Hi-Lift Jack Mounting Options

Rccrwlr

Easier and safer for changing flats.

I started carrying one of these after the ride I took with 2013rubirick and CrippledPetey on fordyce. Ricky got a flat and with the coil overs the highlift was near the top because of the amount of articulation they have. It's pretty sketchy. A bottle Jack just has to overcome the tire size.

Would suggest spending your money on a nice set of side rails. Just because you are not going off road doesn't mean you can't build a Jeep capable of it. This is my new plan.

Xaberi

Banned
If you look and compare the working bits of a farm jack with the HI lift, you can see the quality. All Hi Lift moving parts are serviceable. The Farm jack has been known to bend under heavy pressure,
The Hi lift has an assortment of accessories that can be used with it.
The use of the jack is pretty simple and uncomplicated if you follow the guide lines.
Never stand in front of the handle. Do all your work from the sides.
Put a brick or something behind the wheel in case of moving backward.
Its a good idea to have Hi-lift jack points forward and rear of the vehicle.
Your vehicle will shift to the side if you lift a vehicle that is standing at an angle. You have to compensate
for this.
I have used this jack to lift my vehicle out of a hole, put a rock in the hole and drive out.
You look after your jack, it will look after you.
I have used mine for compressing a door, you can also get a winch adaptor Kit and a wheel kit.
I had rockslider lifter some time ago of but disappeared. I am looking again, might have to import.
See pic below. I found this on the net. This is what works well , provided your slider doesn't bend.
dscn55001zq6.jpg
dscn54991pg7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
If you look and compare the working bits of a farm jack with the HI lift, you can see the quality. All Hi Lift moving parts are serviceable. The Farm jack has been known to bend under heavy pressure,
The use of the jack is pretty simple and uncomplicated if you follow the guide lines.
Your vehicle will shift to the side if you lift a vehicle that is standing at an angle. You have to compensate
for this.
I have used this jack to lift my vehicle out of a hole, put a rock in the hole and drive out.
I have used mine for compressing a door, you can also get a winch adaptor Kit and a wheel kit.
I had rockslider lifter some xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx time ago of but disappeared. I am looking again, might have to import.
See pic below. I found this on the net. This is what works well , provided your slider doesn't bend.
View attachment 306791
View attachment 306792

Nice thread revival. I personally think Hi-lifts are a waste of money and dangerous(in the wrong hands) compared to a bottle jack that can do just as good of a job while taking up way less space and are much safer.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

WJCO

Meme King
for this.
I had rockslider lifter some xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx time ago of but disappeared. I am looking again, might have to import.
View attachment 306791
View attachment 306792

Why don't you quit throwing up solicitation spam links. That's the 2nd time you've done it.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
for this.
I had rockslider lifter some xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx time ago of but disappeared. I am looking again, might have to import.
View attachment 306791
View attachment 306792

IMG_2404.jpg

fiend

Caught the Bug
I actually saw a SPAM commercial on TV last night. Haven’t seen one of those since the 70s.

Good2Go

Well???

AE30A93E-D7EF-4A48-8298-812C6F65898F.jpg

Would you even feed these to your Dog???

And if they’re made in USA, how did they come from Vienna?

:icon_crazy:

jdofmemi

Nice thread revival. I personally think Hi-lifts are a waste of money and dangerous(in the wrong hands) compared to a bottle jack that can do just as good of a job while taking up way less space and are much safer.

To change a tire, use a bottle jack

When stuck, and you need to lift your rig 3 feet or more to get out of a rut, off of a rock, out of a mudhole, or off of something you are high centered on, you need a High Lift.

I have been in mud clear to the top of the taillights, and with the lack of a winch anchor point that would give more than a slight pull, if I didn't have a High Lift, I would not have gotten out.

I have jacked one end up and drove off the jack to gain a couple of feet, then did it again, over and over until on solid ground again.

I have jacked an end up and tipped it sideways to get off of a rock.

I even have used one when stuck in my car I had as a teenager.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
To change a tire, use a bottle jack

When stuck, and you need to lift your rig 3 feet or more to get out of a rut, off of a rock, out of a mudhole, or off of something you are high centered on, you need a High Lift.

I have been in mud clear to the top of the taillights, and with the lack of a winch anchor point that would give more than a slight pull, if I didn't have a High Lift, I would not have gotten out.

I have jacked one end up and drove off the jack to gain a couple of feet, then did it again, over and over until on solid ground again.

I have jacked an end up and tipped it sideways to get off of a rock.

I even have used one when stuck in my car I had as a teenager.

Guess I’m not as cool as you... I refuse to carry one.

jdofmemi

To me it's not about being cool, or trying to win a pissing match.

I'm just explaining uses for the jack as I have used it to get back from places I have been. I have wheeled a lot alone, and have had to get out of some places I should not have been alone.

My experience may help someone else to get home safely, so I try to share it as I can.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
eh, I'm not fan of Hi-Lifts. I still own 2 but they never leave the garage. Of course, I'm just a mall crawler.

jdofmemi

I guess that didn't come out sounding like I planned.

Besides, I didn't get fat until I got older.

While I might not always show the best judgement on where I travel alone, I have always went well prepared, and have been able to get home in more or less one piece every time.

Top Bottom