Gorilla's super slow Building of SilverBack

SilverBack

So far only negative is I can only get them from Forgestar, directly or ExtremeTerain. Ick.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Have you seen any pictures of the ring off the wheel? Or a cut away of the wheel? I was unable to locate any. I would be hard pressed to believe it’s a real beadlock for that price and that weight. I highly doubt it’ll hold up.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

USMC Wrangler

I think I damaged a wheel speed sensor doing the install of the EVO front shock relocation or beaks..... next project I guess. After that I’ll install the 3rd row sport cage from Rock Hard 4x4 and some RSE slider steps ...

Do you already have the 3rd row setup? My kiddos are too big for the 3rd row and I pulled all of mine.

SilverBack

Have you seen any pictures of the ring off the wheel? Or a cut away of the wheel? I was unable to locate any. I would be hard pressed to believe it’s a real beadlock for that price and that weight. I highly doubt it’ll hold up.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

No I haven’t. Good point. Damn,,, they look freakin sweet. Back to the drawing board! Thank you!

SilverBack

We the last of the goodies are on the Jeep well at least until
It’s wheels, tires and a lift.

SilverBack

Quick question for the masses. The new King 2.5 shocks I just installed on my 15 JKUR, rotate after a short time. Enough to rub on the shock tower. The passenger side is work and has actually scored the aluminum of the reservoir. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this. Thanks!

MericaMade

Quick question for the masses. The new King 2.5 shocks I just installed on my 15 JKUR, rotate after a short time. Enough to rub on the shock tower. The passenger side is work and has actually scored the aluminum of the reservoir. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this. Thanks!

This is how I fixed it. There is a metal sleeve that goes over the top of the shock bolt in between the two rubber washers. That metal sleeve is a little too long so it prevents you from being able to tightening down the bolt to compress the rubber grommets. I shave down that metal sleeve a little allowing you to tighten the shock and put more pressure on the grommets. My shocks haven't moved in a few months now.

Ps. Love the name of your Jeep.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

wjtstudios

Hooked
Or just put a zip tie around the hose to to the Rez and secure it to the frame to keep it from rotating. Quick fix, and mines been on for years with no rubbing showing on the hose.

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

SilverBack

This is how I fixed it. There is a metal sleeve that goes over the top of the shock bolt in between the two rubber washers. That metal sleeve is a little too long so it prevents you from being able to tightening down the bolt to compress the rubber grommets. I shave down that metal sleeve a little allowing you to tighten the shock and put more pressure on the grommets. My shocks haven't moved in a few months now.

Ps. Love the name of your Jeep.

Sent from my SM-G975U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thank you for the info. I think I will attempt this in the near future. Till then I fashion a bungee cord to keep them away from the spring perch.

P.S. Thank you in reference to the name.

SilverBack

So, it’s been a minute since my last update. Some stuff happened.. moved into a new place with the wife and dog. Has a great yard for our dog, a room for visitors, a great kitchen, very nice master suite and a wonderful room that we’ve made into a NURSERY for our as yet unborn daughter!

Clutch

Caught the Bug
So, it’s been a minute since my last update. Some stuff happened.. moved into a new place with the wife and dog. Has a great yard for our dog, a room for visitors, a great kitchen, very nice master suite and a wonderful room that we’ve made into a NURSERY for our as yet unborn daughter!

Congrats!![emoji64]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wjtstudios

Hooked
Congrats on the new home. Those babies make all kinds of things happen before they are born!

2015 JKUR AEV JK350
1985 CJ8 Scrambler

SilverBack

Waiting on some Dynatrac Pro Steer ball joints .. and some chrome molly replacement axle what’s in the back. Have a leaking seal on one sonI figures was a good chance to swap them out and install new seals and bearings to have as spares.. I can’t wait as SilverBack is a daily driver and needs the help.

SilverBack

Just read my last post. Damn fat finger syndrome and word replacement made my post sound like a drunk fool..

Top Bottom