Gorilla's super slow Building of SilverBack

SilverBack

A little update:
Before:
Stock 255/75R17 KM tires with 27k miles. Used to run 38psi and they weighed about 71 lbs!
IMG_7258.jpg

After:
New 285/75R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with 10 miles. They sit right at 33.1 inches tall. Running 36psi at the moment. 90.4 lbs per corner (wheel and tire).
IMG_8562.jpg

Reprogrammed already with my Procal.
No rubbing at all while driving and turning from lock to lock. Will find out about full flex another time but did do it traversing a small ditch.

These tires not only run a lot quieter and smoother but they look bad ass in our opinion! Great job Nitto and thanks a bunch to Patrick at Discount Tire Direct, not only a great product but amazing customer service!

Next might be the crawler conceptz tire carrier!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SilverBack

Find that a get just a small amount of rubbing on the drivers side at full flex. Just a little on the flare. Don't seem to on the passenger side!

Last edited:

SilverBack

Quick update on SilverBack... He is enjoying the hell out of the Ridge Grapplers but has had a few rubbing issues at full or near full flex. The tires made it through a serious winter and are now enjoying the fields (plowed or not) while taking Lucky our jeep/pointer/retriever/big baby for hunting training or just a good run. The rotopax have come in handy a few times because as you know SilverBack and this like him can be quite thirsty when playing off the beaten path. All in all he is doing great and running like a champ even made it through a spell of water in the fuel to which I remedied with some alcohol and patience. Hope you all appreciate him!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

SilverBack

Well, finally have the family and SilverBack on good ‘ol US soil again. Been busy as hell relocating us all and just collected him from the freight company. Will have to drive past the Dayton plant to make the world trip a complete one. Can’t wait to meet some of you all on the trails and meets.
IMG_4818.jpg IMG_4821.jpg

The wife and I are stoked. Enjoying Savannah, GA. For a few days. Awesome area!

SilverBack

Took the time to do a little maintenance and address a sporadic issue before it became a major one.
Front and rear differential fluid
Transfer case fluid
Oil and filter
Rear brakes
Coil packs and plugs
Tire rotation

Jeep runs like and sounds new again.

Top Bottom