JK-Experience 2012

CA to Indiana :eek: and home from MI. We have calculated we'll have driven ~5,800 miles by the time we get done with this trip. The cool part is we get to go through some states we have never been before. We are looking forward to the adventure, getting there, the week of JKE and on the way home. Will be unplanned every step of the way--every day will be an adventure :D

CA to Indiana :eek: and home from MI. We have calculated we'll have driven ~5,800 miles by the time we get done with this trip. The cool part is we get to go through some states we have never been before. We are looking forward to the adventure, getting there, the week of JKE and on the way home. Will be unplanned every step of the way--every day will be an adventure :D

wow, we did about that in 5 weeks and was beat - this will all be done in a little over 1 week :shock:

wow, we did about that in 5 weeks and was beat - this will all be done in a little over 1 week :shock:

We are planning to leave the Wed before and take 6 days to get home so about 18 days...still a lot of miles though that's for sure. I hope gas is cheaper out there :crazyeyes:

Ahhh...I'll finally get to "get out and drive" my jeep. :cheesy:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing parts of the country I would never otherwise visit!

Might need an oil change part way through. :shock:

We are planning to leave the Wed before and take 6 days to get home so about 18 days...still a lot of miles though that's for sure. I hope gas is cheaper out there :crazyeyes:

Wow! That would be sweet! Which way are you planning on coming back? I thought the northern route would be fun, hitting up Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone. But a 6 day return trip is not in the cards for me. :naw:

whoa.... that's a long trip and I'm talking about just the week worth of wheeling. dang.

MTG said:
Ahhh...I'll finally get to "get out and drive" my jeep. :cheesy:

Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing parts of the country I would never otherwise visit!

Might need an oil change part way through. :shock:

Lol I didn't think about the oil change but then again we use synthetic so should be ok

MTG said:
Wow! That would be sweet! Which way are you planning on coming back? I thought the northern route would be fun, hitting up Mt. Rushmore and Yellowstone. But a 6 day return trip is not in the cards for me. :naw:

Yeah we were planning on hitting at least south Dakota for sure then shoot down to Co. Yellowstone would be too far out-of-the-way. And depending on how much time we have left we may go into the lower part of canyonlands on down. But we really just want to play it by ear and go day to day

Im in Ohio right now visiting family and just bought gas for 3.25. So cheaper but def not gonna save you much!

Just to give everyone a reference to how fast I would say the minimum time it would take to get there would be.......I made this exact trip(Ventura CA to Cincy OH) of 2250 miles in 42 hours, only stop was to sleep for 6 hours in Strasburg CO, doing between 70 and 85 the whole way. Only stops were to fill up the gas tank where I peed and grabbed food on the go at the same time. Did it with my dog sleeping co-pilot the whole way. But my acura seats are much more forgiving on the "arse"

.......I made this exact trip(Ventura CA to Cincy OH) of 2250 miles in 42 hours, only stop was to sleep for 6 hours in Strasburg CO, doing between 70 and 85 the whole way. Only stops were to fill up the gas tank where I peed and grabbed food on the go at the same time. Did it with my dog sleeping co-pilot the whole way. But my acura seats are much more forgiving on the "arse"

I think the hardest part of the hwy drive in the JK coming from the west and through the 4 corners area will be making it over the long uphill sections on I-40 :icon_crazy: My 3.8L and auto trans gets a serious workout turning the 40"s.

I think the hardest part of the hwy drive in the JK coming from the west and through the 4 corners area will be making it over the long uphill sections on I-40 :icon_crazy: My 3.8L and auto trans gets a serious workout turning the 40"s.

i hear ya on that. i figure we'll all be in the truck lane just chugging along.

for now, i think we'll be coming up the 40 for sure and then the 70 or something up in that neck of the woods on the way back.

wayoflife said:
i hear ya on that. i figure we'll all be in the truck lane just chugging along.

for now, i think we'll be coming up the 40 for sure and then the 70 or something up in that neck of the woods on the way back.

Man, I will be on tight schedule! I basically will land in Phoenix on the 28th after flying back from the middle east on a 22hr flight, spend maybe one day with my wife and pups (after being gone for three months), get on another flight to get out to Offroad Road Evolution to pick up my EVOJEEP, drive back home to Phoenix to pack the jeep with gear and then motor on out to the meet up location by the 2nd of September, support the event for its duration and drive home again.......I LOVE IT TOO! Nothing like high adventure. Speaking of high adventure, here is a photo of my current location for the last 12 days, Salalah, Oman. Pretty insane for the middle east, known as the Khareef season.

Attachments

• image-746777545.jpg
    image-746777545.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Man, I will be on tight schedule! I basically will land in Phoenix on the 28th after flying back from the middle east on a 22hr flight, spend maybe one day with my wife and pups (after being gone for three months), get on another flight to get out to Offroad Road Evolution to pick up my EVOJEEP, drive back home to Phoenix to pack the jeep with gear and then motor on out to the meet up location by the 2nd of September, support the event for its duration and drive home again.......I LOVE IT TOO! Nothing like high adventure. Speaking of high adventure, here is a photo of my current location for the last 12 days, Salalah, Oman. Pretty insane for the middle east, known as the Khareef season.

That is tight. Holy cow! :eek:

Sending you a PM.

As I sit here on the other side of the planet living vicariously through all of these off roading post, Off Road Evolution is turning wrenches on my EVO built rig! Mel just posted this photo on ORE's Facebook wall, I have graciously inherited the old front fenders/quarter armor off EVO1. Hand-me downs off EVO1 are never a bad thing, I am so digging these fenders. I guess the EVO rock skins and sliders are getting mounted next :) Look out JKX 2012

Edit: I can just see the hint of the Stinger I had added to my EVO 1/4 pounder front bumper.

Attachments

• image-1564306015.jpg
    image-1564306015.jpg
    375 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
GCM 2 said:
As I sit here on the other side of the planet living vicariously through all of these off roading post, Off Road Evolution is turning wrenches on my EVO built rig! Mel just posted this photo on ORE's Facebook wall, I have graciously inherited the old front fenders/quarter armor off EVO1. Hand-me downs off EVO1 are never a bad thing, I am so digging these fenders. I guess the EVO rock skins and sliders are getting mounted next :) Look out JKX 2012

Edit: I can just see the hint of the Stinger I had added to my EVO 1/4 pounder front bumper.

I just saw that on Facebook. Those front fenders are gorgeous! Too bad they aren't available like that anymore. I'm yanking off my LoD front stinger bumper to put on the Evo stinger and 1/4 pounder bumper later this month once I get the tire carrier here. A set of those fenders would really finish it off.

Greg your rig is bad ass I can't wait to see it finished! Are you still keeping your tire carrier or you changing it out too? I have to know haha

Top Bottom