Hinrichs build

Hardware for the shock brackets showed up today.

Also I am the reason instructions will now come with the kits :thumb:

Well after talking with Eddie for a little bit today, I think I am going to get serious about looking for a JKU. While I do love my 2 door, I think its time to upgrade. Id like to be able to take more friends along and have a better daily driver since the BMW is turning into more a "weekend only" fair weather driver since it only has 2 seats..caged and all that fun.

So the real decision would be....

Do I try and trade it in... It would be with bushwacker flats, stock front and rear bumpers, new rear corner skins so I can keep my carrier and loose quite a few holes in the body. I would leave the lift since I dont want to put that all back to stock anymore, maybe keep the skid system and cage.

Or do I try and sell it privately and just keep my wheels and tires and pick up a set used.

I will prolly get another white jeep as well so I can run the front half doors and order oem rears new. Thats one thing I wouldnt be able to give up. A big choice will be auto vs manual as well.

If I could snag a hardrock rubicon I would like to, cuz then I can just sell the bumpers and sliders right off the get go to recoup a little money and have the cool hood.

Build plan would be;

Evo 1/4 pounder and stinger
Evo carrier and skins
Sliders again.
Bolt On Coilovers (not sure on the full kit with arms, or just go long arm and be done)

Last edited:
Well after talking with Eddie for a little bit today, I think I am going to get serious about looking for a JKU. While I do love my 2 door, I think its time to upgrade. Id like to be able to take more friends along and have a better daily driver since the BMW is turning into more a "weekend only" fair weather driver since it only has 2 seats..caged and all that fun.

So the real decision would be....

Do I try and trade it in... It would be with bushwacker flats, stock front and rear bumpers, new rear corner skins so I can keep my carrier and loose quite a few holes in the body. I would leave the lift since I dont want to put that all back to stock anymore, maybe keep the skid system and cage.

Or do I try and sell it privately and just keep my wheels and tires and pick up a set used.

I will prolly get another white jeep as well so I can run the front half doors and order oem rears new. Thats one thing I wouldnt be able to give up. A big choice will be auto vs manual as well.

Give selling it a try then if you can't get what you want do the trade in. I like the auto since I do a lot of city driving and I like that it's easier offroad. :yup: The mercedes auto transmission is quality it is the one from the early 2000's amg's

Give selling it a try then if you can't get what you want do the trade in. I like the auto since I do a lot of city driving and I like that it's easier offroad. :yup: The mercedes auto transmission is quality it is the one from the early 2000's amg's

I would give selling it privately a try. Youll get much much more for it. Go get it appraised and see what a dealer would give you trade in for it. Then you have your mark to try to sell it for more than that. It couldnt hurrt

What beemer are you running?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1437665949.520760.jpg

It's technically a 94 318is, but it has a 97 M3 motor swap. It's basically setup for track and hillclimb racing. running a sparco bucket for the driver, 6 point harness, passenger is a reclining sparco with 4 point harness. 4 point roll bar, stripped interior of carpet but still running a dash and some trim to make it more civilized. It's fun.

I would give selling it privately a try. Youll get much much more for it. Go get it appraised and see what a dealer would give you trade in for it. Then you have your mark to try to sell it for more than that. It couldnt hurrt

Yeah I'm gonna check out a few dealers soon. Prolly going to have to order the jeep anyway seeing as none local have rubicons and I wanna drive the auto as well, not like it really matters tho since it's totally different on 37s but still. I know I'll get more privately that's for sure. I only have 23500 on the odometer which should help me out.

Looks pretty great! How much power are you getting out of the 97 m3 engine?

I think around 225-250. I need to make a mid pipe to ditch the stock cats and resonators tho which I know will help and get some headers over the winter when I wont be driving it. It does have a tune, 24# injectors and a euro 3.5" high flow maf and I finally made a half decent 3.5" intake with mostly silicone bends so its a smooth flow. Ive been more working on shedding weight than anything recently. Last time I weighed it I was at 2990 with the carpet and a few pieces.

View attachment 155381

It's technically a 94 318is, but it has a 97 M3 motor swap. It's basically setup for track and hillclimb racing. running a sparco bucket for the driver, 6 point harness, passenger is a reclining sparco with 4 point harness. 4 point roll bar, stripped interior of carpet but still running a dash and some trim to make it more civilized. It's fun.

Yeah I'm gonna check out a few dealers soon. Prolly going to have to order the jeep anyway seeing as none local have rubicons and I wanna drive the auto as well, not like it really matters tho since it's totally different on 37s but still. I know I'll get more privately that's for sure. I only have 23500 on the odometer which should help me out.

Just remember if you don't trade it in you will have to pay tax on the whole price of the new one.

This will probably sound dumb, more since they dont have rubis to look at but like I said I would prolly order a new jeep anyway since I would like to have nav this time around. But my grandfathers girlfriends family has a dodge/jeep dealership. Hopefully they can help me out with this switch and give me the best trade in. They are local and were easy to deal with when my dad got his chrysler 200 convertible.

I would like another white jeep, more so to be able to use my half doors without new paint, but Im thinking maybe ill do a color this time around.

This will probably sound dumb, more since they dont have rubis to look at but like I said I would prolly order a new jeep anyway since I would like to have nav this time around. But my grandfathers girlfriends family has a dodge/jeep dealership. Hopefully they can help me out with this switch and give me the best trade in. They are local and were easy to deal with when my dad got his chrysler 200 convertible.

I would like another white jeep, more so to be able to use my half doors without new paint, but Im thinking maybe ill do a color this time around.

That's lucky! You will probably get a better deal on a trade in than anyone else. You could always buy the cheapest jku you can find and do some crazy stuff since you have a second vehicle. Like an LS swap and custom axles! I saw a JKU for 14k on CL so you could have 25-30k for mods over a new rubi! Although if you finance then that idea doesn't work.

GAAAYYYYYYYYY!! well it looks like white is becoming an option again lol

Yeah its dumb, I am sure most people dont get half doors tho. I mean not like I cant just get my set repainted once I order rears, but I could say the $500 or so I spend before and just make life easy. I do love the sunburst orange or whatever it is.

That's lucky! You will probably get a better deal on a trade in than anyone else. You could always buy the cheapest jku you can find and do some crazy stuff since you have a second vehicle. Like an LS swap and custom axles! I saw a JKU for 14k on CL so you could have 25-30k for mods over a new rubi! Although if you finance then that idea doesn't work.

I hope they will work with me. Her son owns the dealership and I was trying to talk about my jeep and he didnt seem interested at all at the time so I dunno if they are mod friendly or not, but I know my jeep would sell fast on their lot with it cleaned up. I mean its ready to go other than it wont have 37s on it which may even scare off some people. I did think about this, and maybe even finding and older jeep, but I wouldnt have the cash needed to do anything wild. Kind of why I started with a rubicon the first time around to save money on axles and all that stuff. I mean I could always sell the bmw and buy bolt ons and prolly be happy with my 2 door, but I dont really want to do that and have only 1 vehicle to rely on.

Most of this will all depend on what I can keep. Since I live alone now, I dont have that spare money to throw at the jeep like I did before, so I would be building with what I have for a while, well minus the lift stuff.

You may be able to find a cheap set of used 35s and throw them on, I'm sure that would bump up the trade in value.

Thought about it, but I dont really want the older auto and higher miles. The 40s are tempting but then Id need new axles since I cant run 1 tons in pa due to the width.

True about the older model. He hasn't swapped axles yet. Still running stock 44s.

Top Bottom