Heading to Taos Jeepless

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks everyone, will do! The mountains are spectacular and actually being able to see more than 100 feet like we do in Michigan is my favorite part. The vistas are amazing

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Bear_JT

Hooked
Welcome to New Mexico! When you get to Santa Fe and you need a lunch break, check out Tomasitas restaurant. It’s downtown near a lot of the galleries and is seriously good. Order your chile on the side (it’s hot). The swirl drink pairs well with everything. It’s a mix of frozen margarita and sangria.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

nmwranglerx

Caught the Bug
Welcome to New Mexico! You lucked out on the weather. It’s been pretty windy lately. This weekend should be primo. I’ll second Tomasitas in Santa Fe. Make sure you have some sopapillas to help with the chili heat. Enjoy your stay, there’s lots of beautiful high desert to explore.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Thanks, we will check it out. The weather has been perfect! We also made a quick run up to Taos Ski Village yesterday. Really cool drive up that gorge. A lot of good trail heads there for hiking.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

wjtstudios

Hooked
Little change of plans. We started off the day doing the enchanted circle up to red river. Goose lake trail was closed. It was still snowed in so we ran the fire roads up to cabresto lake and did some hiking up there.

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

Then we dropped way south down to Ghost ranch and climbed up to chimney rock. Absolutely spectacular area. Best part of the trip so far.

IMG_1103.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

Big mile day today both in the Jeep and on foot.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 Jeep Scrambler

Top Bottom