Jabberjaw

CalSgt

Hooked
So I have an ARB fridge wiring kit that I have never used and I’m thinking of adding the plug to the bed of Jabberjaw. Can I run it to one of the four factory Aux lines or should I run it directly to the battery? (Related question, can the factory Aux switches be set to keep running power even with the key/vehicle off?)
Yes, the switches can be configured a few different ways by using the setup menu...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Thanks! I’ll hopefully get that wired up this weekend. Got my stubby antenna (I hate the big factory one) and 110 pigtail installed. Watch Eddie’s write up on the decked and install the 110 before the decked if you can. It’s doable after, but kind of a PITA.

Attachments

• 95FA29DD-BD23-48B0-B83C-1FBA4849BAA1.jpeg
    95FA29DD-BD23-48B0-B83C-1FBA4849BAA1.jpeg
    168.7 KB · Views: 24
  • E3E2615B-BAA7-414C-83FC-D8D336FF163A.jpeg
    E3E2615B-BAA7-414C-83FC-D8D336FF163A.jpeg
    335.4 KB · Views: 24

Robar

The Enforcer
Thanks! I’ll hopefully get that wired up this weekend. Got my stubby antenna (I hate the big factory one) and 110 pigtail installed. Watch Eddie’s write up on the decked and install the 110 before the decked if you can. It’s doable after, but kind of a PITA.
The stubby antenna was my first mod.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Those little hands you have ain’t just good for one thing. 😉

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I ran mine directly to the battery. It was straight forward and if needed, there is always the on-off switch on the fridge.
Are you running the screw in ARB plug? I can’t decide whether to run that or swap it out for a standard 12-volt.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
What can you actually run with the 110 power? Would it power let's say a electric chainsaw, worm drive or a hedge trimmer. I hate pin stripes so a hedge trimmer would kind of cool. Awhile back I saw a Youtube video of a head to head of jeep and something else. They guy in the jeep came to a over grown part of the trail and didn't want to pin stripe his new jeep, so pulled out some hedge trimmers and it wouldn't power it enough.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
What can you actually run with the 110 power? Would it power let's say a electric chainsaw, worm drive or a hedge trimmer. I hate pin stripes so a hedge trimmer would kind of cool. Awhile back I saw a Youtube video of a head to head of jeep and something else. They guy in the jeep came to a over grown part of the trail and didn't want to pin stripe his new jeep, so pulled out some hedge trimmers and it wouldn't power it enough.
I haven’t tested it yet, but I imagine it will run my portable Traeger, charge my Yeti, run a blender or coffee grinder, and charge the batteries for my power tools. Beyond that smaller stuff, I have no idea.

Strainger

Caught the Bug
Are you running the screw in ARB plug? I can’t decide whether to run that or swap it out for a standard 12-volt.
I'm running the screw in ARB plug and leaving enough wiring loose in the bed to double back through the back window in case I want to run something in the cab of the truck. That way a fridge could be used in the truck bed or inside the cab depending on the set up for the trip.

Strainger

Caught the Bug
I haven’t tested it yet, but I imagine it will run my portable Traeger, charge my Yeti, run a blender or coffee grinder, and charge the batteries for my power tools. Beyond that smaller stuff, I have no idea.
Don't forget( unless the new Gladiators have addressed this ) the plug only works with the engine running. That is why I ran the ARB wiring kit to the bed of my truck. When I use a fridge, it stays plugged in and on as long as I have it switched on. Just run the JT for about 10-15 minutes every couple of days to make sure the battery has enough juice to start the engine and get you home.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Don't forget( unless the new Gladiators have addressed this ) the plug only works with the engine running. That is why I ran the ARB wiring kit to the bed of my truck. When I use a fridge, it stays plugged in and on as long as I have it switched on.
This is correct and important to know

Don't forget( unless the new Gladiators have addressed this ) the plug only works with the engine running. That is why I ran the ARB wiring kit to the bed of my truck. When I use a fridge, it stays plugged in and on as long as I have it switched on. Just run the JT for about 10-15 minutes every couple of days to make sure the battery has enough juice to start the engine and get you home.

That’s good to know! Looks like I will run a dedicated power supply for a fridge as well. 👍

Top Bottom