HighwayTrout's build

I plan on skipping the backlight feature. I'll likely tie the wires up somewhere and hide them. I just don't see using that feature often and don't want to take up a switch. I thought about tying it into the OEM parking lights, but I can't remember the last time in a decade when I used parking lights. And I have a feeling if I did that the KC lights would blink when I used the turn signal.

Hmm. Turn signal is not a bad idea.

Wayalife CB bar with switch mount and Icom race radio installed.
10618E32-958E-4A41-9361-BDE5B60AA551.jpeg

When it comes time to install the SwitchPros I’ll change it up a bit. I already banged my head into the corner of the radio getting in and out so I’ll slide it back as far as possible.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 363256

When it comes time to install the SwitchPros I’ll change it up a bit. I already banged my head into the corner of the radio getting in and out so I’ll slide it back as far as possible.
Awesome that you got everything installed and yes, it helps a LOT to push the radio as close to the windshield as possible.

Do you walk in and stand on your seat or something? How in the hell do you hit your head?

I jumped in and out a few times afterwards seeing if I keep hitting it or if it a fluke thing. It was a fluke. But I’m still going to put all the way back. lol

I think I hopped in and turned around to deal with the kid or reach for something at the same time and bang.

benatc1

Hooked
View attachment 363256

Looks good, mine is all the way back, I randomly hit my head once too and I'm not sure how I did it either. Regardless, I'm going to mount my CB under he back seat and run a extension for the mic (which has all the controls) into my center console, are you going to add a CB?

Looks good, mine is all the way back, I randomly hit my head once too and I'm not sure how I did it either. Regardless, I'm going to mount my CB under he back seat and run a extension for the mic (which has all the controls) into my center console, are you going to add a CB?

I’m not sure. I have one. It’s a huge Cobra 29 but CB sucks so bad and the lack of space in the pickup. It’s almost not worth the squeeze.

benatc1

Hooked
I’m not sure. I have one. It’s a huge Cobra 29 but CB sucks so bad and the lack of space in the pickup. It’s almost not worth the squeeze.
I hear ya, don't think there is room for a full size with the PCI installed, it would be to much. I would probably pass on it too if I didn't have a small one laying around- I have the Uniden cmx760

Welp. Have to think of something else. Can’t put the switch pros above the brake booster cause this relay box is in the way.
DF41FB5B-E0A5-43D9-8549-3B5BC781BC1C.jpeg .

Also. Mine didn’t come with the bracket I needed anyway or I didn’t think to order it. FML
DDB342EA-A49E-41E2-AD3B-87219A250E05.jpeg .

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Welp. Have to think of something else. Can’t put the switch pros above the brake booster cause this relay box is in the way.
View attachment 363263 .

Also. Mine didn’t come with the bracket I needed anyway or I didn’t think to order it. FML
View attachment 363264 .
Well shit. That looks like a JK bracket. You might be able to make that work or if you get a JL/JT one, I talked to a guy who was able to make it work on his diesel by putting it in the same general location as the 3.6L setup only, he pushed it further forward, toward the grill. He did need to use a longer battery cable but he said it worked out well.

I might give SwtichPros a call and let them know about your problem. Ask for Robert, he's the owner and tell him that I sent you. He should be able to help out too.

Well shit. That looks like a JK bracket. You might be able to make that work or if you get a JL/JT one, I talked to a guy who was able to make it work on his diesel by putting it in the same general location as the 3.6L setup only, he pushed it further forward, toward the grill. He did need to use a longer battery cable but he said it worked out well.

I might give SwtichPros a call and let them know about your problem. Ask for Robert, he's the owner and tell him that I sent you. He should be able to help out too.

Awesome. I’ll give them a call.
👍

Top Bottom