Hinrichs build

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Today was a failure for the most part, spent about and hour or more just on the inner bead of the spare, then couldn't get the wheel out. Loaded everything I needed up and went to my buddy's shop, and got the spare swapped. 10 min to get that one done which was cake for me.

Then onto the rears, air out, rings off, then let's try to break the inner bead. We tired his tire machine which couldn't do it I think due to the tire width, then even tried using the lift arms with a car on the lift and nothing could get the tire to budge so put everything back together and went home.

Hope I can find a shop tomorrow that can handle doing them soon. I'm fine with the mounting it's just getting the tire off that's such a pain right now.

Attachments

• image-4041365300.jpg
    image-4041365300.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 297

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Yeah we did, before the shop I even tired it outer ring on and also off both same results. I guess the walkers don't like to give up an inner bead.

They must be mad at you for replacing them! Did you try the hi lift trick to break the bead?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
They must be mad at you for replacing them! Did you try the hi lift trick to break the bead?

Yeah did that first, it kinda works but the jeep almost fell off 4 times and I also had to jump on it hung over my picnic tables I have lol.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Yeah did that first, it kinda works but the jeep almost fell off 4 times and I also had to jump on it hung over my picnic tables I have lol.

Ttfhell put a hilift on one side and drove over the other side with his truck to get his off. Probably not the safest but it worked. Lol

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Ttfhell put a hilift on one side and drove over the other side with his truck to get his off. Probably not the safest but it worked. Lol

Yeah I tried breaking the bead of my slab with a high lift..... That shit didn't budge but my Jeep was lifted pretty high! Like Overlander said maybe use the ttfhell's this and back another vehicle over other side... Or take it to Americas (discount) tire and have them dismount/ mount. :yup:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I wish we had a local discount, my local 4x4 guy can do it for me, just hope he lets me finish all the wheels. I just enjoy mounting myself and knowing it's done right.

MICP3309

Have done the drive over trick on other tires (for a fire truck) and works.

I just enjoy mounting myself and knowing it's done right.

:cheesy: :cheesy: sorry, couldn't help myself.. This is prolly way funnier to me as I'm hopped up on pain killers after throwing my back out

StrizzyChris

I just enjoy mounting myself and knowing it's done right.

x2! Mounting my 37" Nittos on the slabs was crazy easy. No vibes up to 75mph as of now. Its good to know that it was done right and not by someone who's trying to get it done quit to take a smoke break :yup:

But I do not look forward to the day Ill need to break the bead to replace the tires. The drop center is not very wide, and I have a feeling holding a bead will never be a problem! :rock:

Top Bottom