JK WAYALIFE CB BAR for JK

Kapone

Hey all,

I know the SEMA show has the spotlight but hoping some of my fellow WAYLIFE’rs can lend me a hand.

I know the CB BAR is relatively new and while I absolutely love the bar and WAYALIFE for his ingenuity/innovation on this design, I seem to have gotten high centered 🤙🏼.

The hard top has these weird looking plastic/metal pins that slide into the holes that the CB bar go into.
1. Has anyone else installed on a JK running a hard top?
2. Whether you have or haven’t which option would work best to overcome?
a. Remove the pin? If so cutting or drilling out the rivets?
b. Drill another hole in the roll bar and mount the BAR there leaving the pin in tact?
c. “Something really cool I never even thought of”?

IMG_0367.JPG
IMG_0368.JPG

Thank you all in advance. I’m in a holding pattern until I hear back or my ADHD gets the better of me.

Kapone

Those pins should unscrew I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks SWTrailJKU. I started to try but didn’t feel like it was going to give so I stopped and thought I’d ask the group. I didn’t want to just To snap it or ruin it unnecessarily you know?

I’ll try again if it ends up that I’m going to cut them. It’s funny because I never really noticed them and then in the JL write up it looks like the JL hard top doesn’t have them.

Kapone

Wouldn’t you just leave that bolt out? Wouldn’t the top pin serve the same function as the bolt?

Hey Sharkey,

Thanks for the reply man. I can definitely do that but from looking at the JL hard top write up and then the soft top, this would be the least permanent solution.

In other words say, you go to work with the hard top on but then you get off work and it’s a nice day you want to quickly remove the freedom top 2 pieces but would have to grab bolts, washers and tools to fasten the CB Bar before heading out?
If that’s the way the design was intended then that’s the way it was intended. Just wanted to ask the group to be certain.

I do however, wonder why they chose not to include that pin on the JL freedom top and if it isn’t necessary might be a good idea to get rid of it anyway. Thoughts?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
That pin likely helps line up the freedom panels so there is no leaking. If you think you are going to need to pull the panels on the fly, then I would probably either drill new holes in the bar or remove the pins.

jesse3638

Hooked
Hey Sharkey,

Thanks for the reply man. I can definitely do that but from looking at the JL hard top write up and then the soft top, this would be the least permanent solution.

In other words say, you go to work with the hard top on but then you get off work and it’s a nice day you want to quickly remove the freedom top 2 pieces but would have to grab bolts, washers and tools to fasten the CB Bar before heading out?
If that’s the way the design was intended then that’s the way it was intended. Just wanted to ask the group to be certain.

I do however, wonder why they chose not to include that pin on the JL freedom top and if it isn’t necessary might be a good idea to get rid of it anyway. Thoughts?
Yes, however don't take off the freedom panels by themselves. You'll get a sunburn.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kapone

Thanks a ton guys and all great solutions. I truly appreciate it.
I’ll update you guys once I make a decision.
Still curious as to whether that’s how Eddie intended but I’m sure he’d chime in if he wasn’t so busy putting out those amazing videos of SEMA.
Hell, I may just break down and order the soft top I’ve been wanting ;)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kapone

Update: went outside thought I’d remove the bolts and toss the freedom tops on since I’m flying out of town for a couple of days.
There’s no way that pin is going to fit through there hole on the CB BAR bracket piece. Not sure how Overlander got it done.
I could definitely drill the hole out wider and make it work but still very weird.
I also tried removing the bracket and using the other end but still no way it will fit the way it’s cut originally.
[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Kapone

Update 2: ok so after using a heat gun and a 10mm wrench and shit ton of elbow grease I was able to remove it like SWTrail and I first thought.

Incidentally SWTrail, I’m in phx are you nearby? Let’s go wheeling :)

Thanks again to everyone that chimes in and it’s great to see you’re still around Sharkey!

I hope this write up helps someone after me.

IMG_0378.JPG IMG_0379.JPG IMG_0380.JPG

Update 2: ok so after using a heat gun and a 10mm wrench and shit ton of elbow grease I was able to remove it like SWTrail and I first thought.

Incidentally SWTrail, I’m in phx are you nearby? Let’s go wheeling :)

Thanks again to everyone that chimes in and it’s great to see you’re still around Sharkey!

I hope this write up helps someone after me.

View attachment 313740 View attachment 313741 View attachment 313742

Right on. Glad you got em out.

Used to be in PHX...Vegas now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom