I6 Tornado the Replacement for HEMI??

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So, I've been meaning to post this up since I first read about it last year but got a little busy and forgot about it or at least, until now. Anyway, for those of you who've been living in a bubble, EVERY automaker in the good ol' US of A is scrambling ahead of 2025 when emissions standards and requirements are going to change everything - BIG TIME! Needless to say, automakers like Stellantis will be forced to change with them and among those changes will be things like options for something like a 5.7L HEMI. In spite of the love so many have for a V8, the Feds will be making it so that we will no longer be able to have them under the hood or at least, in an affordable package. And, while electric may not replace every combustion engine in the line up, what we might get instead of a V8, is an I6 motor called the Tornado. You can read more about it here.

With that said, I'd love to know what you think about all this? Will a good ol' tried and true 4.0L do it for you? Will it be a good enough replacement for a 5.7L HEMI? Inquiring minds want to know.

JT@623

Hooked
The turbocharged version could be interesting especially when the tuners figure out how to unlock it.

onlyone

I welcome the new Turbo but we bought this for the wife to keep around a while. Sure is nice to hear that Hemi. Much better than the rainbow farts the wife’s Subaru was spewing. The sad thing is the i6 turbo will probably eat this Hemi for lunch. But it won’t sound like it. All in all I think the 6 will be a good thing. We never had the 5.7 in the wranglers/gladiator so we never knew what we missed. That said, if they offered it for one last year, I would trade the diesel in a heartbeat. Not because it’s better, just because. D83552F6-57C1-46FE-ABC2-41620C39532C.jpeg

AZVAJKU

Hooked
So, I've been meaning to post this up since I first read about it last year but got a little busy and forgot about it or at least, until now. Anyway, for those of you who've been living in a bubble, EVERY automaker in the good ol' US of A is scrambling ahead of 2025 when emissions standards and requirements are going to change everything - BIG TIME! Needless to say, automakers like Stellantis will be forced to change with them and among those changes will be things like options for something like a 5.7L HEMI. In spite of the love so many have for a V8, the Feds will be making it so that we will no longer be able to have them under the hood or at least, in an affordable package. And, while electric may not replace every combustion engine in the line up, what we might get instead of a V8, is an I6 motor called the Tornado. You can read more about it here.

With that said, I'd love to know what you think about all this? Will a good ol' tried and true 4.0L do it for you? Will it be a good enough replacement for a 5.7L HEMI? Inquiring minds want to know.

How about we vote all those suck ass politicians out and get some that are not so tyrannical so we can let the Free Market decide what motors we want?

Yeah I know, little chance of that happening.

With the new 8 and 10 speed transmissions a torquey inline 6 would not be bad.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So what I’m hearing is v8 swap the JT before 2025.
Crate motors will still be around or at least, for a while but V8's from the factory will get phased out in the very new future. In fact, gas motors as a whole will be going soon too. I know that companies like Hyundai has already eliminated their gas engine design team and will only focus on electric from here on out.

Lperdue

Crate motors will still be around or at least, for a while but V8's from the factory will get phased out in the very new future. In fact, gas motors as a whole will be going soon too. I know that companies like Hyundai has already eliminated their gas engine design team and will only focus on electric from here on out.
I hope crate engine will stick around. I’m just worried about possible changes to smog laws concerning engine swaps and modifications.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I hope crate engine will stick around. I’m just worried about possible changes to smog laws concerning engine swaps and modifications.
Well, it's been a very real concern for people who live in California and for quite some time now. Down in Clark County, it can be somewhat of a concern as well and it is for this reason why we live in Carson City. NO smog laws here. :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Which is why I kept the JT registered in Ohio 🤣
LOL - I should note that there are parts of Clark County that are considered to be "rural" and exempt as well. While I would never underestimate the feds, I think that smog laws will be a state by state or county by county thing for some time to come. Or, at least I hope so.

California won’t force you to get rid of your gas powered vehicles but it will make it very difficult and expensive to keep them. They’ll have even stiffer taxes on gas, employ a penalty tax for owning it or by requiring very strict smog test standards that keep you from renewing the registration. They’re doing the same thing with guns. You can have them but we’re going to make it very difficult to get parts or ammo. Sons of bitches.

Last edited:

jesse3638

Hooked
California won’t force you to get rid of your gas powered vehicles but it will make it very difficult and expensive to keep them. They’ll have even stiffer taxes on gas, employ a penalty tax for owning it or by requiring very strict smog test standards that keep you from renewing the registration. They’re doing the same thing with guns. You can have them but we’re going to make it very difficult to get parts or ammo. Sons of bitches.
All the reason to cash in on my house amd GTFO out of this godforsaken state.

Well, it's been a very real concern for people who live in California and for quite some time now. Down in Clark County, it can be somewhat of a concern as well and it is for this reason why we live in Carson City. NO smog laws here. :)
MOVE TO NEVADA. STOP. MOVE TO NEVADA. FULL STOP.

Top Bottom