Jeep Renegade Trailhawk Daystar 1.5" Lift & 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros PICS

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Were there any notable changes to the gas mileage you get with the lift and spacers?
I'm averaging 22mpg right now and would love to do something like this but am afraid my gas mileage might suffer a lot....

As mentioned, the lift and spacers won't hurt your MPG but new aggressive tires will.

woof359

flares

does any one make fender flares yet

Attachments

• 22095860_1555013081225005_333640743597871234_o.jpg
    22095860_1555013081225005_333640743597871234_o.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 201

60RD0

Even though we bought Renny, our 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk back in February, we hadn't been able to do to much to it if only because there just hasn't been much of anything available for it. That is of course, not up until now anyway. Fortunately for us, Daystar has embraced the Renegade as a real Jeep just like we have and they've started to develop some well needed products for it including a great 1.5" spacer lift. With this lift, you can effectively run a tire that is about 2" taller than what comes from the factory on a Sport, Latitude or Limited and about a 1" taller or so on a factory Trailhawk. For our purposes, we were able to go from a 215/65R17 Goodyear Wrangler SR-A to a 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro mud terrain tire (with the help of new 16" Chevy HHR Wheels and 1.25" wheel spacers) with just a touch of rubbing of the fender liner at a 3/4 turn of the steering wheel. Anyway, here are some first pics of what our Jeep Renegade Trailhawk now looks like, I hope you enjoy :cool:

First off, this is a shot of what our Renegade looked like right after we brought it home.
main.php

And, this is what it looks like now.
main.php

Here are more pics to get you a better idea of just how much nicer a Jeep Renegade can look with just a little bit of help.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Here are a few shots that will help you to see just how much nicer a Jeep Renegade can look with an aggressive set of tires and a wider stance (thanks to the help of 1.25" wheel spacers). First, here's a before shot.
main.php

And now, here's what our Renegade looks like now.
main.php

main.php

A couple of shots from the back. First, what it used to look like.
main.php

What it looks like now.
main.php

main.php

Here's a shot that will help to show just how much more ground clearance an additional 2" of lift (1.5" lift + 0.5" of extra tire lift) will give you.
main.php

A few more low shots so that you can get a better look at the stance and our new Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires mounted on 16" Chevy HHR steel wheels.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Close up shot of the 16" Chevy HHR Wheel with a 1.25" wheel spacer to help clear the brake caliper and give a nice stance.
main.php

Here's a before shot of what the factory wheels looked like under the front fender of the Renegade Trailhawk.
main.php

And here's what it looks like now.
main.php

Again, this is what the rear looked like from the factory.
main.php

And this is what our Renegade Trailhawk looks like now.
main.php

And finally, here are some snow play shots that we took out on our maiden voyage with the new lift and tires installed.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

We got our Cooper STT Pros from Discount Tire
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/ti...pc|89701&tmn=Discoverer+STT+PRO&typ=Truck/SUV

Eddie, do you know what, if any TPM units fit this rim and can still work with the Rene frequencies?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Attachments

• DE33E428-754A-4372-8A81-A611C2E0309D.jpeg
    DE33E428-754A-4372-8A81-A611C2E0309D.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 0A8B569F-CD63-4BC5-8AD3-F57D68D20926.jpeg
    0A8B569F-CD63-4BC5-8AD3-F57D68D20926.jpeg
    56 KB · Views: 154

Libertyless

Lift or not ?

We wanted to keep the stock wheels too. We went with a 235/65/17

Hi,
I just got myself a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 2017, and i wanted to know if you need to lift it with 235/65/17 tire (BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A® KO2 Tire) ?? I want to keep the stock wheel for now.>

Thanks !

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi,
I just got myself a Jeep Renegade Trailhawk 2017, and i wanted to know if you need to lift it with 235/65/17 tire (BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A® KO2 Tire) ?? I want to keep the stock wheel for now.>

Thanks !

I'm pretty sure there are lots of people who've done this with the stock wheels.

Libertyless

I'm pretty sure there are lots of people who've done this with the stock wheels.

So, i don't need to lift it ? If i refer to this chart under, i have to use spacer.
I'm from Canada, and i drive often on Highway and then on dirt and rocky road with some holes. I'd like to keep it factory as much as possible for now, but i know that the stock tires will not be enough on my road to the Chalet :)

(Chart from Here by Caltom @ jeeprenegadeforum)

View attachment 295633

Last edited:

thebandit007

How much do you air down?

I am going to.purchase Cooper Discoverer STT Pros 225/75/16 for my TH. I am wondering how much you air down when you are offroading?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I am going to.purchase Cooper Discoverer STT Pros 225/75/16 for my TH. I am wondering how much you air down when you are offroading?

Depends on the trail. For the most part, you can get by with pretty much street pressure but if needed, going down to about 15 will give you a bit more traction.

lol_paul

Even though we bought Renny, our 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk back in February, we hadn't been able to do to much to it if only because there just hasn't been much of anything available for it. That is of course, not up until now anyway. Fortunately for us, Daystar has embraced the Renegade as a real Jeep just like we have and they've started to develop some well needed products for it including a great 1.5" spacer lift. With this lift, you can effectively run a tire that is about 2" taller than what comes from the factory on a Sport, Latitude or Limited and about a 1" taller or so on a factory Trailhawk. For our purposes, we were able to go from a 215/65R17 Goodyear Wrangler SR-A to a 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro mud terrain tire (with the help of new 16" Chevy HHR Wheels and 1.25" wheel spacers) with just a touch of rubbing of the fender liner at a 3/4 turn of the steering wheel. Anyway, here are some first pics of what our Jeep Renegade Trailhawk now looks like, I hope you enjoy :cool:

First off, this is a shot of what our Renegade looked like right after we brought it home.
main.php

And, this is what it looks like now.
main.php

Here are more pics to get you a better idea of just how much nicer a Jeep Renegade can look with just a little bit of help.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Here are a few shots that will help you to see just how much nicer a Jeep Renegade can look with an aggressive set of tires and a wider stance (thanks to the help of 1.25" wheel spacers). First, here's a before shot.
main.php

And now, here's what our Renegade looks like now.
main.php

main.php

A couple of shots from the back. First, what it used to look like.
main.php

What it looks like now.
main.php

main.php

Here's a shot that will help to show just how much more ground clearance an additional 2" of lift (1.5" lift + 0.5" of extra tire lift) will give you.
main.php

A few more low shots so that you can get a better look at the stance and our new Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires mounted on 16" Chevy HHR steel wheels.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Close up shot of the 16" Chevy HHR Wheel with a 1.25" wheel spacer to help clear the brake caliper and give a nice stance.
main.php

Here's a before shot of what the factory wheels looked like under the front fender of the Renegade Trailhawk.
main.php

And here's what it looks like now.
main.php

Again, this is what the rear looked like from the factory.
main.php

And this is what our Renegade Trailhawk looks like now.
main.php

And finally, here are some snow play shots that we took out on our maiden voyage with the new lift and tires installed.
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

We got our Cooper STT Pros from Discount Tire
http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/ti...pc|89701&tmn=Discoverer+STT+PRO&typ=Truck/SUV

what did you end up using for a center cap on the wheel hub?

Jastruckin

How much clearance is there between the front tire and its strut perch? is there a pic by any chance? I understand your running a 1.25" spacer and a HHR rim with +42mm offset. I'm buying a 17x8 rim and I'm trying to see what is the minimum size spacer and/or rim offset I need to minimize tire rub. Thanks!!!

Angry Aussie

How much clearance is there between the front tire and its strut perch? is there a pic by any chance? I understand your running a 1.25" spacer and a HHR rim with +42mm offset. I'm buying a 17x8 rim and I'm trying to see what is the minimum size spacer and/or rim offset I need to minimize tire rub. Thanks!!!

Pretty sure they sold the renegade.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Renegade has been gone for quite some time...

Top Bottom