eddie, tell FCA to kiss your ass if they say they won’t replace it, painting it wouldn’t be an option if it was me, I’d request to speak with the owner of the dealership immediately! Is it going to hurt his multimillion dollar pocketbook to give you a new top if FCA won’t? They sold you a damaged vehicle, the dealership needs to make it right if FCA won’t!!! Rant over...

I think he’s trying not to be “That Guy”. Anyway, what’s wrong with repainting, by a professional at the dealership? You know they are painted black, right?

Last edited:

Andy5160

Hooked

View attachment 292359

Or just put the soft top on for now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yup::yup::yup:

Zevulin

I think he’s trying not to be “That Guy”. Anyway, what’s wrong with repainting, by a professional at the dealership? You know they are painted black, right?

Being what guy, shelling over your hard earned money for a damaged vehicle and not asserting yourself so it’s made right, fuck that, Mr. multimillion dollar owner is making a fortune. I hear what your saying about having it repainted, however for me personally, when I purchase a new vehicle or motorcycle I want it delivered as it should be from the factory, new top please! I sold Chrysler products along time ago, behind closed doors dealers are always looking to fuck you any way they can without vaseline!

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King

Good to hear. If for any reason they say that FCA won't warranty it because it's not a factory defect, the dealer's PDI department should have caught it, that's their job. Missing and damaged parts should be reported to the manufacturer before the vehicle is put on the lot. So even if the factory isn't responsible, the dealer needs to be held responsible. It was like that before you signed for it.

Zevulin

Good to hear. If for any reason they say that FCA won't warranty it because it's not a factory defect, the dealer's PDI department should have caught it, that's their job. Missing and damaged parts should be reported to the manufacturer before the vehicle is put on the lot. So even if the factory isn't responsible, the dealer needs to be held responsible. It was like that before you signed for it.

EXACTLY!!!

Top Bottom