HighwayTrout's build

It’s not ideal and I believe Switch Pros does not recommend installing like this. But it works. 🤙

I may seal all the wires at the plug with silicone for water protection.
6B5FF5C1-1775-4095-89F9-2D6551ACF3A2.jpeg . 819E7CD8-983F-440D-8109-1EC0911521CE.jpeg .

I think I received a JK kit or a generic kit for a side by side. Its the same minus the bracket and it didn’t come with a heavy ground cable or stud. Being that I have a diesel the battery and fuse box is in a different location compared to the gas powered JL/T’s. I was considering mounting it behind the engine, center of the fire wall area but didn’t want to poke new holes. I think it would be a great place for it. So I traced the bracket the Switch Pro came with onto a sheet of paper and made a template. Then started the dance, walking around the engine bay a hundred times flipping, turning and sliding the bracket and trying to keep in mind where the mess of wires will end up.
FF981B77-F643-4B3E-8C0A-6A461E0F3738.jpeg .

Luckily after flipping the bracket and drilling two new holes it ended up not far from where it’s “supposed” to go. Lucked out as the power cable just barely reached and I mean barely. I already had a set of jumper cables on stand by that I was going to cannibalize. 🤣

After getting over the initial fretting of splicing into factory stuff and just committing to it. The install was very straight forward and simple after watching Eddies video on it a dozen or so times.

Now that the hard part is done. Onto the fun stuff and adding accessories.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, that came out great and really, I'd be willing to bet that it won't be much of a problem if at all. Silicon on the wire ends would only help to ensure that. Good job! (y)

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Looking good!! 👍👍

Welp. Have to think of something else. Can’t put the switch pros above the brake booster cause this relay box is in the way.
View attachment 363263 .

Also. Mine didn’t come with the bracket I needed anyway or I didn’t think to order it. FML
View attachment 363264 .
When I bought the kit I received that same bracket. Like others have said it’s a generic bracket. Sadly you have to buy the JT bracket like what’s in Eddie’s videos separate. I’m not a fan of it especially because it adds on to the price but it works... hope they fix it in the future especially the price you pay for the system plus the bracket. 🤷‍♂️

Looking good!! 👍👍

When I bought the kit I received that same bracket. Like others have said it’s a generic bracket. Sadly you have to buy the JT bracket like what’s in Eddie’s videos separate. I’m not a fan of it especially because it adds on to the price but it works... hope they fix it in the future especially the price you pay for the system plus the bracket. 🤷‍♂️

Yep. It also didn’t come with a micro add a circuit. So check your kit before getting started. It sucks having to pause and run to the store for stuff.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Looking good!! 👍👍

I appreciate the feedback on this. I'm gonna contact them about this.
Yep. It also didn’t come with a micro add a circuit. So check your kit before getting started. It sucks having to pause and run to the store for stuff.
Well that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Looking good!! 👍👍

That’s bunk! I’ve only purchased one for my ‘17 JKUR, but I’m glad I read this before ordering for my Gladiator. So did the extra bracket that you had to buy also come with the A-Pillar mount for the switches? The website makes it seem like the mount and bracket are a kit for the JL/Gladiator.

They should sell the main unit with drop down menus for the necessary under hood bracket and in cab mount, depending on the customer needs. It’s not even just about the money…I hate ending up with wasted parts that I cannot use.

Bullwinckle

Hooked
That’s bunk! I’ve only purchased one for my ‘17 JKUR, but I’m glad I read this before ordering for my Gladiator. So did the extra bracket that you had to buy also come with the A-Pillar mount for the switches? The website makes it seem like the mount and bracket are a kit for the JL/Gladiator.

They should sell the main unit with drop down menus for the necessary under hood bracket and in cab mount, depending on the customer needs. It’s not even just about the money…I hate ending up with wasted parts that I cannot use.

Yup it did come with the A-pillar mount. My mistake when posting last night it is for both the JL and the Gladiator. Ether way I agree it would be nice if they had a drop down menu to change the bracket.

WJCO

Meme King
And. Affirm on the diesel
Posting here since your the only one I can think of with the diesel.

I ran into a guy with a gladiator towing a fairly decent size trailer today. Turns out he had the diesel. Truck was level, no sagging and he said the trailer with gear was about 6000 pounds. He did have load leveler bars on the trailer. He said he's towed about 7000 miles or so so far including many mountains and loves it. He had no complaints. 12mpg while towing.

Posting here since your the only one I can think of with the diesel.

I ran into a guy with a gladiator towing a fairly decent size trailer today. Turns out he had the diesel. Truck was level, no sagging and he said the trailer with gear was about 6000 pounds. He did have load leveler bars on the trailer. He said he's towed about 7000 miles or so so far including many mountains and loves it. He had no complaints. 12mpg while towing.

Good to hear! Went and checked out a few small trailers last week actually.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I took the soft top off and put the hard top back on. I doubt I’ll ever put the soft top back on. lol
Maybe with half doors it would look better. Wasn’t a fan of how it folds back but stays up on top.
View attachment 365384 View attachment 365383
I really like the "idea" of the soft top on the Gladiator but yeah, it looks super goofy folded back. I think the only way I would run it is ON, with the windows out or completely OFF.

Top Bottom