HighwayTrout's build

That’s kind of a bummer that it doesn’t go to the edge. I get a lot of hits right at it and have one now on our 392. Fortunately, it’s not growing.
View attachment 406521
Yes it is a bummer. I get it though, being an at home install thing. My gladiator had a couple edge strikes like that too. And only the ones in the center cracked also. Hope yours stays contained!!

If this doesn’t work or last a year or more. I’ll end up getting a tint shop to install the actual film they cut to the exact size on my next windshield.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes it is a bummer. I get it though, being an at home install thing. My gladiator had a couple edge strikes like that too. And only the ones in the center cracked also. Hope yours stays contained!!

If this doesn’t work or last a year or more. I’ll end up getting a tint shop to install the actual film they cut to the exact size on my next windshield.
Not gonna lie, I’m still tempted to do this.

JAGS

Hooked

Did you buy this direct from the vendor or through a retailer? What’s this about cutting film to actual size? Do they have an option of buying different sheets.

Did you buy this direct from the vendor or through a retailer? What’s this about cutting film to actual size? Do they have an option of buying different sheets.
I bought direct from the Racing Optics website.

As far as cutting to fit. Most tint shops offer some type of protection offerings and wraps along with standard tint jobs. Tons of different options going that route but it is very expensive and it’s a one and done deal. Once it’s scratched you’ll need to replace it rather than peeling one layer at a time like the Racing Optics. All depends what you want out of it and how much you want to spend.

JAGS

Hooked
I bought direct from the Racing Optics website.

As far as cutting to fit. Most tint shops offer some type of protection offerings and wraps along with standard tint jobs. Tons of different options going that route but it is very expensive and it’s a one and done deal. Once it’s scratched you’ll need to replace it rather than peeling one layer at a time like the Racing Optics. All depends what you want out of it and how much you want to spend.
Ah gotcha. I thought racing optics had a custom option.

jeeeep

Hooked
That’s not even a bad one!!
look at this trash.
View attachment 406524
Makes me nauseous every time I see it. Totally my fault.
And yea. Decals should be placed ontop of the protector.
wonder if using a heat gun on the inside of the windshield would've helped in relaxing the film enough to be pressed close into the letters and also dry out the moisture.

Top Bottom