It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby - MoTech 6.2L LS Jeep Motor Swap

13JKUR

It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby!

You will almost have to relearn how to wheel with that much power under your foot 😉 congrats! I'm jealous, I can't wait to see the videos

LoPo

Caught the Bug
That's an AWESOME find at the Junkyard. Dang! Jealous.

Can't wait to see the final result.... I believe you said it's smog legal is that all you need to get it street legal/registered in CA?

TheDuff

Re: It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby!

So you'll need a new exhaust and I'm in need of what you currently have;)
Let me know the price:)
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Are you all going to try the PR80 up front too so you can transfer both D60's to Rubicat? Might as well jump in all the way.

Nah, sticking with the 60 up front but will convert it over to an 8-lug.

Color me jealous...big time. Congrats!!!

Thanks Sharkey :cool:

Awesome. Curious how many mile on Moby now? Seams like you drive it everywhere. I hear nothing but good things about the mo tech LS swaps. If my jeep wasn't brand new this would be the swap for me. Done the HEMI thing in my TJ already. But the underlying star is the Chevy transmission.

Moby has over 115,000 miles on his odometer.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just out of curiosity, how does the rest of the Jeep (specifically the electronics) play with the new engine? Will you constantly drive around with the entire panel of idiot lights lit up?

Not according to MoTech. When all is said and done, everything should be as good as stock on the dash.

You will almost have to relearn how to wheel with that much power under your foot  congrats! I'm jealous, I can't wait to see the videos

Oh yeah, you can say that again. :crazyeyes:

That's an AWESOME find at the Junkyard. Dang! Jealous.

Can't wait to see the final result.... I believe you said it's smog legal is that all you need to get it street legal/registered in CA?

Yes, it has to be smog legal in order to be registered in CA. You can still get hit up with fix-it tickets after the fact though.

RockIt Man

How the heck did I quote myself? Lol.

And before I even said it!

Stupid smart phone smarter than me...

Congrats WOL. Looking forward to following the rebuild.

10frank9

Web Wheeler

Damn I'm way late to the game, but AWESOME! I can't wait to see it done. I do recall having a conversation not to long ago with Cindy about dropping a V8 in Moby. Hmmmmmm Eddie I'm no Detective ;) but you may want to take a good look at Moby's current setup. I'm thinking it was SABATOGE. Hahahaha. What a great way to force an engine upgrade. 👌👍

ghostjk

I hope you can give us details on the swap. What hick-ups you may run into, and hidden costs. A parts list would be awesome but very lengthy and time consuming I'm sure. Just interested in what all will be needed to make the motor swap happen. Cost not including labor. I'm very interested in taking my jeep this way when the 3.8 gives up on me

Sharkey

Word Ninja

Yes, it has to be smog legal in order to be registered in CA. You can still get hit up with fix-it tickets after the fact though.

So does the fix it ticket say you have to get a GM body for the motor, or a Mopar motor for the body? :cheesy:

gtony12

Caught the Bug
Re: It's Time to SUPERSIZE Moby!

I am way way late to the game. Wow, that is so awesome! congratulations I am looking so forward to the build and seeing the final out come. Congrats again and lobby deserves it!:thumbup::)

Sent from my EVO using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom