Hemi question

jeepgreenjon

No not crazy just a fact..lighter, better electrical intergration with the Jeep system, will run cool unlike a Hemi, more real HP, better mpg's, vastly superior trans.

Lots of guys running Hemi's are pulling them and putting in the Chevy's, for the above reasons..esp the inability for them to run in HOT weather.

The guy already has the Hemi sitting under the hood, the build looks like it is well underway and is probably going to be awesome... so YOU think it should have a Chevy, sometimes not expressing your opinion is the best way to avoid insulting someone.

Im enjoying following this build and think the Hemi install is going to be very cool when its done!

xflstl

The guy already has the Hemi sitting under the hood, the build looks like it is well underway and is probably going to be awesome... so YOU think it should have a Chevy, sometimes not expressing your opinion is the best way to avoid insulting someone.

Im enjoying following this build and think the Hemi install is going to be very cool when its done!

No offense was taken, this is the net after all, everyone has there opinion. I happen to like both the LS / and Hemi options. It boiled down to what I liked best, so I went with the Hemi.

I have followed both LS builds as well as Hemi builds, they are both amazing upgrades. The Hemi installs have had issues with overheating, I have taken steps in my build to not only combat this, but just plain eliminate it as a possibility. I have a 6.4 Hemi installed which has been modified, it has a different intake manifold on it as well as the front clip of the engine is different as well from a standard 6.4. Its running a different water pump, which is allowing it to have a belt driven fan, as well as an electric.

All engine swaps of this nature are going to have there issues, its what happens when you do what wasn't designed to be done. Last year in Moab I spent over 4 hours waiting for an LS motor to cool down so we could get it off the trail. Run it for 25 minutes, let it sit for an hour, so on and so on. We ended up taking the hood off and ratchet strapping it to the roof, and even hooking up a small 12v fan out of my jeep to help try and keep it cool. Two days prior to this happening my poor little 3.8l Rubi had to tow it the last 1/2 out of Hells Revenge because it was having fuel issues. So yes any conversion of this nature can have serious issues.

As far as electrical being better on one option over the other.. Really?? If one option runs smoothly, as if it was stock, without any problems / codes or issues, can the other option really be considered better if it runs equally as well?

Throwing down a blanket statement like "This option is better in every possible way" is just crazy, because it's all subjective to one's opinion. In this case it happens to be my Jeep, my money, and my choice's. Therefore others opinions are certainly welcome, however mine is the only one that ultimately matters. :bleh:

Last edited:

xflstl

Picked my Jeep up two days ago, and holy crap what HP can do...... She gets a bit squirrely above 85mph and with the 5.38 gears on 42's tops out at about 105mph.

IMG_20130625_200541_518.jpg
IMG_20130625_112457_652.jpg
IMG_20130625_112445_401.jpg
IMG_20130625_200530_398.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
finally! congrats and wow, I'd love to get behind the wheel of that Jeep, makes me grin just thinking about it.

That's the one thing I miss about my Grand Cherokee...the power of a Hemi

Good looking Jeep!

TiciTaci

Banned
Throwing down a blanket statement like "This option is better in every possible way" is just crazy, because it's all subjective to one's opinion. In this case it happens to be my Jeep, my money, and my choice's. Therefore others opinions are certainly welcome, however mine is the only one that ultimately matters. :bleh:

True that. Dude, super nice Jeep. Congradz.

Top Bottom