JK-Experience 2012

bdmckenna said:
The JK Experience website is back up. Too bad they'll only pick one person from Colorado. I'd love to be on this run with you all.

How do you know they'll only pick a single participant from a state?
I'm still holding out hope they'll pick me for one of the few remaining spots. MTG and I could caravan out. :D

LoPo said:
How do you know they'll only pick a single participant from a state?
I'm still holding out hope they'll pick me for one of the few remaining spots. MTG and I could caravan out. :D

I think only Mel Wade knows the secret to who gets picked. I do know he has picked multiple same state entries on the two JKX's that I have been a part of as a participant, but he really does try to spread the wealth by picking a diverse group. It is getting harder every year, the event is fairly well known now. Just looking at the averages of who knows about the event, the JK Forum is closing in on 70,000 members, this site has over 1,000 members, that's a lot of jeeping bubbas! I do know this as fact, if you meet the requirements you get looked at......being selected is another thing. Good luck brother, I hope you make the cut! :)

I think only Mel Wade knows the secret to who gets picked. I do know he has picked multiple same state entries on the two JKX's that I have been a part of as a participant, but he really does try to spread the wealth by picking a diverse group. It is getting harder every year, the event is fairly well known now. Just looking at the averages of who knows about the event, the JK Forum is closing in on 70,000 members, this site has over 1,000 members, that's a lot of jeeping bubbas! I do know this as fact, if you meet the requirements you get looked at......being selected is another thing. Good luck brother, I hope you make the cut! :)

hehe Thanks. I know my chances are slim. :D The only thing I'm missing is the cage from the requirements, but I'd have that ordered and installed in a heartbeat if selected. It's next on my list anyways. I know MTG is in that same boat. :beer:

Anyone want a couple of ride alongs? My buddy and I would love to be there but my 2011 JKUR is no where near ready. Hopefully someday!

Closing in.....

Just about one month out from the start of the JKX :rock: keep turning those wrenches on the upgrades!

Starting to feel the stress Greg...spending every weekend between now and the day we take off working on the jeep with mods or maintenance! ;)

Frank, I have faith in you my brother! The stress will subside once you are on the road heading out of SoCal for wherever Mel has decided what the starting point shall be. You are going to have a great time :thumb:

Just about one month out from the start of the JKX :rock: keep turning those wrenches on the upgrades!

holy cow, it really is coming up fast isn't it?! :shock:

i swear, i still feel like we just came off of the last one too :crazyeyes:

One day is one day, will never get my JK that side, wonder If I can rent a JK and come with U guys ha ha ha promise not 2 roll it...

holy cow, it really is coming up fast isn't it?! :shock:

i swear, i still feel like we just came off of the last one too :crazyeyes:

I think in the last year both you and Cindy have set the "total adventure mileage" pretty darn high on both of the jeeps. It is understandable that you feel like you have just come off the 2011 JKX, but I need you to sit for a minute.....it's 2012, you have just completed the JKT, you are not in Tahoe anymore ;) Now prepare to enter the "Mel Zone" and the world of unknown daily start and finish points!

I think in the last year both you and Cindy have set the "total adventure mileage" pretty darn high on both of the jeeps. It is understandable that you feel like you have just come off the 2011 JKX, but I need you to sit for a minute.....it's 2012, you have just completed the JKT, you are not in Tahoe anymore ;) Now prepare to enter the "Mel Zone" and the world of unknown daily start and finish points!

:cheesy: at the "Mel Zone"!! can't wait :thumb:

:LOL: at the "Mel Zone"

476325_293454727401950_609637343_o.jpg

It has been announced! The start and finish location of the 2012 JKX is...

Announcement2%20copy[49].jpg

WooHoo! Can't wait! :wings:

Time to start planning our route there! :yup:

bleedbeat said:
:LOL: at the "Mel Zone"

I heard Mel Zone and started hearing the twilight zone music in my head. This is the vision I had.

image-2571179394.jpg

:cheesy:

BTW: I know I suck at photo editing.

Top Bottom