Improve the sound and renew plastics

TheSaw

I just got back into a 2015 jku and would like to improve the overall music quality with top on and off. Would like to know your opinions on what's the best route to take.

Also this jeep was neglected, I've swapped it to synthetic, installed CAI, and new exhaust. I would like to bring back the faded plastics on the exterior. Any ideas?

JimLee

Hooked
I just got back into a 2015 jku and would like to improve the overall music quality with top on and off. Would like to know your opinions on what's the best route to take.

Also this jeep was neglected, I've swapped it to synthetic, installed CAI, and new exhaust. I would like to bring back the faded plastics on the exterior. Any ideas?
I like this stuff for black plastics. Little goes a long way and it's supposed to dry matte color, if it's shiny you are using too much or not wiping it down enough after applying.
611ZoewhCRL._AC_SS450_.jpg

Propane torch for the plastics, google it,
fresh fluids for all of the components not just oil,
Trans, coolant, diffs, inspect brake and steering fluid.
stereo depends on budget but at minimum you’ll want a good pair of component speakers, a matching set for rear, and a 4 channel amp, 5 if you want a sub.

and cold air intakes suck it’s not a car.
👋

jesse3638

Hooked
This is what I got to restore my black trim parts. I still haven't used it yet bit it had really good reviews and was on sale.
solution-finish-black-plastic-vinyl-restorer-12-oz-21.jpeg

As for sound. I'm in the same boat and was looking for a new head unit and replacement speakers. Let me know what you come up with.

BaddestCross

With as much water and mud we have over here, you may want to rethink the intake unless your a fire road guy (nothing wrong with that). The stock air box is designed to protect the engine from water intake and an IAC does the opposite.

bmkrinne

I just talked to guy a few days ago who almost hydro-locked his 2012 JK after going through a big puddle. He’s got a CAI and sucked in water. He said they had to pull a bunch of shit apart and drain water. His engine sounds like a pinball machine now.
disclaimer- he did NOT have inner fenders!

jeeeep

Hooked
I used Eastwood Plastic Resurfacer matte black, it's been holding up great over the last several years, no reapplication or other treatments

I used 3 cans but also sprayed the inner fenders

Top Bottom