Hemi question

Atch

All the best with the conversion. I think lots of us are leaning forward in our seats now that you're committed and want to see how it works out. It'll be a fire breather for sure!:yup:

I'm hoping it doesn't have any issues since ill be wheeling with this monster!

xflstl

I guess for some its only money.... no wait, it traction control doesn't work its safety too.....

Well it is certainly alot more than just money. This is something I have been building twords and saving for a long time. I think being this close to burnville , will help everything work out for the best. Being able to take back to the installer within a couple hours if something goes wrong is something I like. Having talked several times to and now having met Dan, I have talked with him about dash codes and problem's related to programming. I have been assured the Jeep will run codeless as if new, have this in writting, as well as a 3yr/36k mile warranty on all parts included in the conversion.

I have only met in person 5 Jeep owners who have had Hemi conversions done, 3 By Burnsville, the other 2 were AEV conversion's (Not sure what shop did them). 1 of the 3 BOR guys had a code pop on him, ended up being a bad sensor (o2) i think, was replaced and never had abother issue. 1 of the 2 AEV guys had issues, major over heating, as well as several random dash codes that he was still trying to get resolved. Now out of all 5 of these none had over 10k miles on there conversions, so honestly you cant take much out of it. The net is full of post's cursing / praising both AEV and BOR. I also noticed talking to Dan, and talking to the guy from Trailjeeps forgot his name, but it seems that both were hesitant to say either good or bad about the way the "other" guys do thing, this I liked. I dont like people that say there way is the only way and that the other guy does poor work.

So at this point its a done deal, I can only hope for the best, hope for few to no issues, and relax because at least I can drop by and speak / complain / or praise directly to the builder if something is wrong, or if thing's are perfect!!!

Cannot wait to get it back, test it out, then head to Moab!!!!

xflstl

So far the progress is slow, waiting on parts still, some things have been done Halfdoors/ hood and most the parts removed..

IMG_20130411_191704_272.jpg

IMG_20130411_143525_326.jpg

IMG_20130411_143458_934.jpg

jeeeep

Hooked
I've been saving and researching upgrading to a Hemi. I met a guy at Moab EJS that offered me a great deal on Hemi swap and we talked for some time about all the code issues. If he's telling the truth, these guys send the PC units to him for reprogramming with no code faults. I also liked the that he was able to show me the build and produce a build sheet that was all off the shelf parts with part codes (cooler etc...) so if anything did fail they could quickly be ordered and replaced.
He also guaranteed me that if I took the Hemi in to any Chrysler dealer, the dealer would be able to run diagnostics and repair as if it were a dealer install.
He was pretty proud of the fact they were able to figure out all the programming issues and get everything to work in the JK with no error codes and still be able to take it to any Chrysler dealer for Hemi issues if needed.
not sure if I can post the company name on here so if anyone's interested...

xflstl

Latest update, My Hemi getting ready to have low profile oil pan installed before final installation.

IMG_20130419_111410_872.jpg

mn jk jeeper

my buddy bough a 2011 jk from pella motors in iowa and was built by bor
he has zero issues with it all functions work as from stock
the only problem is the twisted drive shafts from a heavy foot off roading
since been fixed with new drive shafts thing is fast as hell with a 392 hemi vvt and a dodge truck half ton tranny
works great on and off road just be easy on the rt foot when trying to apply the torque lol
if you dought what im typing call dan at bor and then call pella motors in iowa they have a few built a year for them and sell them off there lot
any other questions just ask
dan know his shit about them and all functions work with zero overheating or engine code issues

xflstl

my buddy bough a 2011 jk from pella motors in iowa and was built by bor
he has zero issues with it all functions work as from stock
the only problem is the twisted drive shafts from a heavy foot off roading
since been fixed with new drive shafts thing is fast as hell with a 392 hemi vvt and a dodge truck half ton tranny
works great on and off road just be easy on the rt foot when trying to apply the torque lol
if you dought what im typing call dan at bor and then call pella motors in iowa they have a few built a year for them and sell them off there lot
any other questions just ask
dan know his shit about them and all functions work with zero overheating or engine code issues

Ya I saw one for sale at Pella, been a while ago... Funky looking purple thing, I wasn't a fan of the color or the body shape mods they had done, but reguardless of that it was sweet...

Only problem I am running into at this point is a timing issue, I leave for Moab on May 24th, and my Jeep is still in pieces waiting on parts from EVO, and Currie whom are both being butt slow with production and delivery.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
Only problem I am running into at this point is a timing issue, I leave for Moab on May 24th, and my Jeep is still in pieces waiting on parts from EVO, and Currie whom are both being butt slow with production and delivery.

damn...you would think they would have ordered all the parts and had them ready to install knowing you were dropping it off

xflstl

damn...you would think they would have ordered all the parts and had them ready to install knowing you were dropping it off
They were ordered in advance. But when 4 weeks turns in 6 weeks then into 8 weeks who can ya blame. Last update I got both evo and Currie were estimating delivery sometime in the 1st week of may. This is for parts ordered the 1st week in march, I'm sure they are just busy busy, but dang my deadline is rapidly approaching.

jeeeep

Hooked
good info to know, I also plan to upgrade to V8 but now I know to ask and make sure all parts have arrived before dropping it off

bo9roadking

What transmission are you pairing with the Hemi? You mentioned getting an Atlas 4 speed in the future. The reason that I ask is because the WA580 that is in the 2012+ JK's and can be used for the Hemi swaps only has a storage location for one transfer case gear speed besides the 1:1 ratio. I know BOR can update the transmission module for the gear ratio, but with a 4 speed TC, some of your gear options are not going to work.

xflstl

What transmission are you pairing with the Hemi? You mentioned getting an Atlas 4 speed in the future. The reason that I ask is because the WA580 that is in the 2012+ JK's and can be used for the Hemi swaps only has a storage location for one transfer case gear speed besides the 1:1 ratio. I know BOR can update the transmission module for the gear ratio, but with a 4 speed TC, some of your gear options are not going to work.

My JK is a 2010 is it will get a Dodge Ram 1500 545RFE 5 Speed Automatic. Keeping the stock rubi transfer case for now. At some point I will most likely go with an Atlas.

xflstl

Got all the parts from EVO and Currie in a couple weeks ago, well ok not all. Evo forgot a couple brackets for the lever system, and Currie forgot a tie rod. They both got the missing parts shipped out asap and all is good now. My Jeep should be rolling out the door in 3 or 4 days, BOR is cleaning up any random codes (Air bag) is the only one they had, and then putting a few test miles on it before handing me the keys...

A few Pics from suspension install.

shockmountp.jpg

dtd1.jpg

shockmountp2.jpg

dtd3.jpg

dtd5.jpg

Top Bottom