JK's JK Rubicon Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK's JK

Banned
I don't usually have a problem with material since I inventory my parts BEFORE I start an install.

I guess a check off list would be recommended

It's funny the first couple hundred kits went on just fine. It's your lack of experience not the part.

Well, before jumping to conclusions here (I was thinking out loud), I was talking about the top of the shock. The bolt that's provided by King and the black allen head bolt to support the shock on the tower. I noticed when I torqued the bolt on the shock and went to place the black bolt through, it would not fit due to the threads going through the nut. When I loosened everthing up and re-torqued the nut/ bolt, I could not get my allen head onto that black bolt at all. So what I had to do was loosen that bolt that supports the sock and get the black allen head bolt all the way in, torque those down before I could tighten the bolt supporting the shock down. I talked with EVO MFG about and he said those new bolts should have gone way from that......

And yes I do have a lack of experience, a lack of experience with installing these CO's. You worked for EVO at one point so you personally know exactly what needs modifying and the next step in installing the set up. Look at it at my point of view. I have no working knowledge of the setup at all and when your given material, instructions and your rig to install this stuff and then run into problems. It's just frustrating for a person.

Buy I can guarantee you that I wont run into the same problems the second time installing the rear CO's on Lee's rig or Brandons.

^^This^^ Plus you're just a little too quick to point the hate finger and smear the reputation of a company that you yourself swear by.

No hate finger. When talking with EVO MFG this morning, a seperate company packages there material for them. So it was that companies quality control that I have a issue with. I have not said anything about smearing anyone's rep here. I've complained about instructions and missing material. I have not said anything about performance, quality or workman ship.

Just on a side note since everyone is getting emotional on me. I think the setup is outstanding personally and would recommend this to anyone.

Last edited:

upnover

I guess a check off list would be recommended

The bolt that's provided by King and the black allen head bolt to support the shock on the tower. I noticed when I torqued the bolt on the shock and went to place the black bolt through, it would not fit due to the threads going through the nut. When I loosened everthing up and re-torqued the nut/ bolt, I could not get my allen head onto that black bolt at all. So what I had to do was loosen that bolt that supports the sock and get the black allen head bolt all the way in, torque those down before I could tighten the bolt supporting the shock down. I talked with EVO MFG about and he said those new bolts should have gone way from that......

Yes the instructions are lacking, but I read about that before I installed mine. I had to do the same thing you did to install the top bolts. Tighten left right on Allen heads while moving the bolt for the shock over to make room. Pita, yes, doable, yes.

Don't think there are any design flaws. Just sucks when things don't go as easy as you hope it would.

This was one of the more involved suspension installs I have done.

Ohh and updated my profile for you ridg3runner.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Design flaw is a big word, wrong bolts packed into the kit is a little more realistic if that's accurate to begin with..

JK's JK

Banned
Yes the instructions are lacking, but I read about that before I installed mine. I had to do the same thing you did to install the top bolts. Tighten left right on Allen heads while moving the bolt for the shock over to make room. Pita, yes, doable, yes.

Don't think there are any design flaws. Just sucks when things don't go as easy as you hope it would.

This was one of the more involved suspension installs I have done.

Ohh and updated my profile for you ridg3runner.

I'm wanting a nice wrapped packages with bows and fire works... But yes it's very much doable. I like to torque things down and makes me a little uncomfortable when there not.

Design flaw is a big word, wrong bolts packed into the kit is a little more realistic if that's accurate to begin with..

After thinking about what you just said, I could except that.

Last edited:

JK's JK

Banned
Finished up installing the CO's completely. All I have to do now is receive the brackets for the swaybar and bleed the brakes. I plan to bleed to brakes tomorrow and hope that my wife will help me :grayno:

DSC02934.JPG DSC02935.JPG DSC02936.JPG DSC02939.JPG

I did notice at full complete droop on both the brake lines needed some extra room. Is this common to take them off this bracket?

DSC02938.JPG

Last edited:

moorecb3

Finished up installing the CO's completely. All I have to do now is receive the brackets for the swaybar and bleed the brakes. I plan to bleed to brakes tomorrow and hope that my wife will help me :grayno:

View attachment 81888 View attachment 81889 View attachment 81890 View attachment 81891

I did notice at full complete droop on both the brake lines needed some extra room. Is this common to take them off this bracket?

View attachment 81893

The blue king coil overs with the red jeep and red diff cover looks awesome! Cant wait to see a final picture

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Yes, it is. I have always unbolted the wire bracket and left the lines in the bracket.

You are also going to want to see if the end links are going to make contact with the hard lines. You are probably going to want to bend those up on top of the frame.

pastorwug

Sometimes I wish I still lived in Hanford, would have enjoyed coming up to help 'cause one day I may be doing this as well!
At least I already have my Rockstars on!

MTG

Caught the Bug
:munching:

This thread, and the 2 or 3 other threads it has bled over into, have been quite entertaining.

JK's JK

Banned
The blue king coil overs with the red jeep and red diff cover looks awesome! Cant wait to see a final picture

Thank you. The bright blue, bright red and the chrome is flashy :rock:

Yes, it is. I have always unbolted the wire bracket and left the lines in the bracket.

You are also going to want to see if the end links are going to make contact with the hard lines. You are probably going to want to bend those up on top of the frame.

Cool. I figured as much that the bracket didn't need to be there anymore as at full droop it would have ripped out....(I think)

Swaybar links? The brake lines needs to be bent? Pictures please. :thumb:

Sometimes I wish I still lived in Hanford, would have enjoyed coming up to help 'cause one day I may be doing this as well!
At least I already have my Rockstars on!

Would have enjoyed your company for sure Paul. :friends:

JK's JK

Banned
:munching:

This thread, and the 2 or 3 other threads it has bled over into, have been quite entertaining.

ROFL..:cheesy:

At least you've helped me out :thumb:

My wife would say I make somethings way to difficult :brows:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Swaybar links? The brake lines needs to be bent? Pictures please. :thumb:

If I had a Jeep I'd take pics. The top of your rear swaybar end links have a bolt running through the link and through the swaybar. As you cycle your suspension up, that bolt will travel up the outside of your frame. The bolt can catch the hard line of your brakes. The hard line runs to the new silver bracket you installed on the side of the frame (and to which you connected new braided flexible brake lines).

Anyway, you can reroute the hard line by CAREFULLY bending the line up and on top of the frame. If you haven't done this before, you might want to have someone else do it. If you pinch a line or break it then you have made yourself a lot more work.

Hopefully that makes sense. What I don't know is whether moving the sway bar back as required with this kit makes the brake line thing a non issue.

Last edited:

Brankz

View attachment 81888 View attachment 81889 View attachment 81890 View attachment 81891

View attachment 81893

One I be running kings....

Your rig is looking awesome!!! Dude

JK's JK

Banned
If I had a Jeep I'd take pics. The top of your rear swaybar end links have a bolt running through the link and through the swaybar. As you cycle your suspension up, that bolt will travel up the outside of your frame. The bolt can catch the hard line of your brakes. The hard line runs to the new silver bracket you installed on the side of the frame (and to which you connected new braided flexible brake lines).

Anyway, you can reroute the hard line by CAREFULLY bending the line up and on top of the frame. If you haven't done this before, you might want to have someone else do it. If you pinch a line or break it then you have made yourself a lot more work.

Hopefully that makes sense. What I don't know is whether moving the sway bar back as required with this kit makes the brake line thing a none issue.

What happen to your Jeep? I'm thinking your on the road??

I'll rotate the swaybar once I get the bracket and post up pictures. I do know what your talking about know :yup:

One I be running kings....

Your rig is looking awesome!!! Dude

I appreciate it Brankz. It's taken a little time and a lot of hearing from dozen of people on this forum to get what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom