In The Shop - Disciple Off Road

GP NOIR

Hooked
Free is better, but I find it ironic that the shitty Patagonia is amazing when it’s free.

“Hey, George! What should I do with this tire? It came out shitty!”

“Put it with the tires that will be sold for cash money. If you come across an amazing tire, throw it in the freebie pile.”

A shitty tire is a shitty tire, free or not.

TheGrendel

Free is better, but I find it ironic that the shitty Patagonia is amazing when it’s free.

“Hey, George! What should I do with this tire? It came out shitty!”

“Put it with the tires that will be sold for cash money. If you come across an amazing tire, throw it in the freebie pile.”

A shitty tire is a shitty tire, free or not.
for these internet personalities, it's not just about the Milestar tires. it's showing how they can positively promote a product so more companies will pay them and give them free stuff.

GP NOIR

Hooked
so when you're "paid" with freebies as an influencer, you're gonna trash them?
Define "Trash Them". If you mean posting "I hate them, they're junk, The GP has spoken" then no. I think goods and services should be given an honest evaluation, Good Bad and Ugly, free or not. There are goods and services I think are so bad, I wouldn't bother to mention them.

for these internet personalities, it's not just about the Milestar tires. it's showing how they can positively promote a product so more companies will pay them and give them free stuff.
Yes, I know. As for myself, I have a hard time promoting something I don't like or believe in. I know there are influencers promoting goods and services that have flaws I think should be addressed. I know this because I use some of those goods and services. I know the only reason some folks use certain products and services is because they're sponsored by the the companies providing those goods and services.

Don't take any of this seriously. It just happens that turning the discussion about Patagonias on its head tickles my funny bone.

Ddays

Hooked
Define "Trash Them". If you mean posting "I hate them, they're junk, The GP has spoken" then no. I think goods and services should be given an honest evaluation, Good Bad and Ugly, free or not. There are goods and services I think are so bad, I wouldn't bother to mention them.

I think Influencers are exactly that - they're paid monetarily or with product in turn for receiving favorable reviews.
From the interwebs:

An influencer is someone who has:
  • the power to affect the purchasing decisions of others because of his or her authority, knowledge, position, or relationship with his or her audience.
  • a following in a distinct niche, with whom he or she actively engages. The size of the following depends on the size of his/her topic of the niche.
It is important to note that these individuals are not merely marketing tools, but rather social relationship assets with which brands can collaborate to achieve their marketing objectives.

The word "objective" does not appear in that description.

Bierpower

Hooked
I think Influencers are exactly that - they're paid monetarily or with product in turn for receiving favorable reviews.
From the interwebs:

An influencer is someone who has:
  • the power to affect the purchasing decisions of others because of his or her authority, knowledge, position, or relationship with his or her audience.
  • a following in a distinct niche, with whom he or she actively engages. The size of the following depends on the size of his/her topic of the niche.
It is important to note that these individuals are not merely marketing tools, but rather social relationship assets with which brands can collaborate to achieve their marketing objectives.

The word "objective" does not appear in that description.
It's right there 😂🤣😂.

But I 100% agree with your point.

Definitely shouldn’t look like this. This is an EATON E-Locker in a JK D30. He didn’t even realize this until installing new diff covers.

22ADDB9F-6FB6-4F09-8F01-94B6D2F94BE9.jpeg

Not sure yet on the order in which failures occurred but believe it started with the stator tabs ripping off which threw them into the gears and all hell broke loose from there. Some pics as we broke it down.

786295CE-BE1F-42F4-9747-01F4B8F65082.jpeg

E5E3347D-A58B-4CE8-9C1D-396882ADD020.jpeg
F6314F81-AB1D-4812-A041-0E634FFFFDA2.jpeg
1F32CF86-DC48-4090-9E8A-369640ACD985.jpeg
0A0C325E-55EF-4437-B974-4E9F04E23A4B.jpeg

Definitely shouldn’t look like this. This is an EATON E-Locker in a JK D30. He didn’t even realize this until installing new diff covers.

View attachment 394361

Not sure yet on the order in which failures occurred but believe it started with the stator tabs ripping off which threw them into the gears and all hell broke loose from there. Some pics as we broke it down.

View attachment 394362

View attachment 394363
View attachment 394364
View attachment 394365
View attachment 394366

Nice. Carnage.

Jsouder53

Hooked

View attachment 394361

View attachment 394362

View attachment 394363
View attachment 394364
View attachment 394365
View attachment 394366
Makes me want a locker with 5.13s in my D30

GP NOIR

Hooked

View attachment 394361

View attachment 394362

View attachment 394363
View attachment 394364
View attachment 394365
View attachment 394366
Blessed Bovine of Divinity! That IS a train wreck!

Top Bottom