Got Gas Spraying Out When Filling-Up?

I must be the lucky one here,every time i go to get gas at HESS,there's this clown there that keeps on asking me ..Does the fuel overflow in this jeep,and Im like ...What are you talking about...Now I know.:crazyeyes:

Well, after two trips to the dealership with them having my jeep for two days on the second trip....it's still not fixed. They have to order the part and its going to take 5 days to get here! And a third trip to the dealership.

My 08 does "spray" my 12 doesn't at least not yet. I had the fuel nozzle repair under warranty over a year ago after I filed a complaint with the NHTSA. My 08 still sprays. When I think It's close to full I just back off the fuel flow so it doesn't spray as bad. I guess my point is it probably won't be worth the fight. But I hope they fix yours.

Just thought I would post an update on this. I've been getting follow up calls from Chrysler to let me know where we were at with things. As of today, parts are finally in and we should be able to pick up our Jeep soon... or, so I'm told.

Just thought I would post an update on this. I've been getting follow up calls from Chrysler to let me know where we were at with things. As of today, parts are finally in and we should be able to pick up our Jeep soon... or, so I'm told.

If they have been waiting on the parts so long, why couldn't you just have brought Moby back to when they arrived, instead of having him sit at the dealer so long?:(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

If they have been waiting on the parts so long, why couldn't you just have brought Moby back to when they arrived, instead of having him sit at the dealer so long?:(

Long story short, they were working our our transmission at the same time. Not like they couldn't have finished that up first but, you know how it goes :rolleyes2:

Long story short, they were working our our transmission at the same time. Not like they couldn't have finished that up first but, you know how it goes :rolleyes2:

I have been less than impressed by the amount of time the dealer takes to get peoples jeeps fixed. Every story I hear seems to involve a week for Chrysler to approve the repair, then another on parts to show up, and at least another to do the work... not like some of us daily drive our rigs or anything... is a lil speed and organization on their part too much to ask? They should have parts for tsb items in stock at the very least. Also stocking parts for common issues like the pent a star heads would be great

Hey, I have a problem with the gas tank and before opening another thread I thought I'll ask here first.

I have a 2007 JKUR and I have bought it earlier this year with the gas tank half full. After filling it up I usually don't recognize any spills but it smells like fuel so badly that I want to turn off the blower whenever I have to stop at a red light or so. Once the tank is half empty the smell goes away.

Apparently the smell has to do with the level of gas in the tank, maybe it is a leak in the upper part of the tank. But an undiscovered spill after fill-up is still thinkable, it might just take about the time of driving the tank half empty until the spill has completely evaporated. How would you narrow this issue down? The only warranty I have is 12 months / 12,000 miles on the drivetrain.

So, a week later, I get a call from Chrysler to let me know that the gas spraying out of the filler problem has been fixed and that they would be closing my case. Hooray!! The bad news is that Moby is still at the dealership and, from what I'm told, they are still hearing some noise that may require them to pull the transmission back out. Looks like Moby is gonna be there a bit longer :sigh:

Resurrecting this old thread...took my jeep to the dealer to have the filler tube/check valve replaced and was turned away due to my "aftermarket bracketry". They refuse to work on my jeep because they cannot access the filler tube without removing my rear suspension...and they do not want to touch those suspension parts. Really, all I have are bolt-on coilovers in the back. Anyone run into this problem with the dealership?

I have found that sometimes when you take it in if you tell them you are gonna wait on it they are more motivated to get it done.

Mine went bad about a year ago and they said they had to drop the gas tank down. Problem was I had some wiring running around the tank. They said they had to charge me labor to cut and re-route the wiring. I said sure, thinking it wasn't going to be that bad. It was only a few wires. Boy was I wrong... went to pick it up and had a bill for $300 in labor. Don't get me wrong, they did a good, clean job on those few wires, but damn.

Resurrecting this old thread...took my jeep to the dealer to have the filler tube/check valve replaced and was turned away due to my "aftermarket bracketry". They refuse to work on my jeep because they cannot access the filler tube without removing my rear suspension...and they do not want to touch those suspension parts. Really, all I have are bolt-on coilovers in the back. Anyone run into this problem with the dealership?

I bought my 2007 Wrangler in June 2014. Mine is spilling fuel out and takes forever to fill up. I read online about the fuel tube and got the part number from the video. I called a local dealer to order the part so I could install it. The parts guy said it was a recall part and transferred me to the service dept. They set up an appt. for next week and it will be done free of charge.

We'll see.

Love this forum... today was the last straw... gas poured out everywhere... searched on here... saw the recall... called the dealer... got an appointment for next Friday to replace it for free... I'll keep ya posted.

is this an actual recall or a warranty thing??? im the 3rd owner on my jeep so I don't have that fancy shmancy warranty but I do have gas spit back at me from time to time. If I can get it done as a recall for free then yeah I might as well but if it is gonna cost me then mehhh I can live with a little gas on the ground

Top Bottom