Hinrichs 2.0

Other than just driving the jeep a lot the last few days and over the weekend, nothing new to report on.

I did get the sliders painted and planned to weld them on sunday, but ended up going to the junk yard instead and it was snowing/hailing when I got home. Plan is to get them welded on tonight.

Find anything good?

Went with a friend to cut some metal for his vw build, and ended up just getting 2 turn signals for the bmw, didnt even venture into the truck/4x4 section since they dont usually have many jeeps other than cherokees. I did get a CJ grill a while back which is garage wall art.

So it was cold last night, had to take the bmw to get blood work done...low parking garage...luckily in the back of the house somehow I dont get much frost on the windows since it doesnt like to heat up fast at all. Jeep was another story lol, it was like a layer of ice on it. I will have to say I am so happy I went auto simply since I can have remote start now. 10 min later it was all gone :clap2:

Edit: also been kind of curious about what my gas mileage is now running the 5.13. I am getting right around 14mpg taking it easy.

Last edited:
Looking good Jim you need to test the flex on that thang

Yeah I have been slacking on that, haven't even tried to flex it yet sadly. I need to trim a little of the rear pinch seam and then I can try it. I think I have some good spots at work that I should be able to crawl up on, or just do the standard forklift test.

Yeah I have been slacking on that, haven't even tried to flex it yet sadly. I need to trim a little of the rear pinch seam and then I can try it. I think I have some good spots at work that I should be able to crawl up on, or just do the standard forklift test.

Looking much better with the sliders!!

Curious though on the trimming. I've only had a chance to test flex on mine with a forklift, and didn't see a need to trim the pinch. Where exactly are you trimming yours? I at least want to keep an eye out once I get out on some trails.

Looking much better with the sliders!!

Curious though on the trimming. I've only had a chance to test flex on mine with a forklift, and didn't see a need to trim the pinch. Where exactly are you trimming yours? I at least want to keep an eye out once I get out on some trails.

I will take some pics tonight, there is one spot that just looks like it will hit, but since I haven't been able to acutally flex it hard I am not sure. I know my 2 door I needed to trim the rear lower corner. I was going off some of the pics Eddie posted as well just to add a little room just incase.

Last edited:
I will take some pics tonight, there is one spot that just looks like it will hit, but since I haven't been able to acutally flex it hard I am not sure. I know my 2 door I needed to trim the rear lower corner. I was going off some of the pics Eddie posted as well just to add a little room just incase.

Got ya, thanks for the heads up on Eddie's remarks too. I'm hoping to get out to the local offroad park this weekend to see the real story. As of right now I'm thinking about taking 1" of material out of the rear block, and welding the top back on. That's the only spot I saw that would be close to rubbing as well.

Here's the only picture I snapped that you can kind of see how close it is. There was about 1" of clearance with the supplied bump stop. Real world, who knows how close it is?
20151017_201822.jpg

Got ya, thanks for the heads up on Eddie's remarks too. I'm hoping to get out to the local offroad park this weekend to see the real story. As of right now I'm thinking about taking 1" of material out of the rear block, and welding the top back on. That's the only spot I saw that would be close to rubbing as well.

Here's the only picture I snapped that you can kind of see how close it is. There was about 1" of clearance with the supplied bump stop. Real world, who knows how close it is?
View attachment 170332

That reminds me I need to get the correct rear bumps as well. I threw on the 2.5/3" ones from the 2 door, and Im sure they are not going to be enough

That reminds me I need to get the correct rear bumps as well. I threw on the 2.5/3" ones from the 2 door, and Im sure they are not going to be enough

I'd try it out 1st. I was no where near coil bind and have probably 2" of fender clearance with the 4" bump. I might order a 3" but will probably just modify the 4". Gonna wait til I get out on some trails, though.

never heard of people bumpstoping in anticipation of sagging body mounts but good luck with that

Well, you don't have to... But after some wheeling and hard flexing it will start to happen. Then, you will start to have all sorts of rub issues. In my case, I was late to realize what was happening and then the last wheeling trip caused my lights that have been mounted to my rear cross member without issue for two years made contact with my tub and tailgate doing damage.

As mentioned. Flexing on a ramp or with a fork truck is vastly different from real world. The frame and body will flex more as the Jeep is used and ages.

Top Bottom