It's a pussy move to pretend other forums don't exist

Cormac828

Exhibit # 4792 of the continued pussyfication of people these days. :crazyeyes:

True. Although I do think it's also a bit of a pussy move to pretend other forums don't exist. Different people, different perspectives, different information.

I could care less/ I understand the business side of things I suppose but believe it does more to tarnish this forums rep than anything. I'm not afraid really to mention or bring to light to my competitors because I also know where my product stands.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
True. Although I do think it's also a bit of a pussy move to pretend other forums don't exist. Different people, different perspectives, different information.

Since you seem to have missed it, nobody was suggesting that other forums don't exist, just that if you have something to say - just say it as opposed to being lazy and posting up a link to another forum. It was a request out of respect for me providing this forum to guys like you so that you can benefit from the information here and make all 10 of your posts for free.

I could care less/ I understand the business side of things I suppose but believe it does more to tarnish this forums rep than anything.

And I could care less what you think. Don't like what you see, don't let the door hit you in the ass as you leave. :standing wave:

I'm not afraid really to mention or bring to light to my competitors because I also know where my product stands.

:cheesy: Oh yeah, you got me - I'm quaking with fear because I don't know where my product stands. :cheesy:

Hey pal, here's a list of competing forums that I would recommend you spend more of your time on:

www.JK-Forum.com (this is my old forum that I sold)
www.JKowners.com (you find some real love for me here)
www.JKfreaks.com (this is of course the forum that the OP had posted up)

Of course, if you like corporate forums better:
www.Jeepforum.com (one of the biggest out there)
www.wranglerforum.com (another big one)
www.pirate4x4.com (another big one with all kinds of quality people on it)

Happy New Year :cool:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

I could care less/ I understand the business side of things I suppose but believe it does more to tarnish this forums rep than anything. I'm not afraid really to mention or bring to light to my competitors because I also know where my product stands.

Welcome to WOL! You drank the creek water didn't you?

AcB-jk

Stop acting like a little kid. So what if Eddie called you out on something. It's in the rules; don't be ignorant. He asked out of respect. People need to grow up. And yeah other forums are out there but the community and info on WOL there is no comparison between the two. I had a question and asked Eddie personally and he replied in a timely manner and was very down to earth. Nothing but respect for everything him and Cindy do. Rock on WOL can't want to see 2014 jk-experience

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
why is it such a big deal for people to get their account deleted? I mean if you have ZERO interest in coming back why would you care? and for the ones that dont like it here, why do they feel the need to make sure to let everyone know on the way out? are they expecting us to beg them to say? I just have sooo many questions...

Because they want to run around telling everyone they were banned.

GCM 2

So this "delete me, I quit, you suck, I'll kill your dog, I'm gonna find your house, other forums are better, I understand you're the owner but....." Thread sucks!

You want a classic, ban me I'm never coming back thread, well Jerry McGeorge had to be one of my favorites. And again, for the record this "ban me" thread has no soul, no umph, zero motivation, it just plain sucks. I defer you to sok66......

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...ick-and-I-Have-PROUDLY-BEEN-SELF-Banned-Again

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So this "delete me, I quit, you suck, I'll kill your dog, I'm gonna find your house, other forums are better, I understand you're the owner but....." Thread sucks!

You want a classic, ban me I'm never coming back thread, well Jerry McGeorge had to be one of my favorites. And again, for the record this "ban me" thread has no soul, no umph, zero motivation, it just plain sucks. I defer you to sok66......

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...d-I-Have-PROUDLY-BEEN-SELF-Banned-Again/page8

:cheesy: Jerry McGeorge has to rank up there as being one of my all time favorites for sure!! He was the very first person I have ever known to ban himself :cheesy:

Hack12

:cheesy: Jerry McGeorge has to rank up there as being one of my all time favorites for sure!! He was the very first person I have ever known to ban himself :cheesy:

Wow, best read ever! The ending was the absolute best part!

#EpicConfession.

K.D.C.H

Different people, different perspectives, different information.

I'm still just a newbie but let's face it, if I cared to hear those other people's different perspectives or different information then I'd be on those forums, instead I'm here on WAL

How does this tarnish WAL? All Eddie did was ask the guy to follow the rules that the OP agreed to when he first signed up.

I say good riddance to the guy, if he can't even follow the simple rules of the forum then I'd hate to have to run into him on the trail.

tuna

Welcome to the most open age of technology there has ever been, where you can search all of the community forums all at once thanks to an engine like google, but instead of allowing yourself to be truly free in your search for information or engaging in any community of people, why not ban yourself from them instead?

Let me just list the benefits:

Armydog

"I'm still just a newbie but let's face it, if I cared to hear those other people's different perspectives or different information then I'd be on those forums, instead I'm here on WAL". True dat! Still here....

Cormac828

Since you seem to have missed it, nobody was suggesting that other forums don't exist, just that if you have something to say - just say it as opposed to being lazy and posting up a link to another forum. It was a request out of respect for me providing this forum to guys like you so that you can benefit from the information here and make all 10 of your posts for free.

And I could care less what you think. Don't like what you see, don't let the door hit you in the ass as you leave. :standing wave:

:cheesy: Oh yeah, you got me - I'm quaking with fear because I don't know where my product stands. :cheesy:

Hey pal, here's a list of competing forums that I would recommend you spend more of your time on:

www.JK-Forum.com (this is my old forum that I sold)
www.JKowners.com (you find some real love for me here)
www.JKfreaks.com (this is of course the forum that the OP had posted up)

Of course, if you like corporate forums better:
www.Jeepforum.com (one of the biggest out there)
www.wranglerforum.com (another big one)
www.pirate4x4.com (another big one with all kinds of quality people on it)

Happy New Year :cool:

I wasn't saying your response to him was out of line.

I also didn't say I was going anywhere. Don't get so butt hurt when people have different opinions!

I know all of the forums because Like anyone not brainwashed- I compare opinions everywhere. Also for shopping for used parts and selling used parts it works well. Lots of good communities out there.

I am interested in learning more, and wheeling more. I don't think anything I said was negative or disrespectful, but of course you come back at me like an 8yo in an argument.

Cormac828

I Am not on the guys side who banned himself- that doesn't make sense.

I also am not against Eddie reprimanding people like he did. It's your site- do what you please! I just think by doing so, it makes your brand look weak(which at this time- let's be honest it is)

What do I know though!??

Cormac828

Delete me from the site - I won't be posting anymore anyway

:yup:
"About Cormac828

Off-Road Vehicle:2012 jk
Favorite Trail:Rausch creek is the best I have done"

Sorry I live on the east coast. I've owned 6 jeeps and loved each one of them.

Are you saying I am not cool because I only go to rausch? (Paragon before it closed)

Please explain. I just got the '12 a year ago and have been building it myself since, as I can afford it.

And I'm getting flamed buy a guy that drives a Nissan what a joke

(Unless of course you are referring to creek water reference I just saw over yours? There is a fight here I don't know about I believe, and am not involved in unless there is an east coast vs west coast wheeling war )

But what happened to me is a perfect example of a non welcoming community. I simply posted a devils advocate, which I always do- and paraphrasing said that I understand why the rule is there but think it would be better as a whole for the site to be more open"

I'm not trying to offend you or take shots at you- just thought everyone helped to improve some community based forums.

May be moving to the west coast and then maybe I'll be cool enough to wheel with you guys haha :)

Last edited:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Sorry I live on the east coast. I've owned 6 jeeps and loved each one of them.

Are you saying I am not cool because I only go to rausch? (Paragon before it closed)

Please explain. I just got the '12 a year ago and have been building it myself since, as I can afford it.

And I'm getting flamed buy a guy that drives a Nissan what a joke

Something in the water makes you east coast guys dipshits is what he's saying.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wasn't saying your response to him was out of line.

No, you just said you think it was "a bit of a pussy move to pretend other forums don't exist."

I also didn't say I was going anywhere.

Never said you did. I just suggested that you go elsewhere :yup:

Don't get so butt hurt when people have different opinions!

Don't get so butt hurt just because nobody here agrees with you!

I know all of the forums because Like anyone not brainwashed

Say it isn't so - you know how to use Google too?? :shock:

I compare opinions everywhere.

Apparently you like to self-righteously preach everywhere too :crazyeyes:

Also for shopping for used parts and selling used parts it works well.

Well, I think we all got the part about you being self-righteous but apparently, you're also a self-serving user as well.

Lots of good communities out there.

So do everyone a favor and spend more of your time on them :yup:

I am interested in learning more, and wheeling more.

Well, as you said, there are a lot of good communities out there to learn from. As far as wheeling goes - have fun at Rauch Creek. :yup:

I don't think anything I said was negative or disrespectful...

Of course you didn't. You just said I made a "pussy move" and then went on to say how that "tarnished" the reputation of my forum and then finished your self-righteous rant by telling everyone how awesome you are and unlike you, I was "afraid" of competing links. :cheesy:

...but of course you come back at me like an 8yo in an argument

:cheesy: Funny, I was about to say the same of you. No need to get so butt hurt just because people have different opinions you know.

Top Bottom