Hot Springs ORV Park April 8-10

Eezybreezy08

Well bambam. It's kinda looking like its gonna be your family and mine. Maybe some people will be able to make it. We still have a week. But if it's only the few of us it will still be fun. It's a great park and there is plenty of trails to ride that we probably won't be able to ride them all in one day. But I hope some more folks can make it. I hate it for the fellas that can't. Maybe next time for yall

BamBamDeer

Well bambam. It's kinda looking like its gonna be your family and mine. Maybe some people will be able to make it. We still have a week. But if it's only the few of us it will still be fun. It's a great park and there is plenty of trails to ride that we probably won't be able to ride them all in one day. But I hope some more folks can make it. I hate it for the fellas that can't. Maybe next time for yall

We are ready rain or shine. I hope a few more can meet us there. I am sure I will be wanting to go back in the future. ....you are on return trips so I am sure this won't be our last trip there.

We will probably have some rain but we are planning for it. I have been wet before. My Family is as excited as I am. I asked my 10yo if she would be ok if it rained. She is hoping for rain....lol.

Eezybreezy08

I'm expecting the rain to. That's what the wife and I have been talking about at least. We slept through a monsoon last year. I just hope we don't have that type of weather. One good thing about us getting there on Friday is that we have all day Saturday to ride. But definitely prepare for rain. I have another friend that might be coming with us to. I probably won't find out till a little bit later though. My kids did good last year in the weather. I just hope it is nice enough for my baby boy to get out in it. He loves being outside. So I think he is going to have a blast with this trip. We still have a lot of stuff to prepare for this week and I will finish up with everything on Tuesday morning when I get off for the rest of the week. So I'm extremely excited cause it's a mini vacation for me ha

BamBamDeer

We will be ok. I don't think it will rain all day Sat. Thunderstorms are predicted Sunday but I think Friday is clear. A little rain will make it a little more interesting.

I keep finding more things I need....or my Wife says we need. I usually pack with a bedroll, tarp, paracord, hammock and I am good for whatever. The Wife....not so much. My idea of camping and hers are miles apart.....lol. So....we will have a few Creature Comforts.

I will be able to roll out about 2:30. We are picking my Daughter up from School and leaving from there. We should be at the park by 6 anyway....I hope. That gives us a couple of hours of daylight to set up.

Eezybreezy08

I know what you are talking about when it comes to what the wife wants and what we can deal with. I have a queen size air mattress with a down fill blanket for her. Plus the baby will sleep in between us. I might even get another air mattress for our little girl. And I am going to soak that tent in camp dry ha. I'm not messing around with the water proofing ha.
We are checking our kids out of school at 1130. That's when they go to lunch and half of their day will be over so they won't be missing nothing really ha. So we should get there around 3 or so. As long as baby don't give us any fits with the ride there ha.
As far as food goes, I think we are going to bring some good ole Memphis bbque to eat on Friday night and then we will keep Saturday simple by cooking some hot dogs. But we are still trying to figure out a few more of the details food wise. Always some trail mix to ha

BamBamDeer

I am making some Jerky to go. My 10yo has perfect attendance this year and has worked so hard for it. She has to go until 2:30 to be counted all day so that's when we are leaving. We will probably eat on the way down.....nice Chinese Place in Mena. Then we are bringing bacon and eggs for breakfast and probably some steaks for Sat evening. Hot Dogs and Brats in between.

I will take some food that doesn't need cooking just in case the rain is hard. I don't think it will be that bad. My Wife will probably bake cookies and muffins. I tend to put on weight "roughing it"....lol.

Eezybreezy08

We have been roughing it for the last 2 days cause of some stuff that we have been dealing with, with our baby. But he will be good by then
We would t take our kids out of school any other day except for Friday. Our kids loose their mind if they miss a day of school. Especially our little girl.
One more week is what we have to look forward to so we are looking forward to it

BamBamDeer

I am sure your young'un will be ready to roll. I know what you are saying about school....it is a Social Network for both my girls. It is good they enjoy it though. ..they tend to do better that way.

If it wasn't for her attempt at perfect attendance we would leave earlier. It won't take long to set up camp though....maybe get a pot of coffee going. If my Wife has her way I will have to rent a UHaul to carry everything. I am making a list....and that's it. I am laying down the law. As you probably guessed she is asleep so I can be really brave now...lol.

Eezybreezy08

My wife dosent raise to much cane about what we take just as long as we having everything that makes since to bring. She honestly not to crazy needed with a lot of stuff. Her main thing is making sure we bring good food. And that works for me to
Also we are bring her jeep so she is going to drive to on some of the easy trails. We will just have to get her used to riding. She had to take motion sickness pills. Otherwise she will be ready to throw up and head spinning. And you know how that old saying goes, if momma is happy everyone is happy. If momma ain't, well then I'm just screwed so I want her well

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
If my Wife has her way I will have to rent a UHaul to carry everything.

My wife gets bored with me every time we go to Academy, Bass Pro, or Cabelas, or any other store that has camping stuff. I'm always lookin at stuff and got a lot on my list that I want to buy.

Need to buy one of these sometime to carry it all...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459523453.806413.jpg

Maybe some day. Lol.

I'm bummed about not being able to go also. Was lookin forward to it.

BamBamDeer

My wife gets bored with me every time we go to Academy, Bass Pro, or Cabelas, or any other store that has camping stuff. I'm always lookin at stuff and got a lot on my list that I want to buy.

Need to buy one of these sometime to carry it all...

View attachment 195619

Maybe some day. Lol.

I'm bummed about not being able to go also. Was lookin forward to it.

That would be handy.

I hate that you can't make it. We will be going back. You might have that trailer by then.....

HogBlock

Few more. The last pic is where the big purple buggie would play.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459528218.037260.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459528218.037260.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 18
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459528252.440287.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459528252.440287.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 18
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459528268.656698.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459528268.656698.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 18
  • ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459528282.011715.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459528282.011715.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 20

HogBlock

I have some more if you want to make it longer!! Just kidding, you guys will have a great time there. But like I said, check out camp site 12 or 13, I get one of those 2 spots every time I go back. The best part about tent camping there is you get to wheel across a creek just to set up camp. We usually build a rock bridge for fun to walk across the creek to go to the bathrooms and stuff.

BamBamDeer

I have some more if you want to make it longer!! Just kidding, you guys will have a great time there. But like I said, check out camp site 12 or 13, I get one of those 2 spots every time I go back. The best part about tent camping there is you get to wheel across a creek just to set up camp. We usually build a rock bridge for fun to walk across the creek to go to the bathrooms and stuff.

I sure appreciate the info. My Family is every bit as anxious as I am. I will go with your advise on the campsite if they are available.

I look forward to wheeling with you there in the future.

Eezybreezy08

My kids love playing in that creek. When it rained on us last time it was pretty filled up. Plus the coons will come out at night trying to eat all your scraps. Hell they have even gotten in my jeep and sat in it. I had prints all over my jeep hahaha.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Well fellas, I got my April schedule, the end of last week & I can't make it. Maybe some other time. Post up some pics of the run!

Clay

Top Bottom