Hot Springs ORV Park April 8-10

Eezybreezy08

I understand completely. And one day Evo sliders are going on mine. Sometimes I try to figure out what is the smartest way as far as the order per necessity that I need to go in on buying things for my jeep. At least you have some sliders. I'm just praying I don't fall off on some big bolder and tear things up. That's why o stick to a little simpler trails and I don't get to complicated. I think as I build I will get a little more aggressive.
And you are exactly right about this forum, I love it. There is so much knowledge here. I've learned a lot from everyone. I've also learned from making my own mistakes. I listen to everyone's opinion but in the end I make the final decision and what works best for my needs. Sometimes I'm still wrong, but that's the good thing about jeeps cause it's a never ending circle of upgrades it seems like ha

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
If it's supposed to be raining, I don't think I will be able to get the wife to go. Specially if we are staying in a tent. [emoji19]

Me, I could care less as long as I'm dry. Lol.

BamBamDeer

If it's supposed to be raining, I don't think I will be able to get the wife to go. Specially if we are staying in a tent. [emoji19]

Me, I could care less as long as I'm dry. Lol.

We can hope it will be dry. We will know a little more as it gets closer. I think this far out it is almost like flipping a coin. I tell my Wife not to sweat the rain...as short as she is she is the last one to get wet....lol

Eezybreezy08

This rain dosent seem like it's ever going to stop. We just got done having tornado siring going off here with more to come from Arkansas. Maybe things will be dry by a month later ha

Eezybreezy08

I love getting my little girl worked up over this stuff. I told her we was going to have tornado tonight, she didn't believe me until her mom was waking her up to get her in the closet. I love picking on her and my wife so much. They stay so fired up at me hahaha

BamBamDeer

It doesn't phase my 10yo....my 17y.o can't stand storms. If there is a cloud she goes into worry mode. My Wife Would just sleep through it. I have seen what they do. I don't take any chances but not overly concerned until it really gets bad.

Stay safe tonight. I think you are getting pretty much the same system we had earlier...but it has probably intensified some. We had strong winds....lightning and it hailed pretty hard for about 20 minutes.

Eezybreezy08

Our stuff never really gets just to terribly bad here. The river breaks up a lot when it first comes over. But if the storms stay together and makes it across, that's when we are in trouble.
On another note, I finally got my rear shocks put in and I got to looking at how I'm gonna rerun my wires for my winch. They are in a ok position right now, but I want to get them where I can secure them a little better. I finally took a picture of our jeeps and that why I have a new pic in that circle thing, whatever it's called where the smiley face used to be ha.

BamBamDeer

Pic looks Great! I know you are happy to have your winch. I am ready for one too. Saving up for the right one is tough.

A friend of mine wants a bow I have. He has a winch new in the box at his shop. It was his Uncles...he passed before they ever hooked it up to his Bronco. He doesn't remember what brand but is going to look. His Uncle passed over 2 yrs ago. He has offered to trade several times but I told him to bring it to let me see it. It would be nice if it is a Warn...I would have to give him some boot....wouldn't feel right about it. I only have 100 in the bow. I will see what he has sometime this week.

With the shock install I guess you are inching along at being ready. We will put it all to use soon.

Eezybreezy08

I can't wait. I love that place, plus since I've been working so much, this trip is going to be that much sweeter. You really will have a good time out there. I'm excited to see how the jeep is going to be with the new additions that I've added to it. I would love to get rid of these mtr and get some new toyo or nitto like my wife. I was actually really impressed with the height of my wife's nitto tires. My mtr actually look short compared to hers
Well take your time on a winch. Get what you need. I just went with the m8000 for mine, but I might actually go with a 9000lb for my wife's just cause hers is a 4 dr. I don't know if it makes that big of a difference but I will have it if we ever need it

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
We usually get out and watch the tornados, once they pass, we go chasin. We will be ready to jump in the hidey holes but we try to wait till the last second and watch them. Where we use to live it was down in a hole, so they would go over the top of us. We have watched several from the porch on my parents old house go over our old house, between our old house and my parents old house, or between my parents old house and the neighbors house. They were never on the ground but some would still do some damage to the trees and things. Ill have to see if I can get pics off of my old phone.

I dont know if there is any truth behind it but this was all while we lived in Pawnee, OK and the local indians said that Pawnee would never be hit by a tornado. As far as I know they are correct.

BamBamDeer

We usually get out and watch the tornados, once they pass, we go chasin. We will be ready to jump in the hidey holes but we try to wait till the last second and watch them. Where we use to live it was down in a hole, so they would go over the top of us. We have watched several from the porch on my parents old house go over our old house, between our old house and my parents old house, or between my parents old house and the neighbors house. They were never on the ground but some would still do some damage to the trees and things. Ill have to see if I can get pics off of my old phone.

I dont know if there is any truth behind it but this was all while we lived in Pawnee, OK and the local indians said that Pawnee would never be hit by a tornado. As far as I know they are correct.

I think there is something to it. I don't know if it's hills...valleys....pressure or what but the area I live in has never been hit...in recorded history anyway. Gans...4 miles away was demolished about 50 yrs ago. Okay, Ok seems like a magnet. You can almost count on them getting hit.

BamBamDeer

AccuWeather is now predicting Sunny Friday the 8th.....Partly Sunny the 9th and rain late Sun...lol. I guess we will probably know for sure...about April 8th. Predictions that far out are a long shot but it will give us an idea and be more accurate the closer we get......I hope.

Eezybreezy08

AccuWeather is now predicting Sunny Friday the 8th.....Partly Sunny the 9th and rain late Sun...lol. I guess we will probably know for sure...about April 8th. Predictions that far out are a long shot but it will give us an idea and be more accurate the closer we get......I hope.

I think we will be fine. I finally got some nice weather here now that all the rain is gone. We've spent the last 2 days outside with the kids having a good time. Baskin robins ice cream breaks the bank when you got 4 kids to pay for ha
I also got my wires to my winch fixed up good, tie down by zip ties where I don't have to worry much about it them. Hopefully I can get my c gussets welded on this weekend or the next. And then I will be ready, except for waterproofing tents

BamBamDeer

I think we will be fine. I finally got some nice weather here now that all the rain is gone. We've spent the last 2 days outside with the kids having a good time. Baskin robins ice cream breaks the bank when you got 4 kids to pay for ha
I also got my wires to my winch fixed up good, tie down by zip ties where I don't have to worry much about it them. Hopefully I can get my c gussets welded on this weekend or the next. And then I will be ready, except for waterproofing tents

Glad to hear everything is coming together. Beautiful weather here. I burned off a spot for my Garden and burned a little more than I intended...lol. Once I got going we figured might as well do as much as possible. A 15 minute ordeal turned into 4 hrs but I had help today and it was nice. Less I have to do in the future.

That's Great on your Winch. My Buddy got back to me on his Winch. It's a Traveller...I think Tractor Supply sells them. I am going to pass and let him pay the bow out. I will hold out for a Warn. Until then...I have a good Come Along and a Wife....

I hope for good weather but if it is pouring....I will have fun anyway. You can only get so wet.....lol. I will carry a bar of soap in my pocket and won't have to take a shower later.

You have me craving ice cream now. We don't have a Baskin Robbins close but we do have Braums. I think I will put some German Chocolate on the Wife's shopping list....

I am going to try to have some things done. I have been looking at some 35s but will probably do them this summer. A new front Bumper and Winch is on the to do soon list. Every time I think about it I find more I want to do. Like a kid in a candy store. ...lol

As it gets closer we will know more about the weather. I was informed today we are not taking our big tent. Wife says it is too much trouble. ...too heavy for only a couple of days. It's a Canvas Wall Tent. I put it up during Deer Season but have 5 or 7 guys help. We are going to use a backpack style tent. If it's bad....we will use the Rig. I usually carry enough stuff to be good in any condition. My oldest daughter may have to work so it will probably be myself,Wife and 10yo. My 17y.o is disappointed but there will be other runs.

Eezybreezy08

I just have a cheap 8 person tent from dicks that I am going to spray the hell out of with silicon.
That list of things to get for jeeps never ends. I can't wait till I'm somewhat close to the finish line haha
And you are right about you can only get so wet. I also hope it wouldn't be any worse than the last time I was there. Sucks for your daughter. We will definitely have all the kids with us

BamBamDeer

I checked the AccuWeather Forcast...they are predicting rain. I have been wet before....lol....just going to have to plan for it.

BamBamDeer

Just checked the AccuWeather Forcast. They are now not calling for rain until Sunday of our trip. We are preparing for rain but I hope we have some clear wheeling days. As it gets closer the forcast should be a little more accurate.

I got my CB. I went with the Midland Portable and got me a Magnetic Mount Antenna. I stick the antenna on the passenger side hood. It sticks up over a foot above my hard top. I have a very large magnet and the antenna will flex before it will come loose. I run the coax through the passenger side door and under the floor mat. I have been trying it out and it seems to work just fine. Not much distance with the walkie antenna....probably 1/2 mile but the Magnetic Mount seems to work as well as any CB I have used.

Top Bottom